Author Topic: Wcc (Why are u here..)  (Read 626 times)

OutSider

Re:Wcc (Why are u here..)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2003, 01:03:44 AM »
no it is not a big thing.. i didnt lose sleep over it....

Hittman2001

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2003, 01:05:06 AM »
i used to go to big bpg's site alot and i think it was there that i clicked a link to this forum.  didnt think much of it at the time.  then around mar 2002 i came back to the site and read a post by mellowman, i stayed as a guest until april when i signed up.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2003, 01:08:13 AM »
I coulda swore we been around longer than feb 2001. Guess not.  I remember I met B back at the NWA2K board, ha that was forever ago.  That used to be THE SITE, that, Dreday, and SnoopsDogghouse.  We hung out over there, then B decided to open WCKillaz, Overseer came on to help NWA2K, then started his own.  

OutSider

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2003, 01:13:23 AM »
i used to go to big bpg's site alot and i think it was there that i clicked a link to this forum.  didnt think much of it at the time.  then around mar 2002 i came back to the site and read a post by mellowman, i stayed as a guest until april when i signed up.
awwww  :-* :-*

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2003, 02:02:55 AM »
I coulda swore we been around longer than feb 2001. Guess not.  I remember I met B back at the NWA2K board, ha that was forever ago.  That used to be THE SITE, that, Dreday, and SnoopsDogghouse.  We hung out over there, then B decided to open WCKillaz, Overseer came on to help NWA2K, then started his own.  

hehe funny to see where the paths crossed :) i posted up my own lil history the other day in the 'VIP room' on Dedicato's board.. hmm maybe dubcc needs one.. we already gotta dubcnn staff forum (any staff withuot access need a 'cusomt title' set, holla at me if u cant get in there with the title ya want and i'll hook it.)

on how it started... i know i'd been thinkin about a forum for a while (was frustrated with the lack of mod's over on the dre2001 forum) but never really had the leverage to do it. when b-please mentioned it one day in passing and i was like yup ok.. i put up a test forum (i think its still up somewhere) and learned how the board worked while he hooked up the connection to the affiliates.

------------------------------------

1998-2000 - Did my own thing (under the alias PsyCreate) Solo ran news on igangsta.com for a lil while and worked for nwa2k until news of the reunion not happening killed enthusiasm at the site. posted heavily on the dre2001 forum.

2001 "west coast affiliates forum" formed with b-please. got most dre2001 posters over the the new board as eminem fans began to surge into the dre forum making it unusable. (this around the time MMLP was going to drop). WCA forum was kicked from the affiliates within 6 months over a ermm disagreement between me & b-please (dont ask, lol, we cool now. some "affiliates" never used the forum and/or actually had their own forums anyways). Forum name changed to "west coast connection" (bpg of the site"snoops doggpound" made up the name).

2001 - wcc now indie and formed new (& fixed some old) alliances with people I actually spoke to

2002 - rud (who ran "world wide westside" newssite) becomes an admin (& rud nearly has heart attack - lol). wcc becomes dubcc (more on that soon). rud's w.w.w. becomes dubcnn to partner dubcc run under rud's control.

2003 - wcc 2 years old . wcc -> dubcc transformation coming. give it 2 months (just a domain name change?), dubcnn got some major gems to drop too.

------------------------------------

wcc has nearly 'died' at least 3 times. even tho i'm not great with the GFX i think me being technical has helped keep us 'up' for a long time. our original 'struggles' are documented here http://forum.igangsta.com/history.htm

I'd like to make a proper history includiing the forum history i made a while back.
maybe for the r.o.d. project some dubcnn folx know about

« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 02:19:43 AM by Overseer »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2003, 02:25:56 AM »
i came here the day it opened, after all those newbies flooded the dre2001 board so i was lookin for something better..and i found it  :D
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2003, 07:24:49 AM »
im a muufuckin OG.. signed up the day it started 8)
i posted on various dpg boards under the name "no limit hot dogg" before  ;D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2003, 08:02:32 AM »
Yeah Yeah Im bored... very bored, so I decided to post something.. Why did u sign up to wcc?? Here's my little history...

I was lookin for some West Coast related fans and I found Snoopsdoggpound.net... after a month of visiting this site like everyday, I saw the link to WCC but never signed up, I was excited to hear so many exclusive news lol.. like 2 months later, I signed up because I wanted to give my opinion and share files

Thats crazy...we got somethin in common dude ;)

BPG's site Snoopsdoggpound brought me here.  He had a link on his site that I checked out......and the rest is history!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2003, 09:12:49 AM »
I '99, I started college in Minnesota, and realized that I had no street info on when westcoast CDs were coming out. My homie said Warren G released I Want It All, and I was like wtf. So I searched the net looking for a news website on westcoast music. I found a grip, as there was DreDay, the M.C. Ren page, Snoop's Dogghouse, and 2Pac-Outlawz. I went to the message board of DreDay, and it cracked me up about how people were just so excited to get Dre2001, I was laughing in the computar lab outloud, and people were looking at me weird. It really made me laugh how people were overreacting, but I thought they were a cool bunch of young kids (being 18, I was so much older...lol) so I decided to start posting and give my veiw on things. I started posting, and couldn't think of a name, so I came up with M Dogg... lol... how orginal. I posted on there, until NWA2K started, and then that got slow, but Trauma had asked me to join W.C. Killaz staff, which I agreed, and I started posting there. W.C. Killaz joined with a bunch of other boards to form this board, at the time called West Coast Affiliates, and I signed up the first day, and when the boards split, I joined the W.C. Killaz forum, but once that went down, I've been on this board ever since.

S.G.V.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2003, 09:40:49 AM »
i was fuckin around and wrote west coast and searched for it...and wckillaz came up...peeped that shit for a while...then i came up on the link here...i thought hell yea i place i can chop game about all kinds of west shit...then i was disapointed when all i seen was posts about nas/em/dre/snoop...but as i got to know peeps i liked it better...

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2003, 10:03:11 AM »
pink told me about this board back in november 2001...i used to be on the old one that trauma was speaking of which i think M-dogg had told me about that was in 2000 sometime I believe

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2003, 11:23:11 AM »

maybe for the r.o.d. project some dubcnn folx know about

lol, wha? wats that?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2003, 11:27:21 AM »
lol

Smooth

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2003, 11:44:49 AM »
My story's the same as a lot of yours... I was just searching for some westcoast news and came across BpG's site... I peeped that for a few weeks then found the link for WCC... i signed up here about 2 months after it opened in early april 2001... and been hooked ever since! ;D

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

bez

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2003, 01:19:56 PM »
I searched for hip hop/rap on yahoo or sumit, and Wcc came up.  i clicked on it, licked the look of it signed up and basically I have been here ever since, exept for a few times where I have l;eft fior about 3 days because of ppl pissing me off.  But I love this place, I have learned so much about life, east coast and west coat music and its a place where I can post up my rhyme that I write to.  Much respect to all the mods and Overseer and Rud for keepin this site running, you guys do a great job.