Author Topic: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)  (Read 11334 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59:17 AM »
Hip hop oriented review sites and magazines mainly called Kanye's last album an average to pretty solid album, with the occasional really good review.

Non hip-hop oriented review sites and magazines loved the fuck out of the album.

The consensus among Kanye fans was that it's not the best, but it's up there for his best work. 

If Watch the Throne gets even something close to the above responses, I'm going to be a happy listener. 

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 12:29:46 PM »
Wow a feature by Curtis Mayfield, Jay-Z has enough money to bring back the dead. ::)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 01:15:45 PM »
MBDTF was dope to me, and my fav Kanye album.

Infact the only one i can listen to without skipping any tracks.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »
Wow a feature by Curtis Mayfield, Jay-Z has enough money to bring back the dead. ::)

it's a sample. the song is already available. i wonder if it has been updated for the album?

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »
Wow. MBDTF was a SICK album. Hip-Hop musical masterpiece. The music itself is about as good as hip-hop can get
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 12:56:30 AM »
never heard kanyes last Cd. after he made that autotune album i kind of gave up on him. dows his last cd have autotune on it?????

and this album, i would be interested but if its full of auto tune then i dont wanna bother hearing it either

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:54 AM »
Geez seeing the word masterpiece to describe MBDTF is depressing. Then again this is coming from the same people who were genuinely impressed with Nicki Minaj's verse on Monster. The album was average at best. His first album (minus the skits) and Graduation are both better.

MBDTF was average.... It wasn't even Kanye's best album. Fuck what the critics say.

Exactly!

The credits look really similar to MBDTF so we'll see...

No Ross or J.Cole? Surprised about Ross. J.Cole...ehh Jay-Z is just trying to ruin his career like he does all his artist.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 02:23:43 AM »
never heard kanyes last Cd. after he made that autotune album i kind of gave up on him. dows his last cd have autotune on it?????

and this album, i would be interested but if its full of auto tune then i dont wanna bother hearing it either

Nah bro just some straight up raps.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 03:52:29 AM »
fuck it, i been my own critic since freshmen yr. high school. i never read a review that i didnt agree with but i also stopped reading reviews fucking years ago. You know when an album is great by the way people who didnt appreciate it try to convince you otherwise. 8)
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 08:45:57 AM »
The production on MBDTF is literally flawless. The music is on another level. If u can't see that, you're crazy. It's especially evident on tracks like Runaway, Devil in a New Dress, etc. The beat switches are out of this world

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
The production was good on like 5 tracks, and sounded average for the rest. I listened to this album over and over & I always came to the same conclusion. It was different, I'll give him that, but I prefer "Graduation" and "The College Dropout" over it easily.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »
It was his worst Hip Hop album. But when I say worst, I mean fucking great. Just the others were better.

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
I prefer The College Dropout yes, but it was better than Graduation and somewhere split (probably a tie) with Late Registration

Portugoal

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »
The production on MBDTF is literally flawless. The music is on another level. If u can't see that, you're crazy. It's especially evident on tracks like Runaway, Devil in a New Dress, etc. The beat switches are out of this world

Half of the album is great, the other half got old after a few spins. If Ye left off that other half and kept some more of those G.O.O.D. Friday songs for his album, MBDTF could have been his best album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
I prefer The College Dropout yes, but it was better than Graduation and somewhere split (probably a tie) with Late Registration

Yeah that's where I'd rate it as well