Author Topic: Xzibit named his new album "Restless 2".  (Read 1929 times)

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
Re: Xzibit named his new album "Restless 2".
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 08:23:01 AM »
Wow, I didn't knew there's still so much love for tha X man. Well, I'm a fan since "Paparazzi" came out, and I gotta tell, X really was hard back then. Like someone here said, he didn't need Dre, but Dre just helped him in some point of view. Someone will say he sold his ass up on that album, but man had talent, had potencial, that's why Dre wanted to work with him and to help him. X is still beast, but people don't reconize that, I saw bunch of times when someone make a thread about him there's 2-3 replys and that's all. Like ya'll only like Game because he's throwin' W with his hand. Just try to remember 2000-2003, X had it. X was like Dre and Snoop back then. That was his biggest time there. Even 50 told his name on that "In Da Club" song, but thats not why I write this. About Dre production? Yea, his official DJ told me that, and when I asked about Snoop on that album, he said they'll talk with him, but they already made one song for the album. MC Eiht is on there, Kurupt, Snoop, Butch Cassidy, T.I. made a verse for one song before he went to prison, Game, Slim The Mobsta, Jay Rock. So we'll see. First single of it is "Napalm" produced by 1500 or Nothing, they've made video for it, and with album comes a DVD Documentary called "Comin' home". So I really lookin' forward to it.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »
Wow, I didn't knew there's still so much love for tha X man. Well, I'm a fan since "Paparazzi" came out, and I gotta tell, X really was hard back then. Like someone here said, he didn't need Dre, but Dre just helped him in some point of view. Someone will say he sold his ass up on that album, but man had talent, had potencial, that's why Dre wanted to work with him and to help him. X is still beast, but people don't reconize that, I saw bunch of times when someone make a thread about him there's 2-3 replys and that's all. Like ya'll only like Game because he's throwin' W with his hand. Just try to remember 2000-2003, X had it. X was like Dre and Snoop back then. That was his biggest time there. Even 50 told his name on that "In Da Club" song, but thats not why I write this. About Dre production? Yea, his official DJ told me that, and when I asked about Snoop on that album, he said they'll talk with him, but they already made one song for the album. MC Eiht is on there, Kurupt, Snoop, Butch Cassidy, T.I. made a verse for one song before he went to prison, Game, Slim The Mobsta, Jay Rock. So we'll see. First single of it is "Napalm" produced by 1500 or Nothing, they've made video for it, and with album comes a DVD Documentary called "Comin' home". So I really lookin' forward to it.

Thanks for the info

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 09:17:42 AM »
I think Restless is precisely when Xzibit's career started to go in the wrong direction.  He was awesome on Bitch Please, and Dre knew it, so wanted to do a whole album with him.  But Dre's approach to music just didn't fit Xzibit's style.  Dre is into very structured, clean, almost danceable music, whereas Xzibit was more raw, aggressive, and unpredictable.  The attempt to add structure and, in effect, streamline Xzibit's style for mainstream consumption (which is what Restless was -- an attempt to garner Xzibit a wider audience through a style more palatable to the masses) undid what made Xzibit so unique and captivating on his first two albums.  In that way, Xzibit was never the same after Restless.  All in all, I'm of two minds on Restless -- it's fine as a big budget Westcoast album from that time period, but purely as an Xzibit album, it's not too good.  And if he's trying to go back to that with Restless 2, I think he's misguided.  He needs to go back to what he was like prior to Restless.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

doggfather

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
There are 2 types of Xzibit fans, those before Restless and after Restless dropped. X's first 2 albums 1 is IMO a classic (40 Dayz) and his debut borderline, so for me I never really felt X "needed" Dr. Dre it was more of a added bonus and it would get him heard on a bigger stage. Restless to me is X's All Eyez On Me album. Dope production and guests, lyrics, etc. I always give a slight edge to X on 40 Dayz over Restless from a lyrical standpint, beats Restless. But people that were up on Xzibit before Restless knew this guy had it when he was with Tha Alkaholiks.

BTW that is the one name I hope to see on Restless 2, E-Swift doing beats and Tha Liks guest appearing. People sleep on the Likwit Crew and the impact they had on X's career.

