Author Topic: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)  (Read 11426 times)

Leggy Hendrix

Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2011, 08:39:12 AM »
Not sure what i think of this album right now, gonna need a few more listens before i can really get into it

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
I dont get the hate for lift off besides kanye and jay lyrically being terrible on it...it could have been a classic if they actually rapped good on it because the beat and beyonce>>>>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
I dont get the hate for lift off besides kanye and jay lyrically being terrible on it...it could have been a classic if they actually rapped good on it because the beat and beyonce>>>>

Worst beat, hook & song on the album.

However, still album of the year.

PLANT

« Reply #363 on: September 02, 2011, 02:38:02 PM »
After 2-3 weeks of listening to this album and giving it chance after chance to grow on me, Ive come to realize this album sucks.  Asisde from "No Church in the Wild", "New Day" and "Murder to Excellence" I do not like this album at all.  Did not live up to the hype one bit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »
Not a single song besides "Lift Off" has lost anything for me.

h2k4

« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »
After a few weeks of listening, I feel like this is a solid effort.  Nothing great or mind blowing but also not terrible.  However, I never expected this album to be great so I guess it's a nice little surprise.  LOL @ this being album of the year.  Definitely overhyped.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2011, 09:04:15 AM »
Definitely overhyped.

Perhaps. But that's where a majority of the hate is coming from. People just don't wanna hear how well Jay & Kanye did.

For example, look at the RED album. People actually broke down the album. Beats were weaker than albums past. The second half of the album fell off. Game was really poor lyrically, etc, etc. But for this album? No serious breakdown. Just "lol @ album of the year...it's alright". Mostly due to the fact there isn't really anything to knock them for on this album.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2011, 09:53:07 AM »
Definitely overhyped.

Perhaps. But that's where a majority of the hate is coming from. People just don't wanna hear how well Jay & Kanye did.

For example, look at the RED album. People actually broke down the album. Beats were weaker than albums past. The second half of the album fell off. Game was really poor lyrically, etc, etc. But for this album? No serious breakdown. Just "lol @ album of the year...it's alright". Mostly due to the fact there isn't really anything to knock them for on this album.

there is no cohesive sound to the album, its simply a collection of songs. some of the lyrics on there are whack lets not lie about it. niggas in paris is dumb as hell, the beat is awful. the sweet baby jesus song was fucking awful. its a good album but lets not pretend is some amazing thing and kanye  & jay are doing so well. thats buying into the hype. the whole theme is that they are on top "look at how amazing we are". no-one really thinks "hmmm im gonna deny how well they did", i mean really, most of the people i know who are disappointed with this album are big fans of jay and kanye (like me) . its a a good album a best, and average for kanye.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
^There is nothing to be said about "No Church In The Wild", "Gotta Have It", "New Day", "Murder To Excellence", "That's My Bitch", "Why I Love You", "Primetime", "Illest Motherfuckers Alive", or "The Joy".

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2011, 12:09:51 AM »
Sounded great at first but got old really quick.

h2k4

« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2011, 12:19:58 AM »
Definitely overhyped.

Well,  I think the production is solid, for the most part.  Their lyrics are non-existent.  Like Screwface said, it's mostly bragging.  The album did not flow properly.  Aside from 1 or 2 songs, I find myself thinking that it all blends together.  These guys claim, and a lot of people believe it, that they are the best.  Well, if this album is supposed to solidify that, they failed.  I'm not saying that the album is terrible, because I think it's a solid effort, but I expected a lot more.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »
Finally got around to listeningto this. What an absolute DUD. They brought outthe worst in eachother . The production was a step back from kanyes last album. Jay had maybe two memorable verses the entire album and kanyes charm and wit was non existent. Maybe 2-4 good songs, the rest was straight mediocre AT BEST

Lunatic

« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »
"Who Gon Stop Me" is such a banger.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2011, 03:27:17 PM »
Finally got around to listeningto this. What an absolute DUD. They brought outthe worst in eachother . The production was a step back from kanyes last album. Jay had maybe two memorable verses the entire album and kanyes charm and wit was non existent. Maybe 2-4 good songs, the rest was straight mediocre AT BEST

Yeah the production I digged for the most part but lyrically this was average at best. Not much replay value for me either.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2011, 03:29:35 PM »
Still have songs from here in rotation. 8)