Author Topic: 50 Cent slams Interscope for failing to release his fifth album  (Read 1240 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 Cent slams Interscope for failing to release his fifth album
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 02:57:54 AM »
That's not real talk, that's real bullshit.

Jada was huge on the mixtape scene too. As was Fab, and do I even need to mention how big the Dipset movement was?

50s career was a combination of being hungry + controvery (most people knew he was beefing with rule and that he got shot AT 9 times before they could name you 1 of his songs) + having that Interscope machine behind him.

And even with that, he still owes D12 for not wanting the In Da Club beat. Without that song his career wouldn't have been the same; GRODT wouldn't have sold the same with 21 Questions and PIMP as the singles.

oh so its bullshit just because dips, fab and jada were making mixtapes too? everything i said is true if you want to completely ignore the impact he had on the mixtape game just because other people had popular mixtapes then go ahead. its called burying your head in the sand

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 04:12:32 AM »
50 was the first mixtape artist to really take someones song remake it and make it his own. Which is what most people try to do now. Prior to that it was just freestyles.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 04:52:27 AM »
classic ish

CRAIGnice

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
50 was the first mixtape artist to really take someones song remake it and make it his own. Which is what most people try to do now. Prior to that it was just freestyles.

on point 100%.....mixtapes to me were awful before someone like 50 made that lane to turn someones elses song into ur own version.
Hip-Hop-N-NBA All Day

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 11:01:16 PM »
Weird al has been doing it for decades.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 01:12:47 AM »
Weird al had zero impact on hip hop or mixtapes so isnt relevant.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 01:52:23 AM »
To hell with interscope. I don't care for 50 but it's obvious this label is too scared to put his album out. Just let the dude out of his deal if you won't release his shit.

Jay_J

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 03:43:44 AM »
He already said that he ain't gonna post the song.

becuz he can't... he can't even go to toilet without dre's permission...

kuruptlon

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
Guess Who's Back is some ill shit

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »
That's not real talk, that's real bullshit.

Jada was huge on the mixtape scene too. As was Fab, and do I even need to mention how big the Dipset movement was?

50s career was a combination of being hungry + controvery (most people knew he was beefing with rule and that he got shot AT 9 times before they could name you 1 of his songs) + having that Interscope machine behind him.

And even with that, he still owes D12 for not wanting the In Da Club beat. Without that song his career wouldn't have been the same; GRODT wouldn't have sold the same with 21 Questions and PIMP as the singles.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »
Surely if he's got enough money to apparently feed Africa then he can get an album out? Sounds like a bit of a childish female with this. I'd have thought 50, of all people, would have went about this a better way, being the businessman he is.

Maybe its fate. His rap career started with a shelved album....

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »
I still wanna know what his contract situation is with Interscope. I thought BISD was the last album he owed them (other than a greatest hits album but that's up to interscope to put out; probably won't be until after he dies like most labels do to make money off their artist)

If he's that unhappy he should just leave. If anybody in hip-hop could start their own distribution company its Curtis. He's a smart guy so I'm pretty sure he's observed how the wheel turns as far as the big business behind the scenes at Interscope. He should give it a shot.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 12:50:55 AM »
I still wanna know what his contract situation is with Interscope. I thought BISD was the last album he owed them (other than a greatest hits album but that's up to interscope to put out; probably won't be until after he dies like most labels do to make money off their artist)

If he's that unhappy he should just leave. If anybody in hip-hop could start their own distribution company its Curtis. He's a smart guy so I'm pretty sure he's observed how the wheel turns as far as the big business behind the scenes at Interscope. He should give it a shot.
BISD was his last. The new one comes out on Interscope if he re-negotiates his contract.
Ive always wondered why no-ones ever started their own distribution label
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 01:35:10 AM »
People are still checking for this guy?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 02:28:28 AM »

BISD was his last. The new one comes out on Interscope if he re-negotiates his contract.
Ive always wondered why no-ones ever started their own distribution label

He was signed for 5 albums, who's to say the 5th album had to be a greatest hits project?