Author Topic: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)  (Read 11485 times)

midwestryder

Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »
I can slightly relate, while Jay is in my top5 along with Em and Snoop, Jay has always been force fed in to mainstream and radio, his forst two albums were straight duds and didnt go gold or platinum back then, they were appreciated way more when he dropped Vol.2 & 3 when people saw more of him, that was his frist album that sold and crossed over...but even before all that Jay had dropped "Reasonable.." after that mafioso rap phase had played out with the Firm, and critized for, and the same critics prasied him (mostly Dream Hampton who is from Brooklyn wrote for The Source and heralded "Ready To Die" better than Dre's "Chronic" album)  Jay and Big had big connections in the business mainly with critics the reason they always were getting high rating in the mag and ads when they didnt have record sales...Jay is dope but to say he is more real than Pac thats a stretch to me, he MAY have sold dope but shit to act like crack was popular in the mid 90's is on some bull shit, METH out sells any thing and every thing from the early 90's on and is still out selling shit on the streets and these fools keep rapping about crack like its fucking 88, its lame some times but to me its entertainment like "Scarface" or some shit...Pac wrote some shit that was true to his heart that and went places no one else did and seems no one else can really go, with out reaching outside their element...Jay is a dope fucking mainstream artist period, and is insightful in his own right but he has had major help along the way (The Source, Vibe, Def Jam have always put up big money from him, because of industry favors he did writing for Foxy Brown, puff etc)
see this is were we can tell if you white or black or hood or notor if you sold drugs or not  ! well you white & not hood & it shows you never sold drugs. i was 18 years old in 1996 & i can tell you crack was just as popular as it was in 80's . meth was popular but it was white mans drug & black people did not fuck with it till 2000. so you are ignorant lame here , who has no idea what he is talking about . also i from the meth capital missouri & balck were fucking with crack till 2000. so crack was popular still with hood & black people in mid 90's to late 90's. SO  you can take the ignorant METH out sells any thing and every thing from the early 90's on and is still out selling shit on the streets and these fools keep rapping about crack like its fucking 88 bullcrap down the road because it is all bullshit & not fact .  i sold both & i can tell you meth was white mans drug till 2000.

aint going to sit and here and argue about dope on any forum, but to say meth is a white man drug is some funny shit, what border you live by? a huge percentage of it comes from the one I live near by and a majority of all the drugsare shipped from here GLASS and Crystal aint no white thing that shit is someking the lives away of blacks and mexicans out here and has been for more than a decade, you can have that arguement with that balck/white shit, caliing people ignorant and lame, half that shit starts its way from mexCALi borders...you all just catch up later when its stepped on.. but you can have that rapping about crack like it can make you rich in raps is entertaining not real by any means because no one was has gotten rich off that alone in cali since the 80's and early 90's out here...still people are smoked out, but to seriously act like a nation of people are smoking crack like that, okay around your way but not out here homie, not by blacks or us mexicans...
i see you can't read ! i live near no borner.  i live in missouri aka the crank capital for over 30 years . cali ain't got shit on missouri . crank did not start with cali or any fucking mexicans . you don't even now history of it . crank was started & inventerd by a white man. crank was inventerd by the germans but you too stupid & stuck in cali to know what you are talking about . so i live where there are no mexicans at all . crank, glass & crystal are white man drug .  i have been around meth for over 25 &  i did not see a black man touch it till 2000. get it cali & every where copied from us . in midwest from 1980's to 2000 only white people made & did it . see your mexican & that means you don't shit & your full of it . a nation of people where smoking crack like that youngster . i have been on this earth longer then & seen more then you . i traveled to every state & i can tell you people where smoking crack like crazy up to mid 90's then all white people started doing crank but no black man was touching it till 2000. get it threw you head & i am older & smarter then you. see in missouri we make are own shit on back roads & been doing longer then any mexican or cali.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »

Elkoizm

« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2011, 10:37:57 PM »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »
The album's hot, production is crazy, I love Who Gonna Stop Me, that dubstep beat sounds big in good headphones or in the car. I fuck with it.

