Author Topic: Which rappers give the best interviews and which rappers give the worst?  (Read 713 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I hardly ever listen / read any rappers' interview, unless it's something really really interesting they're talking about.

kemizt

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
With his gravely voice and fake gangsta persona, Game has to be one of the worst.
he should do interviews when he's drunk

and it depends on the interviewer if he can make the interview interesting (unless you are Nas or Kid Cudi). Yelawolf does good interviews, J. Cole, Kendrick, Em and Royce, Pusha, Slug, K.R.I.T., Black Thought...

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Suga Foot

I never miss a Nardwuar interview.  I was actually chillin with his camera man right before that Nas interview. 

fette_chico

• 'G'
I never really listened to interviews until i seen a jay z juan epstein posted on here with a small description of what it was about. After hearing that, i liked it that much  I downloaded the whole archive and for a couple of weeks listened to them at work. If you like quality interviews / entertainment i recommend looking up the juan epstein podcasts. In response to the original question from those interviews the ones that come to mind

Snoop is Cool as fuck talks about anything, told a gem about the whole Pac / Nas confrontation that has been discussed on here
Fat Joe did dope interviews found out him and big were the original twins, heaps of pun stories etc.
Lil Kim was really interesting with big / junior mafia stories more down to earth than i thought she would be
Redman is entertaining as fuck but Method Man not so much, interesting stories but comes off as arrogant
Busta Rhymes was cool
Soulja Boy was real ignorant said he didnt know who the wu-tang clan were, to which rosenberg responded "have you ever heard a hip hop record before"
CNN were pretty entertaining and laid back Noreaga is a funny MF
Pharrel is pretty cool too much more of a hip-hop head than i thought after hearing his interview i had a new respect for him
Jay was pretty dope too.
Oh yeah the last one with Em and Royce is good too they went into everything
Almost forgot Jim Jones and Cam got good stories too
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:01:06 AM by fette_chico »

GangstaBoogy

Bishop Lamont takes the cake for the worst. Dude did an interview with dubcnn a few months back where he literally didn't answer a question.

Other bad interviewees: Mack 10 (dull as hell), Warren G (nahimsayin), Game (forced humor that's never funny). And as I'm typing it dawns on me all these dudes are from California lol

Best interviewees: 50 (his music sucks now but some of his interviews are down-right classic), 2Pac (dude was so loud and serious lol, he could talk for 10 minutes straight without taking a breather)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 hands down, always entertaining

wardy

Daz Dillinger - You just know a interview with him will be entertaining.

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
joaquin phoenix

Jimmy H.

I think 50 Cent, DJ Quik, and Pac are the best interviews for me to watch/read/listen to.

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
surprised no one said diddy

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
50's interviews are usually pretty entertainin.