Author Topic: OutKast next album WILL be two solo albums in one  (Read 151 times)

West Coast Veteran

OutKast next album WILL be two solo albums in one
« on: January 16, 2003, 02:56:18 PM »
Back in 2000, in the wake of “Stankonia,” Big Boi and Dre both said that their next album would be a double with a solo disk for each of them. It looks like they are staying true to their word.

At the American Music Awards, where Outkast won their first award for favorite hip hop/r&b band, group or duo, Big Boi spoke about the upcoming album. “The new CD is just about done. Dre is putting the finishing touches on it right now at home. It's, like, it's gonna be one side Dre, one side me--we're appearing on each other's album like four or five times. He produced, like, four cuts on mine--I appear on three or four of his songs. It's like 60 minutes of music on both sides, two hours, everything quality--can't wait 'til it come out. Ninety days, we're gonna drop it: Speaker Box-slash-Love Hater."

Dre will be starring in a movie by the same name, “Love Hater.” The film is directed by the legendary Morgan Freeman. Also on the Outkast tip, Killer Mike just dropped his solo debut on Outkast’s Aquemini Records. Look for “Monster” in stores now.

SOURCE: HIPHOPDX

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:OutKast next album WILL be two solo albums in one
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 03:16:31 PM »
hopefully it'll be another classic ;D

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 04:40:33 PM »
thats definatly tight news.....i bet those albums will be HUGE success.....props to outkast!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 05:38:42 PM »
It's such a stupid idea.  Double CDs just don't work, but hopefully they can put it off.  They haven't screwed up yet, so if they can make a great album like this then they can do anything.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 08:54:53 PM »
I think it's an awesome idea, and the logical progression for them, since they done made so many albums.  It's good for them to show people what they can do on their own.  

This clears up alot of confusion, because I had heard that

"Outkast presents Big Boi's Speaker Box" was the name of Big Boi's Solo, but was wondering where Andre's was.  

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2003, 08:58:25 AM »
I think it's an awesome idea, and the logical progression for them, since they done made so many albums.  It's good for them to show people what they can do on their own.  

Yeah, I know alot of peeps can't work out who they feel is better than the other when it comes to Dre and Big Boi, this will help, although I feel their equally tight.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.