Author Topic: Which rappers give the best interviews and which rappers give the worst?  (Read 711 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
His one with pharrell is my favorite.

Just checked it. The one with N.E.R.D., I assume.

How does he get all that info & show them shit that they loved like 10-15 years ago? Crazy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LOL, the one with Jay-Z is such a joke. Jay was trying to be serious as fuck.

Nardwuar: Who are you?

Jay: Who am I? I'm a young man from the Marcy projects, who really made the thing they say is the "American Dream" come true. Because I'm not supposed to be here speaking to you. There's a lot people that come from where I come. There are a lot of skilled people who come from where I come, who are not here right now...

Nardwuar: You're Jay-Z.

jeanmiche777

DJ Premier is the best. He got the best memory, he remembers EVEYTHING, it's crazy.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Bun B gives some very thoughtful interviews. You can always sense that dude is very serious about his craft and you can tell he is intelligent.

Shock G gives insightful interviews too, he knows a lot about hip hop.

Boots Riley gives good interviews, check the one on cocaineblunt.com

Daz has given some of the funniest interviews, involuntary though lol.

Bad Azz gives cool interviews, plenty of anecdotes.

Quik can give interesting interviews with shitloads of worthy anecdotes but gets boring when he starts ranting
------

E-40 gives boring interviews. dude just brags about being humble (paradoxical i know) and says the same shit over and over again. "i provided the independent blueprint. i rep my soil. i stay humble and hungry" bla bla bla

Warren G gives always the same interviews where he sounds bitter and desperate to reconnect with Dre musically, brownnosing.

Yeah, I noticed that too about Shock G.  Shock is broadly intelligent and insightful.  Has a creative mind.  One of those smart people who's probably enhanced his mind even more through drug use, lol.

and lol about Warren G, that shit is kind of true about his interviews.... Although Warren G's interview content is similar to his music in a way.  Alot of his songs are very nostalgic, rappin about his homies and growing up with Snoop.  Which is pretty much the same shit he talks about in interviews. 

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas interviews are horrible.. check out the video wit Nardwar, smh
----
Warren G is shitty interview-material. ("...u know im sayin, nahmsayin - Snoop is my brother, Dre is my brother, Nate is mybrother. i have love for all of em. sniff, sniff... nahmsayi?")
and all of the aftermath-staff/artists (...."I cant speak on it right now",I cant speak on it right now" or "Dr Dre is a genius!")
-----
?uestlove (The Roots) is cool
Jay-Z too
oh, n Snoop (depending on his high and mood)

*edit*
cant forget Primo. always insightful

I agree with what you said about everyone like Warren G and Primo... but I think Jay Z's interviews are wack just like his music.  It's all just a marketing campaign promoting himself, and very little substance to prove why he ever deserved his position in the first place. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DJ Premier is the best. He got the best memory, he remembers EVEYTHING, it's crazy.

No doubt... what you always have to appreciate about DJ Premier is his deep love for hip-hop which supersedes all else.   

• Muthafuckin' Don!
...Also, KRS 1 is always a great interviewer.  Kind of goes without saying, dude is the teacher, the philosopher, and great ambassador of hip-hop.  In fact his interviews over the past 14 years or so have been even better than his music, and have kept him relevant.

Jay Bananas

Decided to check out some Premo interviews after what you guys said.

Good storyteller, seems like someone I could geek out with over music.

Jimmy H.

...Also, KRS 1 is always a great interviewer.  Kind of goes without saying, dude is the teacher, the philosopher, and great ambassador of hip-hop.  In fact his interviews over the past 14 years or so have been even better than his music, and have kept him relevant.
KRS is just incredible. I went to yet another of his shows, last weekend, and he never fails to impress with the knowledge he drops.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Krs also says some down right retarded things that make you shake your head. Beefing with nelly? Enough said

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
KRS-1 said Lil' Wayne was the best rapper alive lol.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
KRS is just incredible. I went to yet another of his shows, last weekend, and he never fails to impress with the knowledge he drops.

real talk

Sccit

i would agree with the premo and krs-1 picks, but i prefer interviews where we get more of an insight on the persons life than a hip-hop lesson. those are good in its own way, but 2pac, for instance, the way he described his feelings was poetic, even in interviews...he wasnt always tryna educate and what not, he was more of a natural speaker, from the heart...mac dre was like that too. same with tech. those cats didnt even need 2 think, they just said what they felt.

socal

• 'G'
2pac hands down!
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i would agree with the premo and krs-1 picks, but i prefer interviews where we get more of an insight on the persons life than a hip-hop lesson. those are good in its own way, but 2pac, for instance, the way he described his feelings was poetic, even in interviews...he wasnt always tryna educate and what not, he was more of a natural speaker, from the heart...mac dre was like that too. same with tech. those cats didnt even need 2 think, they just said what they felt.

good point about them being great interviews not having to think or educate but just saying what they felt