Author Topic: Don't sleep on Sticman (of Dead Prez) the Workout album  (Read 732 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Don't sleep on Sticman (of Dead Prez) the Workout album
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:08:39 AM »
It's not for everybody.  But I think if you are looking for something to put in your ipod to listen to in the gym, running, exercise, training, etc... Then this album is in a class all by iitself and once more Stic has created a groundbreaking and inspiring album like he did 10 years ago with Let's Get Free.  I already posted about this months ago and recieved no good replies.   I'm posting again so you know this album has a lot of replay value and it's not a fad, but this is classic work and it deserves recognition.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Don't sleep on Sticman (of Dead Prez) the Workout album
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:38:22 AM »
 ::)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:42:32 AM »
Flockaveli >>>>>>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 03:48:57 PM »
Up the best song.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »
Lol.. the beats and his flow is cool but ALL HE DOES IS RAP ABOUT GYM AND WORKING OUT?!! wtf?! lol I understand the name is called "Work out plan" but I didn't realize all he will rap is about his abs..

is this a TROLL album?!

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »
Bruce Lee song is sick  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:47:38 PM »
Lol.. the beats and his flow is cool but ALL HE DOES IS RAP ABOUT GYM AND WORKING OUT?!! wtf?! lol I understand the name is called "Work out plan" but I didn't realize all he will rap is about his abs..

is this a TROLL album?!

That ain't just rap when you can make otherwise mundane acts such as sitting on a yoga mat or jogging into life altering experiences of self-transformation and introspection.   This dude is broadly intelligent and powerful with his words.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 05:49:22 PM »

"Bruce Lee" is okay, but I would say it's one of the 2 worst songs on there.  I bought the digital album, and for my own copy I actually kept "Baby Fat" off, and replaced it with "Way of Life" from Dead Prez second album.    "Bruce Lee" is probably the worst song after "Baby Fat", in my opinion.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 04:26:00 AM »
the album is amazing but i wish i had it 4-5 yrs ago, i used to workout to the get free album, i think thats what its called. i used to play that shit on constant, i played it out though. this album is more-less a refreshing breath of air, their is prolly two songs i dont like but thats it. its not for everyone though, 90% of these cats just sit around doing nothing constructive at all. when they listen to "HIP-HOP" !
all they do is dissect the lyrics, beats, credits, record sells, etc....

props though. the album is sicc, ill prolly play today while i workout,, 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 11:50:55 AM »
So I did bench day today and listened to this album. It's pretty nice. I would say Waka Flame's album is more aggresive and pumped up while this one pumps you up through lyrics about multi vitamins and squats lol  8) A lot of clever lines about healthy lifestyle. Never heard anything like this.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »

"Bruce Lee" is okay, but I would say it's one of the 2 worst songs on there.  I bought the digital album, and for my own copy I actually kept "Baby Fat" off, and replaced it with "Way of Life" from Dead Prez second album.    "Bruce Lee" is probably the worst song after "Baby Fat", in my opinion.

I don't know man.. Bruce Lee is a pretty tight beat and the way he starts rapping 3rd verse. it's pretty sick.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
Here are 2 videos

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:16:37 PM by D1G1T4L »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 07:14:37 PM »
the album is amazing but i wish i had it 4-5 yrs ago, i used to workout to the get free album, i think thats what its called. i used to play that shit on constant, i played it out though. this album is more-less a refreshing breath of air, their is prolly two songs i dont like but thats it. its not for everyone though, 90% of these cats just sit around doing nothing constructive at all. when they listen to "HIP-HOP" !
all they do is dissect the lyrics, beats, credits, record sells, etc....

props though. the album is sicc, ill prolly play today while i workout,, 8)

Yeah, I played out the Let's Get Free album years ago.  I was thinking Dead Prez was finished because nothing they've done since that album has been up to par... except one track... "Way of LIife" off their second album... and now this album comes out and it is a full album of songs just like "Way of Life"!   

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »
this one pumps you up through lyrics about multi vitamins and squats lol  8) A lot of clever lines about healthy lifestyle. Never heard anything like this.

The psychology in the lyrics on this album are deep.  They are made to get into your head and build you up mentally, and oppose the negative thoughts of laziness, excuses, addiction and self-doubt that would otherwise keep us weak.  

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:24:28 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
Bruce Lee song is sick  8)

"Bruce Lee" is okay, but I would say it's one of the 2 worst songs on there.  I bought the digital album, and for my own copy I actually kept "Baby Fat" off, and replaced it with "Way of Life" from Dead Prez second album.    "Bruce Lee" is probably the worst song after "Baby Fat", in my opinion.

I don't know man.. Bruce Lee is a pretty tight beat and the way he starts rapping 3rd verse. it's pretty sick.

I will listen more closely to the 3rd verse.   I mean, the song is a good song, it's just not one of my favs on the album.  My favorite tracks are...

1.  Runners High
2.  Let It Burn
3.  Yoga Mat
4.  Champion
5.  Warrior

...the whole album is dope though.  There are no tracks that you have to skip.  I think he wanted it that way so that you could complete a whole workout while listening through this album; which is what I do.  Sometimes I go through it 2 or 3 times if I do an extended workout.  I felt like "Baby Fat" should of been left off, but he wanted to do something to help promote fitness amongst black women.   But I replaced that song with "Way of Life" on my copy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 07:26:07 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »