Author Topic: "Breathe" and "Hero" were best joints on Nas Untitled... by far!  (Read 393 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I want to bring up a discussion on the past, people disagreed with my review of the Untitled (Nigger) album by Nas, mainly because I said the best tracks were 3-5.  (basically I could say the first half of the album cause "America" was also a very timely record)

But I was just bumpin "Breathe" again today and how the fuck is it not easily the best track?  That shit is so dope man.  You have to understand the concept.  Cause the track is way deep.  It digs to the root of the meaning of life.  We were put on this Earth for a reason and each one of of us has an essence that is beautiful, like "diamonds" "shinin" like Nas says... but people are constantly fuckin with us and life is constantly stressin us.... but if you can just get that  moment to "Breathe" then it all makes sense and the world is a beautiful place.

...People complained I was some kind of pop music fan just because I was biggin up the first half of the album, and I'm no fan of Chris Brown but track 4 was yet another banger, I have to admit.  Also "Hero" was a hott joint and the beat and that last verse were fire!!

Then you have the "America" track bangin right as the first black man in history is about to become Prez, thats a track to really reflect on.

...do you guys seriously have any taste in music?  Because the second half of the album Nas started to fade into I Am and Nastradaumus territory.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
Re: "Breathe" and "Hero" were best joints on Nas Untitled... by far!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:22:49 AM »
Fried Chicken was the best track  ;D ;D

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:03:48 AM »
add in we make the world go round, and yup i agree..top 3 tracks on that album...

Okka

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:24:54 AM »
But I was just bumpin "Breathe" again today and how the fuck is it not easily the best track?  That shit is so dope man.  You have to understand the concept.  Cause the track is way deep.  It digs to the root of the meaning of life.  We were put on this Earth for a reason and each one of of us has an essence that is beautiful, like "diamonds" "shinin" like Nas says... but people are constantly fuckin with us and life is constantly stressin us.... but if you can just get that  moment to "Breathe" then it all makes sense and the world is a beautiful place.

Are you talkin' about the girl you were with when you were 16 years old?

People complained I was some kind of pop music fan just because I was biggin up the first half of the album, and I'm no fan of Chris Brown but track 4 was yet another banger, I have to admit.  Also "Hero" was a hott joint and the beat and that last verse were fire!!

Then you have the "America" track bangin right as the first black man in history is about to become Prez, thats a track to really reflect on.

...do you guys seriously have any taste in music?  Because the second half of the album Nas started to fade into I Am and Nastradaumus territory.

Hell nahh, you are the only one postin' here that has any taste in music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:29:57 AM »
add in we make the world go round, and yup i agree..top 3 tracks on that album...

Finally someone who knows good music when they hear it
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 09:27:53 AM »
LOL, absolutely not.

It's either "Sly Fox", "Black President", "We're Not Alone" or "America". "Hero" was a good single, but it was on the bottom half of this album.

This is a personal classic. So many great songs.

But give me every song besides "Make The World Go Round" over "Hero".

Tha_Tactican

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
I agree breathe was one of the best and i personally like hero but hero isnt the best. Me personally the best joints were "Breathe" of course along w/ "Sly Fox", "America" and "Queens Get The Money".

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
I agree breathe was one of the best and i personally like hero but hero isnt the best. Me personally the best joints were "Breathe" of course along w/ "Sly Fox", "America" and "Queens Get The Money".

"Sly Fox" was dope for one listen but had no replay value.   

Okka

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »
"Untitled" was the best song on the album IMO. That beat is just amazing.

Ronny

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
@ topic starter, you're a fucking deluded imbecile, the best song on this album was "Can't Stop Us" and "Unititled" and that is a FACT ! dick

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
LOL, absolutely not.

It's either "Sly Fox", "Black President", "We're Not Alone" or "America". "Hero" was a good single, but it was on the bottom half of this album.

Your crazy. Hero was definitely in the top half of Untitled.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 01:43:45 PM »
I'd put Queens Get The Money, Fried Chicken, Y'all My Niggas and N.I.G.G.E.R. above those tracks.

Hero tried too hard to be commercial. Breathe was alright though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jay Bananas

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
SORRY BRIAN, I WAS BUSY LISTENING TO MOZART AND SAM COOKE...YOU WERE SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT TASTE IN MUSIC?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »
Queens Get The Money sounds unfinished, like they were forcing it to make it sould like it was from 96 but failed. Hero is a great track, commercial but still, I like it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »
LOL, absolutely not.

Your crazy. Hero was definitely in the top half of Untitled.

Not tryna take away from that song. Great single. Just so much greater material around it.