Author Topic: Jay Rock- Follow Me Home discussion thread!  (Read 2763 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Jay Rock- Follow Me Home discussion thread!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 12:00:59 PM »
very good album from start to finish only track i dont feel is that Hippy shit
everything else is dope gonna cop it next week, glad didnt spent money on Kendrick solo  :D

i like jay rock but dude lacks style out of the whole black hippy group, his flow is so bland, i dont know how hes trying to blow up like that.

i like rock better in more uptempo songs it makes it mroe exciting and his flows seem to have more energy.

tracks like "just like me" and "lifes a gamble" are dope, dope production, good verses, but its extremely boring to listen to. so bland.

id say say wassup is the best track on the album, i dont count all my life i cant believe he put that int he album, but i guess u cant let all the money for that weezy track go to waste

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Jcnn13

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 02:59:19 PM »
did anybody ever find out why the title track "Follow Me Home" featuring The Game got pulled from the album?

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »
did anybody ever find out why the title track "Follow Me Home" featuring The Game got pulled from the album?

either him and Game still have problems or sample clearance issues

Matty

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 05:47:57 PM »
acually more enjoyble than i thought seeing as i'm not a fan of jay rock's gruff vocals. but the sound quality and music was real nice for the most part, need some detailed credits to see which bits quik mixed 8)

MistaNova

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »
That track with Chris Brown was dope (though I think I've heard the beat before), definitely copping (if I see it in stores that is)...

Kinda disappointed that Nipsey ain't on this though.

The_Offence

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 10:21:55 PM »
its a solid album. its west coast but not too west where other niggaz like myself can't relate.. all the tracks i didn't think would be dope like the Chris brown track turned out to be hot.. the production is bangin. every beat on this shit had me bobbing my head. this album is not for hip hop heads, this is some gutta hood shit, that bout that beat sounds like its straight off that g unit album....  this album is getting a lot of good reviews on other forums like allhiphop and niggaz on there never like west coast rap... they gave it the classic stamp but nobody feeling ab soul lol http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?232883-Jay-Rock-Follow-Me-Home-Is-A-West-Coast-Classic!!!/page2

i'll be copping this shit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:41:16 PM by The_Offence »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 01:24:08 AM »
Good to see it's getting good reviews, album is dope, interested in checking out the production credits also

2euce 7even

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 02:24:37 AM »

Tha Crip

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 02:27:13 AM »
Cant wait to see who produced what, some BANGIN ASS BEATS on this album, i wish Kendrick Lamar got beats like this for that album he put out. By the way horrible decision to put that shitty version of the song with weezy on it, hate that version the first was EXCELLENT lol.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:31:00 AM by Tha Crip »
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 02:57:44 AM »
That track with Chris Brown was dope (though I think I've heard the beat before), definitely copping (if I see it in stores that is)...

Kinda disappointed that Nipsey ain't on this though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/jz7m4d4Lw08" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/jz7m4d4Lw08</a>

song would of been much doper if i hadnt heard this song before.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

MistaNova

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 06:30:40 AM »
^Props, I knew I heard it somewhere. I know what you mean (though I wish Pill's hook would've been on FMH than Chris Brown's lol).

The_Offence

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 08:01:42 AM »
Good to see it's getting good reviews, album is dope, interested in checking out the production credits also
its getting good reviews on every site i've seen.  most people are saying he actually surprised them because they expected to album to be shit. he's on MTV2 SUCKER FREE Countdown today July 24 @ 11AM EST and repeats again @ 11PM EST!

more reviews
http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/jay-rock-follow-me-home-discussion-thread-1582616/index2.html

http://boards.ign.com/hip_hop/b5113/204062497/r204079277/

the folks over at Makaveli Board reviewed every track  and gave it  9.5/10

Jay Rock - Follow Me Home

Tracklist/ Review

1. Jay Rock - Intro (01:03)
Just a classic intro, fits the album perfect but I dont rate intros/ interludes unless they songs

2. Jay Rock - Code Red (02:45) - 10/10
First song of the album and its a banger. Has that classic Dr Dre/ Westside beat to it. If you like chronic 2001 and want something similar to that then you will love this song. Jay Rock killed the track also, overall a dope song & beat. Definitly brings that west **** back!