+1

and i'm before restless.  ;)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »
I think Restless is precisely when Xzibit's career started to go in the wrong direction.  He was awesome on Bitch Please, and Dre knew it, so wanted to do a whole album with him.  But Dre's approach to music just didn't fit Xzibit's style.  Dre is into very structured, clean, almost danceable music, whereas Xzibit was more raw, aggressive, and unpredictable.  The attempt to add structure and, in effect, streamline Xzibit's style for mainstream consumption (which is what Restless was -- an attempt to garner Xzibit a wider audience through a style more palatable to the masses) undid what made Xzibit so unique and captivating on his first two albums.  In that way, Xzibit was never the same after Restless.  All in all, I'm of two minds on Restless -- it's fine as a big budget Westcoast album from that time period, but purely as an Xzibit album, it's not too good.  And if he's trying to go back to that with Restless 2, I think he's misguided.  He needs to go back to what he was like prior to Restless.

I agree 100%. Unless Dre is involved, it's gonna be impossible to be a truly Restless Pt 2. So really all he can do is emulate the production, guests, vibe, etc. Either way I will check it out because he is one of my all time favorites.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 10:15:15 AM »
Restless is a higher quality album than Xzibit's first two.  From production, to guest appearances, it's a fully realized album from top to bottom.   You don't have to down Xzibit's Restless LP just to big up his first two albums.   I love Xzibit's first two albums, they are two of my favorites of all time to me and also hold a lot of sentimental value, but I am rational enough to admit the obvious that Restless LP was his best album.  

For me, I do have to admit that At The Speed of Life did fall under the radar for me when it first came out.  All I remember was reading about it in the Source, and about Xzibit being an upcoming artist.  I thought it looked dope but I was only 14, and since they weren't playing it on the radio and there was no video, and there was no Death Row affiliates on the album.. it was likely to fall under my radar.

Then when 40 Days and 40 Nights came out some of you might remember the video for "What U See Is What U Get" was #1 on BET Rap City for nearly the entire summer of 1998.  Shows how much BET fell the fuck off after they sold their company to Jews at Viacom (same company that owns BET) the next year.   But I was feeling the video, and I noticed King Tee in the video since by that time King Tee was down with Dre and Aftermath, and I was starting to feel like Xzibit might be a big artist.  But still, the album fell just barely below the radar for me.

Then, finally, right around the time No LImit Top Dogg came out in early 99, I saw Xzibit on BET's late night news show announcing that his next album was going to be executive produced by Dr. Dre.  It was hard to believe because I knew he was signed to Loud Records and that he wasn't on Aftermath.  But just hearing this news, made me rush out and buy 40 Days 40 Nightz.  I was especially interested in track 13 "Welcome To LA" since it was produced by Mel Man and it really had that Aftermath Sound to it.  That track was really a preview for me of what a Dre executive produced album might sound like.  The rest of the album sounded a little too raw for me, but I still liked it marginally.

Then by the summer of 2000 after hearing X on Dre's album I was an all out Xzibit fan.  By that time I was heavily anticipating his album, and so I was bumping 40 Days and 40 Nights nearly every day.  "Focus" was one of my favorite joints and with "3 Card Molly" I was getting into Ras Kas and other Xzibit family/affiliates.  Then I finally bought At The Speed of Light and I was really blown away by how deep that album was.  Xzibit really put his heart into that album and being 18 years old just moving out on my own for the first time I really connected with that album, because it was the snapshot of a young artist just breaking out on his own and trying to find success on his own terms in a dangerous world full of possibilities.    
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fraxxx

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 10:28:06 AM »
Restless is a higher quality album than Xzibit's first two.  From production, to guest appearances, it's a fully realized album from top to bottom.   You don't have to down Xzibit's Restless LP just to big up his first two albums.   I love Xzibit's first two albums, they are two of my favorites of all time to me and also hold a lot of sentimental value, but I am rational enough to admit the obvious that Restless LP was his best album.  

