Author Topic: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)  (Read 11135 times)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2011, 08:22:19 AM »
This album is weak alot of over-hypin goin on

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2011, 11:38:16 AM »
This album still gets better after every listen.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2011, 02:54:08 AM »

i see why people enjoy the production but the lyrics are fucking whack, jay and kanye both proved they can still rap on MBTF but then decided to drop whack 16 after 16 all over this album

i seriously dont see the difference between niggas in paris and any average rapper of today. weak ass bars that people love just cause its jay and kanye. im a fan of both  dudes but this is by far kanyes worst album and one of jays worst. for example if gucci and waka dropped the same lame ass song, same lyrics, same beat (except for that gimmicky as break at the end, even they wouldnt do that) folks would be hating super hard.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2011, 03:47:16 AM »
I think dissing the same group of guys is boring. & lets say a full on Rap war broke out between BrickSquad & Slaughterhouse. There is no benefit because who are they rapping against? Being as good as they are & dissing those artists is like bragging you fucked up a ten year old Asian girl.

As for the list, he just said he was better than him. & "anyone who disagrees can battle me". Nobody even attempted lol.

& let's not act like Jay-Z isn't regarded higher than Method Man. So to the eyes of the public, him (or Slaughterhouse) dissing Jay-Z again would be even worse. Then for people my age & younger, Kanye is one of the top people in the current game. They gained so many fans with Em, why try to lose them?

If they truly feel hip hop is dead and its because of certain artists then they should be going at those targets. They are simply too pussy to go at someone who is successful in the game, for fear of pissing off mainstream fans. That kills the whole idea of their whole movement of being the hottest spitters in the game who will slaughter anyone. That kills their whole fuck the mainstream for being wack movement. Wasn't that the point of calling themselves Slaughterhouse? If these guys were calling themselves "The niggas who can rap but are too pussy to slaughter anyone" then I wouldn't have an issue. Other rappers have proven themselves. Canibus went at LL Cool J. 50 went at Ja didn't he? Niggas need to change their name to Pussyhouse.

They built their whole reputation as these hot spitters who got screwed by labels and are now saying "fuck you" to mainstream hip hop. But they're just proving themselves to be whores to the industry like everyone else.

nas alone can kill those pussies with just 2 bars
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #320 on: August 19, 2011, 06:04:32 AM »
Watch The Throne Track-By-Track Breakdown

Def Jam VP of A&R Bu Thiam breaks down the tracks on Watch the Throne with MTV News

Watch the Throne Breakdown

"No Church in the Wild" featuring Frank Ocean (Produced by 88 Keys, Kanye West and Mike Dean)

"Collectively [working with Frank Ocean] was both of their ideas. It was like, 'Yo this guy is incredible.' They were a fan of him prior and it was like, 'Yo we should fly him to New York to come out here.' [Frank] went in and he just went to work. That kid is incredible, man. That particular record was one take. It just was like, [sings] 'What's a king to a God.' We were actually in the room like, 'Yo he f---ing nailed it.' "

"Lift Off" featuring Beyoncé (Produced by Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker and Mike Dean)

" 'Lift Off' was definitely one of the earlier records [recorded for the album]. [Putting the sound effects on the record] is a process because initially a record might just be a beat, a chorus and a hook and as [Kanye] hears things he adds and takes things out."

"N---as in Paris" (Produced by Hit-Boy, Kanye West and Mike Dean)

"Them guys, everything they rap about is what they actually go through. So when you hear that album it's real. When Jay says, 'I ball so hard motherf---ers wanna fine me,' they gave him a fine because he took a picture with the college players at the NCAA tournament. So he got a fine for that in real life. So when you hear it you think he's braggin', but no, it's really true."

"Otis" featuring Otis Redding (Produced by Kanye West)

"[Kanye] was late for his flight, we were in the studio working all day and he was late for his flight. As we were leaving he was like, 'Yo hold on for a second.' So he drops his bags and goes to the MPC [beat machine] and his assistant is rushing him and he's just f----ing with [the beat]. What's so crazy is the whole time he's doing that Jay is writing his verses in his head. But Jay is watching the [NBA] playoffs, I think it was the championship; Miami and Dallas. So Jay is watching the playoffs. I'm not even thinking Jay is paying attention to what 'Ye is doing and by the time he is finished it's like 'I invented swag ...' And I'm like, 'What the f--- just happened?' "

"Gotta Have It" (Produced by The Neptunes and Kanye West)

"It's like a beat battle. 'Ye might play something and then Pharrell might play something. They go back and forth man and then they come to a point where they come with one beat."

"New Day" (Produced by Kanye West, RZA and Mike Dean)

"The energy from that was just a situation when 'Ye and Jay were talking about — because both of the guys don't have kids yet. So, it was just a conversation that they were talking about just having kids and how they're gonna raise their kids because of the success that they're having now."

"That's My Bitch" (Produced by Kanye West, Q-Tip and Jeff Bhasker)

"The way Jay writes records you have to really go back and listen to 'em. The way he said 'bitch' and 'dog' and then 'get ya own' like how he used the Big Pun [flow]. So you have to really go back and listen to it three or four times to be able to say anything about a Jay-Z record. Really he's bigging up his wife through the whole verse, but if you're small minded, you won't catch that."

"Welcome to the Jungle" featuring Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)

"We were at the Mercer [Hotel in New York] and Pharrell came by, Swizz came by, Rihanna came by it was like a room full of superstars. Swizz came through with [shoe designer] Christian Louboutin — the guy! It was really that guy."

"Who Gon Stop Me" (Produced by Sak Pase of the Jugganauts and Kanye West)

"Verse Simmonds actually did the chorus for 'Who Gon Stop Me.' Initially if you hear the second half of that [finished] beat." The [entire] song was [originally just] the second half. The dub step factor came later on in the process. I gotta give [Kanye] all credit for that, when he came back from Paris he was like, 'Yo I added this piece to the beat.' "

"Murder to Excellence" (Produced by Swizz Beatz and S1)

"As much as people may think that Jay talks about money and cars, he's really not that guy. Of course he has it, but his whole mission is to build. He wants to have others join him, he's trying to build black excellence, like the black youth as the next [generation of] executives."

"Made in America" featuring Frank Ocean (Produced by Sak Pase of the Jugganauts)

"That's what Frank is about if you listen to his music you can tell that he's a very smart guy. We were in the studio, Jay wasn't there, 'Ye wasn't there, it was just me and Noah — one of the engineers. [Frank Ocean] was just thinking of different concepts, he was there for like eight hours, then probably like six in the morning he was like 'Sweet baby Jesus.' "

"Why I Love You" featuring Mr Hudson (Produced by Mike Dean and Kanye West)

"There is only so much you can do for a person. Like Jay said [in the song], 'I tried to teach n---as to be kings and all they wanted to be was soldiers.' Like that's a real line, that's how he felt. [Kanye and Jay] do get a lot of criticism in their careers and how they move and I think they just wanted to express it."

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #321 on: August 19, 2011, 11:40:34 PM »

i see why people enjoy the production but the lyrics are fucking whack, jay and kanye both proved they can still rap on MBTF but then decided to drop whack 16 after 16 all over this album

i seriously dont see the difference between niggas in paris and any average rapper of today. weak ass bars that people love just cause its jay and kanye. im a fan of both  dudes but this is by far kanyes worst album and one of jays worst. for example if gucci and waka dropped the same lame ass song, same lyrics, same beat (except for that gimmicky as break at the end, even they wouldnt do that) folks would be hating super hard.

Verse 1: Jay-Z]
So I ball so hard mothafuckas want to fine me, first niggas got to find me
What's 50 grand to a mothafucka like me, can you please remind me?
Ball so hard, this shit crazy, y'all don't know that don't shit phase me
The Nets could go 0 for 82 and I look at you like this shit gravy
Ball so hard this shit weird, we ain't even supposed to be here
Ball so hard since we here, it's only right that we'd be fair
Psycho, I'm liable to go Michael, take your pick
Jackson, Tyson, Jordan, Game 6
Ball so hard got a broke clock, Rollys that don't tick tock
Audemars that's losing time, hidden behind all these big rocks
Ball so hard I'm shocked too, I'm supposed to be locked up too
If you escape what I've escaped, you'd be in Paris getting fucked up too
Ball so hard let’s get faded, Le Meurice for like 6 days
Gold bottles, scold models, spillin’ Ace on my sick J’s
Ball so hard bitch behave, just might let you meet Ye
Chi town's D. Rose, I’m moving the Nets to BK

gucci doesn't even know where paris is

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #322 on: August 20, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »
LOL, same lyrics? I think you're also forgetting Gucci couldn't physically, genetically flow like that. Terrible comparision.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #323 on: August 20, 2011, 01:25:21 AM »
Bought it Monday, bumped it everyday  8)

kemizt

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #324 on: August 20, 2011, 02:53:48 AM »
jayz has fallen off so hard as a rapper that kanye is actually the better vocalist on this album, lol...

overall too many weirdo-beats, "experimental" (aka wack) synth autotune type of shit with little to none lyricism
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Portugoal

« Reply #325 on: August 20, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »
I finally gave this album a spin today. It totally caught me by surprise; shit's dope! :)

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #326 on: August 20, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
jayz has fallen off so hard as a rapper that kanye is actually the better vocalist on this album, lol...

overall too many weirdo-beats, "experimental" (aka wack) synth autotune type of shit with little to none lyricism

He hasn't fallen off hard he's always been killin shit and goes hard on this album. His delivery on all the tracks is dope and i think he outshines kanye. As for the beats, u trippin man its fukn 2011 and these beats are fukin sick they go hard if ur in a car with a proper system.

There's only a handful of rappers who when they put out an album it sounds like a real work of art, basically a "masterpiece" type of deal n 2 of them are on this album so fukn get high n enjoy that shit.

Blood$

« Reply #327 on: August 21, 2011, 11:58:14 AM »
01 No Church In The Wild f. Frank Ocean - 5/5
02 Lift Off f. Beyoncé - 4/5 3.5/5
03 Niggas In Paris - 4.5/5 4/5
04 Otis f. Otis Redding - 4/5
05 Gotta Have It - 4/5
06 New Day - 4.5/5 5/5
07 That’s My Bi**h - 3.5/5 4/5
08 Who Gon’ Stop Me - 3.5/5
09 Murder To Excellence - 4/5
10 Welcome To The Jungle - 3.5/5
11 Made In America f. Frank Ocean - 4.5/5
12 Why I Love You f. Mr Hudson - 4/5
13 Illest Motherfucker Alive - 4.5/5
14 H.A.M - 3.5/5
15 Primetime - 4/5
16 The Joy f. Curtis Mayfield - 4/5

just like R.E.D., some tracks grew on me more and some I didn't like as much after giving the album a couple more listens  8)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:14:20 PM by BloodMoney »

Lunatic

« Reply #328 on: August 21, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
New ratings for me as well

No Church in the Wild - 4.5/5
Lift Off - 3/5
Niggas In Paris - 4.5/5
Otis - 4/5
Gotta Have It - 4/5
New Day - 4.5/5
That's My Bitch - 4/5
Who Gon Stop Me - 4/5
Murder to Excellence - 4.5/5
Welcome to the Jungle - 3.5/5
Made In America - 4/5
Why I Love You - 4/5
Illest Motherfucker Alive - 4/5
H.A.M. - 3.5/5
Primetime - 3.5/5
The Joy - 4/5
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #329 on: August 21, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
Gave this another go today when i was out in the car and i'm still not impressed. Each time i've listened to it i've got even less interested it.
MBDTF and BP3 are better and i dont like them too much either.