Author Topic: Xzibit named his new album "Restless 2".  (Read 1892 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Xzibit named his new album "Restless 2".
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »
^better get some Dre if it's called "Restless 2"....Dre exec produced "Restless"

Oh, a history lesson. Thanks, professor.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
^better get some Dre if it's called "Restless 2"....Dre exec produced "Restless"

Oh, a history lesson. Thanks, professor.

hop off, faggot. hop off.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 01:21:58 AM »
that would be dope to get a new album from X, his last couple werent so great tho, he gotta bring it this time

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 01:23:09 AM »
After I saw this I started to think. Does it earn it's name? I mean, everybody here got to agree that "Restless" was straight West Coast classic, but after that he really fell of. So now he took more time to make another one (Restless 2), better production, guest appearances and shit like that. What do ya'll think, will it be another classic or it's just waist of time? From what I've heard, he's been working with Dre, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Jelly Roll (-.-') DJ Khalil and 21TheProducer. After that "Phenom" single I tought he's hungry, and to be honest after I heard "HFOU" with Trick Trick I was like whoa, that's some "40 Dayz, 40 Nightz" shit. I really can't wait to see what he's cookin'.
well the songs he did with young de recently suck, so im not expecting much

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.soundcloud.com/ludwigschuler
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 04:11:16 AM »
"Dre, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Jelly Roll (-.-') DJ Khalil"

That cant go wrong if its true, source ?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 04:42:48 AM »
for those who were around at the time, "Restless" was actually considered a disappointment when it first dropped...i personally thought it was the shit, but i remember most peeps around here were expecting another "2001" and thought "Restless" was too watered down. I bet those same peeps appreciate the shit out of it by now.

come on dawg, everyone was appreciating it.  I mean, your always gonna have haters no matter what, there were probably cats that even hated on Dre when the Chronic came out, or on Snoop when Doggystyle came out.

But aside from those negetive fucks that always find a reason to hate; I think everyone was pleased with Restless then and now.  And Xzibit had the sales to back it up.

Yeah some people wanted to act like diehards and win fan of the year awards so they said they liked at the speed of light better or 40 days and 40 nights better... but the overwhelming reception was that X had finally reached superstar status and became a true west coast heavywieght double platinum artist.

I'm excited about the new album and I hope he comes thru because X is in my top 5 all time, along with Pac, Nas, Em and Snoop.

"Thank You" was a spectacular track that brought tears to my eyes, it was like a modern day Papparazi and proved X still has something left in "the basement" to take a quote from Rocky Balboa.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 06:36:26 AM »
I'm exited about this one, hope it turns out as good as Restless

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 07:14:40 AM »
for those who were around at the time, "Restless" was actually considered a disappointment when it first dropped...i personally thought it was the shit, but i remember most peeps around here were expecting another "2001" and thought "Restless" was too watered down. I bet those same peeps appreciate the shit out of it by now.

come on dawg, everyone was appreciating it.  I mean, your always gonna have haters no matter what, there were probably cats that even hated on Dre when the Chronic came out, or on Snoop when Doggystyle came out.

But aside from those negetive fucks that always find a reason to hate; I think everyone was pleased with Restless then and now.  And Xzibit had the sales to back it up.

Yeah some people wanted to act like diehards and win fan of the year awards so they said they liked at the speed of light better or 40 days and 40 nights better... but the overwhelming reception was that X had finally reached superstar status and became a true west coast heavywieght double platinum artist.

I'm excited about the new album and I hope he comes thru because X is in my top 5 all time, along with Pac, Nas, Em and Snoop.

"Thank You" was a spectacular track that brought tears to my eyes, it was like a modern day Papparazi and proved X still has something left in "the basement" to take a quote from Rocky Balboa.

Me and Jaydc always say this and it's the truth.

There are 2 types of Xzibit fans, those before Restless and after Restless dropped. X's first 2 albums 1 is IMO a classic (40 Dayz) and his debut borderline, so for me I never really felt X "needed" Dr. Dre it was more of a added bonus and it would get him heard on a bigger stage. Restless to me is X's All Eyez On Me album. Dope production and guests, lyrics, etc. I always give a slight edge to X on 40 Dayz over Restless from a lyrical standpint, beats Restless. But people that were up on Xzibit before Restless knew this guy had it when he was with Tha Alkaholiks.