Two great artists. The video to Otis made me appreciate the song much more, looks like they were both having a lot of fun.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #289 on: August 12, 2011, 12:32:15 AM »
I prefer this album

you wildin

no.
r.kelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
kanye west
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

sav

« Reply #290 on: August 12, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #291 on: August 12, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »
LMAO at his tracklists for Rick Ross and Game next album ( he killed me with the * of Cool and Dre)

Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't

1. From C.O. to C.E.O. [Intro]
 2. Real Niggaz Don't Die(t) (feat. DJ Khaled)
 3. $75,000 Shades On (feat. D.A. from Chester French & French Montana)
 4. Dupont Registry Music
 5. Audemars Music
 6. Chandeliers On My Wrist (feat. Kanye West & Wale)
 7. Who's The Bawse? [Interlude] (feat. Tony Danza)
 8. Sports Bra Music
 9. Maybach Music 12 (feat. T-Pain, Birdman & Lil Wayne)
10. Bugatti Music (feat. Diddy)
11. 100" Flatscreen Music (feat. Meek Mill & Pill)
12. Grand Slam Breakfast Music
13. Weed Carriers (feat. Torch, Gunplay & Memphis Bleek)
14. A Thousand Keys In The Trunk [Interlude]
15. Yayo In My Bitch's Ass (feat. Pill)
16. Fuckboy Music (feat. Phil Collins)
17. McGriddles Music
18. C.O.C.A.I.N.E [Choosin Our Careers As Ignorant Niggas Errryday] (feat. Meek Mill & Asher Roth)

Game - The R.E.D. Album [No Typo]

1. Watch The Throne (feat. Chris Brown & Nelly)
  2. Heir To Aftermath  (feat. Dre* & Pitbull)
  3. Skateboard Killerz (feat. Lupe Fiasco,Tyler The Creator & Frank Ocean)
  4. Still D.R.E. Pt II (feat. Dre* & Snoop Dogg)
  5. Hydraulics & Hydroponics (feat. Lady Gaga)
  6. Coconuts & Lipstick (feat. Black Eyed Peas)
  7. Imperial Clientele (feat. Raekwon & Enrique Iglesias)
  8. Another Hit Single (feat. Pharrell & Justin Timberlake)
  9. R.E.D. [Really Envy Dre] (feat. Dre*)
10. Ciroc & Pantees [No Typo] (feat. will.i.am & Pharrell)
11. Blood Niggaz (feat. Drake & Marc Anthony)
12. Nas Approved [Interlude] (feat. Nas)
13. Cali Hovito (feat. Solange)
14. Be Original (feat. Fat Joe, Ja Rule & Big Sean)
15. The Autobiography of Christopher Shakur (feat. Sean Kingston)
16. Prayer [Outro] (feat. DMX & Ma$e)

Bonus Tracks:
17. 1,000 Bars Pt. 1 (feat. Pink)
18. 1,000 Bars Pt. 2 (feat. Trey Songz)
19. 1,000 Bars Pt. 3 (feat. Jamie Foxx)
20. Soo Woo 2011 (feat. Lil Wayne, Jim Jones, Drake & Fergie)

*Of Cool & Dre

bouli77

« Reply #292 on: August 12, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »
Here is the review of Ghostface Killah, very funny.  8)

http://rapsandhustles.com/2011/08/11/ghostface-killah-watch-the-throne-album-review/

that ain't the real ghost though... but really funny indeed. ;D

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #293 on: August 13, 2011, 04:01:44 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BekpL8ndmhk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BekpL8ndmhk</a>
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #294 on: August 13, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoEKWtgJQAU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BoEKWtgJQAU</a>

What are the symbols on the US flag in the background, instead of the stars?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #295 on: August 13, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoEKWtgJQAU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BoEKWtgJQAU</a>

What are the symbols on the US flag in the background, instead of the stars?

just stars.

Lunatic

« Reply #296 on: August 13, 2011, 10:22:22 AM »
LMAO at those tracklistings
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #297 on: August 13, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BekpL8ndmhk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BekpL8ndmhk</a>

LOL. When they asked Joell "Well then who wrote that?", he shoulda said Joe Budden. That woulda been classic.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2011, 11:04:29 AM »
 8) I like it, Laid back grown folk type of vibe.
(& I don't check much Hip-Hop anymore like I did before)

Sofar still has replay value (All that counts to me)
*Let's see IF I'm still listening in a month or so....

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #299 on: August 13, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »
Hook up?