3. Jay Rock - Bout That (03:57) - 9/10
This beat got dope feelin to it, definitely top notch production again and brings the atmosphere & feeling of the song out. Jay rocked this track and made it another banger. Dope chorus on this 2!

4. Jay Rock - No Joke (Feat. AB-Soul) (04:20) - 10/10
Loved this song the first time I heard it on his mixtape and saw the music video. This song was one of the songs that really got me into this dude. Jay killed it, everything thing bout this song is dope. Love the bass line on the beat to!

5. Jay Rock - Hood Gone Love It (Feat. Kendrick Lemar) (04:05) - 9/10
Another dope beat, more sick ryhmes from Jay Rock. Man this album shapin out to be a classic! Jay got his homie Kendrick Lemar on this and he also murdered the track. These 2 do some of the dopest tracks together!

6. Jay Rock - Westside (Feat. Chris Brown) (03:3 - 8/10
Dope beat again, this song got that kinda R&B feel to it especially on the chorus probably be a radio song for the album. Chris Brown did his thing on the chorus and it sounds dope. Jay Rock did his thing to, dope song.

7. Jay Rock - Elbows (04:14) - 9/10
This beat is another classic dope song, that Dr Dre west coast chronic 2001 sounding beat. Scott storch style! Love the piano & horns on this one. Jay murdered the track as well making it an overal dope song!

8. Jay Rock - Boomerang (03:25) - 8/10
This song got a dif feeling to the beat, hard to explain it but yall will have to check it out.

9. Jay Rock - All I Know Is (03:41) - 10/10
What can I say? Another dope beat! Sick piano on this, another West Coast banger right here! Jay Rock on point on this with his flow and lyrics couldnt have done it any better!

10. Jay Rock - Im Thuggin (04:33) - 10/10
Wow, this beat! This album really blowing my mind! Its so dope. If you reading this stop now and go get this **** NOW!!

11. Jay Rock - Kill Or Be Killed (Feat. Tech N9ne And Krizz Kaliko) (04:10) - 9/10
Dope concept for this song and beat. Jay Rock did his thing on this but Tech N9ne completely destroys and murders this one and outshines on this one! Overall dope track!

12. Jay Rock - Just Like Me (Feat. J. Black) (03:42) - 10/10
Dope sick dark beat on this one, real dope & deep track. Real talk on this one and really feelin this track. Jay Rock definitely guna have a long and successful career! J Black on the chorus and adds to the feelin of the track. Peep the vid

13. Jay Rock - Say Wassup (Feat. AB-Soul, Kendrick Lemar And Schoolboy Q) (04:23) - 9/10
This one got that classic deep voice DJ Screw soundin chorus. Dope beat & everyone killed it.

14. Jay Rock - They Be On It (05:06) - 7/10
This song is aight and necesary for the album to give the album a different vibe.

15. Jay Rock - M.O.N.E.Y. (Feat. J. Black) (04:42) - 9/10
J Black is making his 2nd appearance on the album after the first dope song he was on which was 'Just Like Me'. J Black does his thing and brings another dope chorus. Jay Rock killin it as he has been throughout the entire album.

16. Jay Rock - Finest Hour (Feat. Rick Ross And BJ The Chicago Kid) (04:01) - 10/10
This beat has that classic Rick Ross maybach music sound to it. Duno if Ross had anything to do with that. Rick Ross does his thing and if you like Rick Ross albums you will LOVE this song. Jay Rock & Ross killed it! They gota do more **** together.

17. Jay Rock - Lifes A Gamble (03:27) 10/10
Nice mellow song, sick lyrics & dope feeling to the song. Another banger!

18. Jay Rock - All My Life (Feat. Lil Wayne And Will.I.Am) (03:46) - 10/10
Dope beat, fits the album well and ends it on a positive note. This song just makes you wana restart the album from the beginning!! Its a classic! Wayne did his thing, Jay killed it! Dope song
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

OVERALL = 9.5/10

This album is a classic, you can listen to the whole album from track 1 to the last track! If you like west coast rap, chronic 2001, the game, hiphop! You will love this so grab it now! This album is even worth the purchase thats how dope it is.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 07:08:54 PM by The_Offence »

PLANT

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »
this album is real nice, and has a great overall sound to the whole album.

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
Dope Album. 8) I will be buying it fo sho.

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

bigpimpin20

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 12:57:18 PM »
nice album. which songs didnt made it to the final version beside Lift Me Up?