Author Topic: NEW!! Game Ft. Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg - "Drug Test"  (Read 5098 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: NEW!! Game Ft. Dr Dre & Snoop Dogg - "Drug Test"
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2011, 02:53:18 AM »
Kush sounds a lil like something Dre produced because Khalil made the beat specifically for Dre. Duh. It's not a mystery to make something sound like that. Just listen to Focus's Homage to Dre or the countless fake Detox beats people put up on youtube. You know dre ain't an elite producer anymore when the fake beats people are coming out with are better than the real shit he's doing
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:55:57 AM by SPICE NONE »

Sccit

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2011, 05:45:13 AM »
i've never heard a fake dre beat come anywhere close to an actual dre beat...i think the closest i've heard was fredwreck, but even that wasnt anything close to dre's level.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2011, 06:48:22 AM »
Dre's lil homies have been outproducing him in recent years. There's a reason even artist are confused as to who produced their shiet (ie: Yayo telling people Dre produced Live By the Gun)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2011, 06:51:04 AM »
more like in recent decades

teecee

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
Kush sounds a lil like something Dre produced because Khalil made the beat specifically for Dre. Duh. It's not a mystery to make something sound like that. Just listen to Focus's Homage to Dre or the countless fake Detox beats people put up on youtube. You know dre ain't an elite producer anymore when the fake beats people are coming out with are better than the real shit he's doing

You are partly right, but Khalil himself said Dre really changed the track when he mixed it, so much that Khalil dIdnt like it at first...

Will_B

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2011, 07:57:17 AM »
You are partly right, but Khalil himself said Dre really changed the track when he mixed it, so much that Khalil dIdnt like it at first...

That breakdown Khalil did emphasises just how important Dre's 'producer' role is.

Yes he picks writers, musicians (some good enough to be producers themselves),.. and other producers, but he brings everything together and creates a Dr. Dre record. The mixing part is where things really get cooking, but the track already needs to be a really good one (you can't polish a turd as they say).

In the end you can wholeheartedly say is a Dre production because of the outcome of the record...no matter how many people are involved down the line.

All that said, many tracks (like the leaks we've been hearing) are abandoned just because at some point Dre said 'shit we're flogging a dead horse here'.

Others, like Kush were never that great a record to start with, but 'it leaked and people liked it' (if you believe the promo/story) - that's why Kush it came out as a hype track.

Believe in Dre™ :cheers:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2011, 09:34:24 AM »
your a faggot

Will_B

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2011, 09:59:33 AM »
OBGYN will B the link deleting 40 year old glory hog who writes dissertations on dre singles.

your parents must be proud.

Will_B

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
OBGYN will B the link deleting 40 year old glory hog who writes dissertations on dre singles.

your parents must be proud.

Very on topic. :sign_banhim:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »
that sounds like something you would say limey.

i heard mikes dropping another installment of dpg legacy...dont ruin it for everyone else this time you crumpet hoarding wigger.

Will_B

« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »
that sounds like something you would say limey.

i heard mikes dropping another installment of dpg legacy...dont ruin it for everyone else this time you crumpet hoarding wigger.

:sshh:

Sccit

« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2011, 01:49:45 PM »

LOL...exactly. if this is not proof, i dunno what is. people dissin dre just dont understand the process of music-making.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »
As some of us already figured, this was originally a Detox track.

Game was just on MTV a lil' while ago with Sway and said that this song was recorded for Dre but then after some time Game said he asked Dre if he could use it and Dre barely remembered the song cuz by that time he had already start working on more joints so he let him take it. At least that's Game's story. I know, not a shocker but still thought i'd let you know.

Game also said that Dre is narrating the whole album so the tracklist with all the Dre interludes/intro and outros probably is real (maybe with the exception of a few songs).

Will_B

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2011, 04:28:15 PM »
As some of us already figured, this was originally a Detox track.

Game was just on MTV a lil' while ago with Sway and said that this song was recorded for Dre but then after some time Game said he asked Dre if he could use it and Dre barely remembered the song cuz by that time he had already start working on more joints so he let him take it. At least that's Game's story. I know, not a shocker but still thought i'd let you know.

Thanks for confirming this.