Author Topic: •Dominick Cruz will defend his UFC Bantamweight Title against Demetrious Johnson  (Read 190 times)

rayallen0

Dominick Cruz will defend his UFC Bantamweight Title against Demetrious Johnson on the UFC’s sixth Versus event.  This is a great free fight and I’m looking forward to this, though I wonder if Brian Bowles should have been the opponent.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/6792676/dominick-cruz-defend-bantamweight-title-demetrious-johnson

Triple OG Rapsodie

lol makes sense since Cruz has beaten every other legitimate contender in the division. I don't see him losing this fight tho.

rayallen0

lol makes sense since Cruz has beaten every other legitimate contender in the division. I don't see him losing this fight tho.
meh i would say Brad Pickett is the best competition that he hasnt beaten.

Triple OG Rapsodie

meh i would say Brad Pickett is the best competition that he hasnt beaten.

Isn't a contender in my eyes. Not on a win streak and needs to beat one of the top fighters before he gets a shot.

rayallen0

Pickett lost to Jorgensen not much shame in that. has won 10 of his last 11 bouts. not to mention he beat Johnson last april.
well anyways him vs Barão should be a good fight both are great fighters but Pickett is on another level IMO. Barao is top 25 but Pickett is top 10.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Pickett lost to Jorgensen not much shame in that. has won 10 of his last 11 bouts. not to mention he beat Johnson last april.
well anyways him vs Barão should be a good fight both are great fighters but Pickett is on another level IMO. Barao is top 25 but Pickett is top 10.

He lost the fight before his previous and his only win against an important name is Johnson, who wasn't even relevant at the time. Pickett needs to at least beat a current contender before he's worthy enough to get a shot. Whoever wins the Barao fight should then fight Jorgensen or Benavidez and the winner of that should get a title fight.