Author Topic: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)  (Read 11139 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Jay-Z & Kanye West-Watch The Throne (Album Discussion)
« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »

You brought up a classic Pac verse, off a classic Pac song, off a classic Pac album, when Pac was in his prime to go against a 42 year old, past prime, tight Jay verse.

lol@ Jay-Z's prime.  Jay never had a prime.  He was average when he came out and he's still average at best.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #241 on: August 10, 2011, 01:58:01 PM »
You think Daz & Snoop are better rappers than Jay-Z?

Daz 1992-1998 shits all over Jay Z's whole catalog

...and Jay doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Snoop.  Not then and not now.

Stop lmao, that's insane.

& how can you say "not now"? You're really going to sit there & say the last three Snoop CD's have been better than Jay's last three albums?

The only thing Snoop has on Jay is his one amazing classic he made 20 years ago. Jay has been far more consistent & far more lyrical throughout his career.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »

And I could also name a million songs that aren't "deep" or "emo" and shit all over Jay-Z's whole career...

-50 Cent "In The Club"
-Snoop-  "Gin and Juice"
-Masta Ace- "INC Ride"
-Biggie- "One More Chance", "Going Back To Cali", "Big Poppa"
-Xzibit- "X"
-Rakim- "Don't Sweat The Technique"
-Big Daddy Kane-  "Ain't No Half-Steppin"
-Dre- "The Next Episode"
-Daz- "In California"
-Soopafly- "Like It Or Not"

all good examples, and I could think of a thousand more.  

I like all of these songs, but wtf are you talking by saying SHIT ON HIS WHOLE CAREER.  NOT SR IF SRS

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #243 on: August 10, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »

& how can you say "not now"? You're really going to sit there & say the last three Snoop CD's have been better than Jay's last three albums?

Shit... Snoop's worst album is better than Jay's best album.  The Game Is To Be Sold album he did on No Limit back in 98' is far better than any of Jay-Z's albums.  

The only thing Snoop has on Jay is his one amazing classic he made 20 years ago. Jay has been far more consistent & far more lyrical throughout his career.

Jay has been consistently average to below-average throughout his whole career, if that's what you mean.   Snoop has had more highs than just Doggystyle, he had a second coming in 99-2001 with Top Dogg, Eastsidaz first album, and Tha Last Meal
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #244 on: August 10, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »
Oh okay, it's pretty clear you're just trolling now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »

Unfortunately he isn't. Pac had some problems with Jay & clearly Brian hasn't let them go.

Snoop has been ass for 5/6ths of his career. But he was always cool with Pac, hence him saying he had a better career than a guy with 11 platinum albums, who is one billion times better lyrically.

& I'm not trying to act like Jay is some amazing lyricist. Lil' B is more lyrical than Snoop.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:30 PM »

Unfortunately he isn't. Pac had some problems with Jay & clearly Brian hasn't let them go.

Pac had problems with Nas.  And yet Nas is my favorite rapper after 2pac. 

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »

Pac had problems with Nas.  And yet Nas is my favorite rapper after 2pac. 

I agree that Jay-Z has gone into a nose dive, and needs to hang it up, but on the strength of his first 3 and 1/2 albums plus blueprint 1 hes a top ten no doubt.....comparing Daz to him?  Come on now, even the biggest death row junkies on here wouldnt make that statement.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
I only posted the Em and Pac verses to show the contrast between the supposedly "deep" Jay-Z verse that was posted on the previous page.  Because Jay-Z does attempt to make more meaningful songs from time to time, but it still comes out wack like all his other trash.

what contrast? It's a verse about his future son, and its a great song.

Answer this question. Have you even listened to one Jay-Z album? How can you say something shits on his career when you obviously haven't followed his career? You're having arguments in the thread of an album that you haven't even listened to. You can't argue about music or verses you haven't listened to.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:09:09 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
Oh shit, Jay-Z and Damian Marley just announced an album together coming out in early 2012!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »
I think Brian is mad because Jay is already a better father to his future son than Brian is to his current son.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #251 on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:21 PM »

what contrast? It's a verse about his future son, and its a great song.

Answer this question. Have you even listened to one Jay-Z album? How can you say something shits on his career when you obviously haven't followed his career? You're having arguments in the thread of an album that you haven't even listened to. You can't argue about music or verses you haven't listened to.

I've seen Jay-Z from the beginning of his career.  I remember the Source magazine ads that were already portraying him like he was a high class legend before he even proved himself.  Then I used to have this tape I would listen to before school back in Sept. 1996.  It had what they called the "Top 8 at 8" meaning the top 8 songs played at 8:00PM.  Genuine "My Pony", Aliyah "If Your Girl Only Knew", and Do or Die "Po Pimpin" were all on there and I was really feeling those songs at the moment.  Then right in the middle of this set was, "Can't Knock The Hustle".

That was the only song I used to always have to fast forward over.  I'd listen to "My Pony", and "If Your Girl Only Knew" then I'd fast forward over Jay-Z's "Can't Knock The Hustle" to get to Do or Die "Po Pimp".

This is before Pac was on record dissin Jay-Z, and I had no reason to hate Jay-Z for anything.  He was just another rapper.  I simply fast forwarded the song off instinct because the artist I was hearing wasn't dope!  I remembered Mary J.'s hook being very moving, because every once in a while I would be to lazy to run and fast forward and I'd let the song play in the background.  But Jay-Z was never impressive.  And that was in his so-called "prime".

Now years later that's the only Jay-Z song I will listen to.  It's the only Jay-Z song I like, purely for nostalgic purposes it reminds me of summer 1996 which was the most memorable time of my life.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:52:49 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #252 on: August 10, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »
Oh shit, Jay-Z and Damian Marley just announced an album together coming out in early 2012!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  ROFL....with a feature from Lucky Dube?

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #253 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:21 PM »
Maybe Jay-Z ain't that type of fucking dude that wants to talk about his personal life.  Maybe he's never had big as problems as Eminem had with Kim.  I just don't see how Jay-Z will get a pass for talking about his struggles, when he's one of the richest hip hop artists out there.  That shit is not gonna cut it and it will be lame. 

And if this quadruple meaning few lines Jay-Z had on Otis is shit, then I don't know what to tell ya

"Arm out the window through the city I maneuver slow
Cock back, snap back
See my cut through the holes"

1.  You can see his haircut on the back of his head because he's wearing a snap back
2.  Moving his car slowly but finding the holes to pass other cars in his Maybach
3.  Arm out the window with a gun, as in a driveby, cockback
4.  talking about a running back, after the QB snaps it back to him. A RB looks for holes and makes cuts. 

And this is Jay-Z way past his prime already. 

thats reachin!

Invincible

« Reply #254 on: August 10, 2011, 03:52:02 PM »
My god you do chat some shit Infinite. It sounds like you are basing your opinion of Jay-Z on one song which isn't even anywhere near the best song on Reasonable Doubt. I bet you haven't even check the album out.