For me, I do have to admit that At The Speed of Life did fall under the radar for me when it first came out.  All I remember was reading about it in the Source, and about Xzibit being an upcoming artist.  I thought it looked dope but I was only 14, and since they weren't playing it on the radio and there was no video, and there was no Death Row affiliates on the album.. it was likely to fall under my radar.

Then when 40 Days and 40 Nights came out some of you might remember the video for "What U See Is What U Get" was #1 on BET Rap City for nearly the entire summer of 1998.  Shows how much BET fell the fuck off after they sold their company to Jews at Viacom (same company that owns BET) the next year.   But I was feeling the video, and I noticed King Tee in the video since by that time King Tee was down with Dre and Aftermath, and I was starting to feel like Xzibit might be a big artist.  But still, the album fell just barely below the radar for me.

Then, finally, right around the time No LImit Top Dogg came out in early 99, I saw Xzibit on BET's late night news show announcing that his next album was going to be executive produced by Dr. Dre.  It was hard to believe because I knew he was signed to Loud Records and that he wasn't on Aftermath.  But just hearing this news, made me rush out and buy 40 Days 40 Nightz.  I was especially interested in track 13 "Welcome To LA" since it was produced by Mel Man and it really had that Aftermath Sound to it.  That track was really a preview for me of what a Dre executive produced album might sound like.  The rest of the album sounded a little too raw for me, but I still liked it marginally.

Then by the summer of 2000 after hearing X on Dre's album I was an all out Xzibit fan.  By that time I was heavily anticipating his album, and so I was bumping 40 Days and 40 Nights nearly every day.  "Focus" was one of my favorite joints and with "3 Card Molly" I was getting into Ras Kas and other Xzibit family/affiliates.  Then I finally bought At The Speed of Light and I was really blown away by how deep that album was.  Xzibit really put his heart into that album and being 18 years old just moving out on my own for the first time I really connected with that album, because it was the snapshot of a young artist just breaking out on his own and trying to find success on his own terms in a dangerous world full of possibilities.    

Those damn JEWS... :grumpy:
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 10:33:48 AM »

+1
Nice post.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »

So you don't think it's a fuckin joke that a company named BLACK Entertainment Television sold themselves over to a Jewish company but still kept the same name?   Do you think if their was a television station named JEWISH Entertainment Television that it would be owned by Arabs?  Would that make sense to you.  I'm not even saying anything against Jews here, I'm just simply saying you don't name a company BLACK Entertainment Television unless you are actually black owned and operated.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 11:07:07 AM »
for those who were around at the time, "Restless" was actually considered a disappointment when it first dropped...i personally thought it was the shit, but i remember most peeps around here were expecting another "2001" and thought "Restless" was too watered down.

Too watered down? Stop smoking crack, 2001 is wayyy more watered down than any X album.

LMAO. "2001" changed the sound of west coast rap, buddy...get off the pipe.

Yes, it did. One of my favorite albums. Doesn't change the fact its watered down to appeal to the mainstream with simple, hard-hitting beats and lyrics far simpler (aka watered down) than an Xzibit album. How many songs on 2001 had meaningful lyrics compared to Restless?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »
for those who were around at the time, "Restless" was actually considered a disappointment when it first dropped...i personally thought it was the shit, but i remember most peeps around here were expecting another "2001" and thought "Restless" was too watered down.

Too watered down? Stop smoking crack, 2001 is wayyy more watered down than any X album.

LMAO. "2001" changed the sound of west coast rap, buddy...get off the pipe.

Yes, it did. One of my favorite albums. Doesn't change the fact its watered down to appeal to the mainstream with simple, hard-hitting beats and lyrics far simpler (aka watered down) than an Xzibit album. How many songs on 2001 had meaningful lyrics compared to Restless?

Yeah, Restless definitely had more meaningful lyrics, I'll give you that.  But if Restless had sold 7 Million and Dre's 2001 had sold 1 Million, then you would probably be doing the opposite right now and dissing the Restless LP and promoting Dre's 2001 album.  Saying something like, "Restless LP may have had more meaningful lyrics, but Dre's 2001 had flawless production and every track was a banger"

Fraxxx

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2011, 12:59:46 PM »

So you don't think it's a fuckin joke that a company named BLACK Entertainment Television sold themselves over to a Jewish company but still kept the same name?   Do you think if their was a television station named JEWISH Entertainment Television that it would be owned by Arabs?  Would that make sense to you.  I'm not even saying anything against Jews here, I'm just simply saying you don't name a company BLACK Entertainment Television unless you are actually black owned and operated.