BTW that is the one name I hope to see on Restless 2, E-Swift doing beats and Tha Liks guest appearing. People sleep on the Likwit Crew and the impact they had on X's career.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 07:21:20 AM »

come on dawg, everyone was appreciating it.  I mean, your always gonna have haters no matter what, there were probably cats that even hated on Dre when the Chronic came out, or on Snoop when Doggystyle came out.

But aside from those negetive fucks that always find a reason to hate; I think everyone was pleased with Restless then and now.  And Xzibit had the sales to back it up.

There are 2 types of Xzibit fans, those before Restless and after Restless dropped. X's first 2 albums 1 is IMO a classic (40 Dayz) and his debut borderline, so for me I never really felt X "needed" Dr. Dre it was more of a added bonus and it would get him heard on a bigger stage. Restless to me is X's All Eyez On Me album. Dope production and guests, lyrics, etc. I always give a slight edge to X on 40 Dayz over Restless from a lyrical standpint, beats Restless. But people that were up on Xzibit before Restless knew this guy had it when he was with Tha Alkaholiks.

BTW that is the one name I hope to see on Restless 2, E-Swift doing beats and Tha Liks guest appearing. People sleep on the Likwit Crew and the impact they had on X's career.

I have to admit I became an X fan after hearing Bitch Please and then hearing him on 2001 and Restless. I slept on his first 2 but went back and listened to them and was impressed at his lyricism. Production wise Restless is his best album but ironically my favorite beat from it "Get Your Walk On" was not a Dre track.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 07:22:16 AM »

come on dawg, everyone was appreciating it.  I mean, your always gonna have haters no matter what, there were probably cats that even hated on Dre when the Chronic came out, or on Snoop when Doggystyle came out.

But aside from those negetive fucks that always find a reason to hate; I think everyone was pleased with Restless then and now.  And Xzibit had the sales to back it up.

quoted for truth, great post homie +1
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 07:29:07 AM »

I have to admit I became an X fan after hearing Bitch Please and then hearing him on 2001 and Restless. I slept on his first 2 but went back and listened to them and was impressed at his lyricism. Production wise Restless is his best album but ironically my favorite beat from it "Get Your Walk On" was not a Dre track.

All good whenever anyone started to listen to X. I just think his first 2 albums get lost in the shuffle when people start talking about best Xzibit albums.

And I am more inclined to go with minus a couple duds on his albums after Restless, Xzibit has a pretty solid catalog of music.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 07:35:10 AM »

All good whenever anyone started to listen to X. I just think his first 2 albums get lost in the shuffle when people start talking about best Xzibit albums.

And I am more inclined to go with minus a couple duds on his albums after Restless, Xzibit has a pretty solid catalog of music.

true, I think when he was doing Pimp my Ride his music suffered a little bit, maybe from lack of focus, hopefully he is back on track now

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »

true, I think when he was doing Pimp my Ride his music suffered a little bit, maybe from lack of focus, hopefully he is back on track now

See for me I never seen that as a hinderance. Same with Ice Cube. I'm sure it was probably difficult for him to try and go from having musical direction from a Dr Dre to basically putting together a entire album on his own. And to be honest, really other than Full Circle, X had that from somebody. Whether it be E-Swift, Sir Jinx, Dre or more recently Jelly Roll. Those are 4 or 5 vastly different producers that all bring something different to the table.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »

See for me I never seen that as a hinderance. Same with Ice Cube. I'm sure it was probably difficult for him to try and go from having musical direction from a Dr Dre to basically putting together a entire album on his own. And to be honest, really other than Full Circle, X had that from somebody. Whether it be E-Swift, Sir Jinx, Dre or more recently Jelly Roll. Those are 4 or 5 vastly different producers that all bring something different to the table.

good point,+1

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 08:15:20 AM »
been waiting for X to get back to what he does best

Restless was a massive album for me, got a lot of play