Author Topic: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?  (Read 1395 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »
All great songs, no classics.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2011, 02:35:37 PM »
Yeah, really. If you're going to say "How We Do" is classic, you have to say mainstream singles like "In Da Club" & "Lean Back" are classic lol.

Those songs could easily be considered classics

I'd say in da club is a classic. Still gets played in clubs to this day. Lean Back not so much.

In da club is definitely a classic, just like hate it or love it. If these two aren't considered modern day classics I don't know what is.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
considering you can turn on the radio and hear hate it or love it to this day or how we do, which i have and almost quite often, for how long ago that was i guess those really gotta be his classic records. His fan base will share their songs they consider classics but to the hip hop world its gotta be those 2
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:00:17 PM by friscoliving »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »
you'd have to be a fucking retard to say in da club aint a classic. That shit gave the hip hop game a boost for a good minute. Y'all probably never hit puberty back then to realise the flavour of the joint.

Go shaawwty its your birrthday lol

As for game, he got 5/5 joints, but nothing you could say is an ALL TIME CLASSIC. He got classic joints in terms of modern day great joints, dreams, hate it or love it (cringe, hate that shit), put you on the game, how we do, one blood (this strictly for niggaz tho) and album cuts which are 5/5 joints...but an all time classic...naa

But how many cats have?

;-)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2011, 10:31:56 PM »
You guys seem to be forgetting the impact "How We Do" had....

It was the first time Dre had made a Westcoast beat for a Westcoast artist other than himself in 6 years. It was the first time an artist had charted a top single on the Westcoast other than Snoop and Dre in god knows how long....

Game had so much hype around him prior to the singles being released, and this single only validated the hype he was receiving prior to that from his mixtape appearances and being signed to Aftermath. This song was heard everywhere, and got people talking about the Westcoast again. Not to mention, it's one of Dre's cleanest beats to date (in my opinion). Sure Dre had made some recent hits prior to that, but they all went to Eminem and 50 Cent. This was a time when Dre went back to his roots and had an artist in the booth yelling "Compton" and "Westside" on tracks, and was still getting national play and spins, sales, everything you can expect from a single.

It's one of those songs that comes on in the club 6 years later, and EVERYONE will groove to it like it just came out.

I think all of the above reasons without a doubt makes "How We Do" a classic.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
How we do is a 50 cent song that he allowed game to use. Let's be real. It's a 50 song. Same with hate it or love it.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »
It doesn't matter - it's Game's song, and when people hear it, people think of Game and the Westcoast. It sounds like a Westcoast track, it doesn't sound like a NY track.

50 didn't add anything to the song that Game didn't already bring to the table. It's not like 50's verse killed Game's or anything.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »
50 wrote the hook and had his verses done already. Game just threw his verses on because 50 wanted to promote his new artist. Game was replaceable on the song. Without him the songs a hit. Without 50 the song doesn't exist.Game didn't bring anything to the table whatsoever. These are facts. Only the biggest game stans can't admit it.Even games verse was just a play on 50s verse. 50 made those songs what they were
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:50:24 PM by Jaydc is back »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2011, 10:55:03 PM »
Turn on the radio & hear it? I haven't heard Hate It or Love It on the radio since the summer it came out. Let's calm down.

Maybe "In Da Club" is a classic. It's easily a personal classic to me. I just didn't think it was regarded so highly by other Hip Hop fans.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »
Turn on the radio & hear it? I haven't heard Hate It or Love It on the radio since the summer it came out. Let's calm down.

Maybe "In Da Club" is a classic. It's easily a personal classic to me. I just didn't think it was regarded so highly by other Hip Hop fans.

I dont listen to the radio maybe once a month and i hear how we do whenever i do listen to the radio, gets good rotation i'm willing to bet that record gets a good amount of spins still.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 12:22:01 AM »
50 wrote the hook and had his verses done already. Game just threw his verses on because 50 wanted to promote his new artist. Game was replaceable on the song. Without him the songs a hit. Without 50 the song doesn't exist.Game didn't bring anything to the table whatsoever. These are facts. Only the biggest game stans can't admit it.Even games verse was just a play on 50s verse. 50 made those songs what they were

50 should have kept those songs for himself. Even Game said that lol.

Nah I agree, 50 and Game made a great tandem together on records. It's crazy the buzz that album had around it because and I know I am gonna catch heat for this but I'm built for it, the Documentary is HIGHLY OVERRATED.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 12:25:43 AM »
i'm from LA and till this day if they throw on "hate it or love it" or 'how we do' in the club, people react...so at the very least i would call them classic party/club songs(in the same vain of a 'in the club' or 'aint no fun' although not nearly as respected), at least in this region of the country....
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 12:53:46 AM »

It was the first time Dre had made a Westcoast beat for a Westcoast artist other than himself in 6 years. It was the first time an artist had charted a top single on the Westcoast other than Snoop and Dre in god knows how long....

Game had so much hype around him prior to the singles being released, and this single only validated the hype he was receiving prior to that from his mixtape appearances and being signed to Aftermath. This song was heard everywhere, and got people talking about the Westcoast again. Not to mention, it's one of Dre's cleanest beats to date (in my opinion). Sure Dre had made some recent hits prior to that, but they all went to Eminem and 50 Cent. This was a time when Dre went back to his roots and had an artist in the booth yelling "Compton" and "Westside" on tracks, and was still getting national play and spins, sales, everything you can expect from a single.

It's one of those songs that comes on in the club 6 years later, and EVERYONE will groove to it like it just came out.

i fail to hear why How we do has a west coast sounding beat

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2011, 12:55:05 AM »

the keys on the beat are very west coast ish

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2011, 01:01:54 AM »

the keys on the beat are very west coast ish
fair enough.

the drums not so much