Okay, it just sounded kind of derogatory when I read it.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

doggfather

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »
Restless is a higher quality album than Xzibit's first two.  

no, it's not.
40 dayz>at the>>>>>>>>>restless
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
for those who were around at the time, "Restless" was actually considered a disappointment when it first dropped...i personally thought it was the shit, but i remember most peeps around here were expecting another "2001" and thought "Restless" was too watered down. I bet those same peeps appreciate the shit out of it by now.

come on dawg, everyone was appreciating it.  I mean, your always gonna have haters no matter what, there were probably cats that even hated on Dre when the Chronic came out, or on Snoop when Doggystyle came out.

But aside from those negetive fucks that always find a reason to hate; I think everyone was pleased with Restless then and now.  And Xzibit had the sales to back it up.

Yeah some people wanted to act like diehards and win fan of the year awards so they said they liked at the speed of light better or 40 days and 40 nights better... but the overwhelming reception was that X had finally reached superstar status and became a true west coast heavywieght double platinum artist.

I'm excited about the new album and I hope he comes thru because X is in my top 5 all time, along with Pac, Nas, Em and Snoop.

"Thank You" was a spectacular track that brought tears to my eyes, it was like a modern day Papparazi and proved X still has something left in "the basement" to take a quote from Rocky Balboa.

VVVVV

I would give it a 3 or 3.5 out of 5. I honestly do't think Dre and X make a good combo. He should stick to his "Speed of Life" formula.

Who found Xzibits album Restless a bit of a dissapointment.
Its not as good as At the speeed of life or 40 Dayz and 40 Nightz.

xzibit's first 2 albums are classsics and RESTLESS is a piece of shit!

7/10 beacuse the album have some wack songs in the end of the cd like: dont approach me, best of things and loud&clear 

Now as for the "Aftermath Affiliated" Xzibit, well he's done some so so collabs and dropped 2 poor albums....(although i don't mind "Man v Machine" not a bad album)

This new Xzibit will never be missed

"Throws a half eaten Mars Bar onto the ground"

His first 2 albums are classics....most of the people like the 2 last albums cuz are more commercial.

No doubt homie, I'll miss that old Xzibit/Likwit vibe!!

Anyone who thinks X'z first album sucked probably think Ja Rule & Nelly are good emcee's & that Snoop is better than ever (yes including better than 1992-1995 period!).

The real hip hop fans know which albums are better

At The Speed Of Life is one of my favorite albums ever. Lyrics, content, hard hitting hip hop beats man this album rocks.
40 Days was very good, not as good as the first but more west coast orientated
Restless was good a dissapointment

X has dropped 2 near classics during his likwit period.
X has dropped 2 disappointments/average albums since hooking up with dre.

X has dropped 2 near classics during his likwit period.
X has dropped 2 disappointments/average albums since hooking up with dre.

I'll let u think about that.

As for ras i hope he never hooks up with dre, coz after whats happened to X i would hate to see ras go down the same road.

but hey thats just me.

that's not only you dogg !!!
that's every xzibit fan, that was down wit him from day one!!!

we all feeln same shit...

Gangsta T

Nice to see im not alone but it just seems like there are alot of newcomers to Xzibit, who think his new  dre affiliated albums are better than ATSPL and 40 dayz... which i can't understand...

Im with you too. At the speed of life was amazing. One of the best cds i own. Its hard to believe this is the same xzibit thats rapping about "choke me spank me pull my hair".

see, man, i remember it like it was yesterday....no way "restless" got the reception a typical classic gets. a whole lot of Likwit/Xzibit fans were disappointed, and many peeps felt he fell off. I personally saw it's worth, but i still remember when it came out, many other peeps didn't...

bigpimpin20

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »
Restless is a higher quality album than Xzibit's first two.  

no, it's not.
40 dayz>at the>>>>>>>>>restless