Author Topic: Which rappers give the best interviews and which rappers give the worst?  (Read 714 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
For being such a great rapper Nas always gave the shittiest interviews.   He had a great role in the 97 Rhyme and Reason documentary, but that was really a different style of interview all together.  That's the only time I saw him come off well in an interview like the person you hear in the music.

Pac ofcourse, always gave the best interviews.   Vibe came out with that book years ago, I'm sure a lot of you have it, but it is a compilation of all their articles and interviews for him and it's damn near a masterpiece of hip-hop journalism.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
With his gravely voice and fake gangsta persona, Game has to be one of the worst. I always enjoy a Snoop Dogg interview.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Nas interviews are horrible.. check out the video wit Nardwar, smh
----
Warren G is shitty interview-material. ("...u know im sayin, nahmsayin - Snoop is my brother, Dre is my brother, Nate is mybrother. i have love for all of em. sniff, sniff... nahmsayi?")
and all of the aftermath-staff/artists (...."I cant speak on it right now",I cant speak on it right now" or "Dr Dre is a genius!")
-----
?uestlove (The Roots) is cool
Jay-Z too
oh, n Snoop (depending on his high and mood)

*edit*
cant forget Primo. always insightful
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:06:20 PM by Michael Madsen »

Triple OG Rapsodie

Nas can't talk. He can rap but he sounds like an idiot having actual conversations.

Immortal Technique gives good interviews and always drops some knowledge.

bouli77

Bun B gives some very thoughtful interviews. You can always sense that dude is very serious about his craft and you can tell he is intelligent.

Shock G gives insightful interviews too, he knows a lot about hip hop.

Boots Riley gives good interviews, check the one on cocaineblunt.com

Daz has given some of the funniest interviews, involuntary though lol.

Bad Azz gives cool interviews, plenty of anecdotes.

Quik can give interesting interviews with shitloads of worthy anecdotes but gets boring when he starts ranting
------

E-40 gives boring interviews. dude just brags about being humble (paradoxical i know) and says the same shit over and over again. "i provided the independent blueprint. i rep my soil. i stay humble and hungry" bla bla bla

Warren G gives always the same interviews where he sounds bitter and desperate to reconnect with Dre musically, brownnosing.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
----
Warren G is shitty interview-material. ("...u know im sayin, nahmsayin - Snoop is my brother, Dre is my brother, Nate is mybrother. i have love for all of em. sniff, sniff... nahmsayi?")
and all of the aftermath-staff/artists (...."I cant speak on it right now",I cant speak on it right now" or "Dr Dre is a genius!")
-----
Jay-Z too

LMAO, you need a life homie, no offense but you have an un-healty obsession with these hip-hop musicians. i know your prolly 15-17 so you prolly dont have a g.f. either but you sound really miserable towards these GUY's. 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
50 cent gives the best interviews hands down, he's right up there with pac . The sheer entertainment value is off the charts. He's extremely witty and hilarious.

Truthfully I'd rather listen to his interviews over beats then listen to him rap nowadays.

B.g. Gives the worst, he's always high out of his mind on heroin or pills and makes no fucking sense

Jay Bananas

Depends on the interviewer too. If it's some nerdy Eurofuck asking questions over the phone, its bound to suck.

If it's Nardwuar, he'll make sure it's a good interview.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Mmbb6lwatI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7Mmbb6lwatI</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
50 cent gives the best interviews hands down

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Kanye's interviews are usually pretty decent. Will Smith always gave cool interviews too

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Depends on the interviewer too. If it's some nerdy Eurofuck asking questions over the phone, its bound to suck.

If it's Nardwuar, he'll make sure it's a good interview.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Mmbb6lwatI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7Mmbb6lwatI</a>

Nardwuar is easily the best interviewer in the business. I think anybody that's interviewed him can attest to that

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
^For real. I've watched at least ten of his interviews. The one with Odd Future is great.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
His one with pharrell is my favorite.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

----
-----
Jay-Z too

LMAO, you need a life homie, no offense but you have an un-healty obsession with these hip-hop musicians. i know your prolly 15-17 so you prolly dont have a g.f. either but you sound really miserable towards these GUY's. 8)

okay, .. so i will not post about music or my opinions in music anymore on this music-forum, cuz i dont want to make u mad... ..... ...... right?
::)

Sccit

tech n9ne, 2pac and mac dre were the best interviews....