Author Topic: Would Cash Money Make Bank Off Signing Game? 3Artists That May Make A Better Fit  (Read 163 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
from sohh.com

Bow Wow signed to Cash Money Records in 2009, but sh**t ain't sweet: Although he had a song with Breezy that got mad spins ("Ain't Thinkin' About You") his debut album on CM is probably sitting on Baby's coffee table under a mound of kush, because it definitely hasn't hit record stores.

So when I read a story about Game, and he's talking about making the move to Cash Money after his current situation is over, it raises an eyebrow or three. At this point, Cash Money is like the best barber in the barbershop, and Game is strolling in on a Friday with no appointment. There's gonna be a wait, bruh bruh. There are so many artists in line tryna get a cut, you may mess around, get impatient and end up lettin' Koch fade you up, real rap.

Mixtapes aside ("Purp and Patron" was excellent) Game has become better known for his tweets and beefs than music. Which brings us to our question of the day: Would Cash Money make bank off signing Game?

Signed or unsigned, here are three Freshmen from the Class of 2011 that may make a better investment for the CMR brand than Game:

Kendrick Lamar
With mixtapes and a few indie albums under his belt, the young scrapper has a decent following across the board. With the right push from Team CM, he could take his movement to the next level.

Diggy Simmons
The little brother of Jojo Simmons got a little spit in him, yo. He's marketable, young and is right in line with the type of audience checking for the new Cash Money. Back in the day, it was bling bling and tales from the 'Nolia. In 2011? Not so much.

Big K.R.I.T.
K.R.I.T. has a situation at Def Jam, but its easy to get lost in the shuffle over there. A deal with CM may have been fruitful: It'd once again give the company that Southern feel from which it came, while making it easier for K.R.I.T to land powerful features from those guys at Team Young Money. Hate it or love it, those cameos help move units.

Watcha Think - Would Game be the best thing to happen to Cash Money since "The Carter III" or are there better investments elsewhere?

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
K.dot isnt a Cash Money fit at all. Cash Money aint a good label to be on, their constantly fuckin artists over. They been sued 3/4 times this year already for not payin producers.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Diggy is the only one from this list that fits YM

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets