0 (0%)
Kendrick Lamar
0 (0%)
Glasses Malone
0 (0%)
Jay Rock
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Who is the Most OVERRATED West Coast Artist  (Read 1070 times)

Si-Chiggedy

Re: Who is the Most OVERRATED West Coast Artist
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2011, 03:54:16 AM »
Yukmouth overrated? Lmao dude has been severely UNDERrated his entire career. And how is Game overrated when as soon as his name is mentioned on here every one of these roaches come crawling from under the refrigerator to hate on him?

Try making sense sometimes people.

And btw, can someone please explain to me how Nipsey "sold out"? I've seen that mentioned on here quite a few times but I never really followed dude so I literally don't understand the reasoning.

what I said totally makes sense. Everytime there's a Yukmouth feature people be like "niiiiice a new yukmouth, been waitin for so long, dude should drop a new record!!!" and praise his shit. When Million Dolla Mouthpiece dropped a lotta people went crazy. I thought it was wack, lol. His hole way of rapping sucks to me. But as I said, he was cool in the 90's. He's def. not underrated. If you like his rapping, that's your taste then.

As far as Game concerning, people claimed him as the top new west coast artist and bla ever since Documentary dropped. This experienced a downtime since his last album but a lotta people still trippin on his lyrics and praise them as something special. Game CAN have a good verse here and there and his flow is on point most of the time, I dont say he's whack but he surely isnt one of the top 5 west coast artists. at least to me.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2011, 05:01:21 AM »
This thread should be renamed Who is the Most OVERRATED West Coast Artist on dubcc. Really outside of this forum ain't a whole lot of other people really overrating the people mentioned except Game.

Kendrick Lamar is overrated here and everywhere else!

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2011, 06:27:21 AM »
Clit Dogg nobody believes you. You've never had any contact with Crooked, whos to say he even knew about this. Trav could have just took the money and ran.

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2011, 08:36:07 AM »
The reason why i say Dre and Snoop are overrated is because they still have such an impact on the west coast, however most of their work that we here now of days is garbage.  Both Chronic's and doggystyle =Classics after those 3 albums they really aint done shit
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

b.laden

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »
Dr Dre no doubt !

Jimmy H.

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »
The reason why i say Dre and Snoop are overrated is because they still have such an impact on the west coast, however most of their work that we here now of days is garbage.  Both Chronic's and doggystyle =Classics after those 3 albums they really aint done shit
Impact is impact. I don't feel that a decline in perceived quality over 20 years is the same as say, being overrated. I don't think the music that Michael Jackson made in the last 15 years of his life was on par with the stuff he did in the 15 years before that, that doesn't mean he overrated. It's just something to factor in when it comes to longevity.

With Game, I'd say he's "overrated" based not on the fact that I don't find him talented but I think he's a great rapper that is still undefined in terms of being an "artist". There's the popular critique that I think 50 first brought out in that Game can excel when the blueprint is already established for him but when he doesn't have that guidance, his concepts can ocassionaly come off as fairly deravitive. I'd say there's truth there. Game is production-driven and that works for him because he has the kind of pull where he can cherry pick the very best producers in the music business for use on his albums. The point to be made here is not that he's incapable of making a great album on his own strengths or artistic merits. Just that I don't feel he has yet. It's the same with the Jadakiss "Top Five, Dead or Alive" argument. Jada's a fucking amazing rapper but would I call him one of the greatest hip-hop artists of all-time?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^
which album? if my memory serves me well he didnt released any album yet only mixtapes

didnt he release the album with "feelin myself" and " keys to the city" in all that.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »
Impact is impact. I don't feel that a decline in perceived quality over 20 years is the same as say, being overrated. I don't think the music that Michael Jackson made in the last 15 years of his life was on par with the stuff he did in the 15 years before that, that doesn't mean he overrated. It's just something to factor in when it comes to longevity.

With Game, I'd say he's "overrated" based not on the fact that I don't find him talented but I think he's a great rapper that is still undefined in terms of being an "artist". There's the popular critique that I think 50 first brought out in that Game can excel when the blueprint is already established for him but when he doesn't have that guidance, his concepts can ocassionaly come off as fairly deravitive. I'd say there's truth there. Game is production-driven and that works for him because he has the kind of pull where he can cherry pick the very best producers in the music business for use on his albums. The point to be made here is not that he's incapable of making a great album on his own strengths or artistic merits. Just that I don't feel he has yet. It's the same with the Jadakiss "Top Five, Dead or Alive" argument. Jada's a fucking amazing rapper but would I call him one of the greatest hip-hop artists of all-time?

Game isn't anywhere close to Jadakiss. Has anyone ever been impressed by a Game verse? I haven't. He gets by with production and delivery but his lyrics are mediocre at best.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^
which album? if my memory serves me well he didnt released any album yet only mixtapes

didnt he release the album with "feelin myself" and " keys to the city" in all that.

Keys 2 the City was on his last mixtape. The album never came out because he got dropped.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »

honest to god truth...

dr. dre n tupac...

i always said if pac stayed back east..he would be lost in the crowd...

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:08:34 PM by 3rd Coast »

Fraxxx

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^

Keys 2 the City was on his last mixtape. The album never came out because he got dropped.

And Keys 2 the City was banging. The Marathon mixtape itself was average but with everything he put out before that Nipsey definitely delivered. Can't see how he's overrated.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »
Kendrick Lamar

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
^ he's just starting to get the love he's worked hard for, that's called SUPPORT. Again, none of these artist are overrated.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
^ he's just starting to get the love he's worked hard for, that's called SUPPORT. Again, none of these artist are overrated.

Why are you getting so butt hurt over peoples choices?

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2011, 03:02:51 PM »
Nipsey and Crooked I