Author Topic: khalil > dre  (Read 2328 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: khalil > dre
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2011, 10:36:56 AM »
lol @ NIK using Youtube as a valid source.

Then lol @ NIK not believing the back cover to the CD's single because he's wrong.

Khalil is ill. I think producing goes "what have you done for me lately?" though. If Detox does come out & it blows us away production-wise & it's all Dre, we're gunna say he's still the best. But it's not like other things where once somebody is better than you, it's almost impossible to get back better than them (like sports).

But to be honest, I'd still be alright whether I see Khalil or Dre's name credited.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »
A comeback is possible, but stupid to assume. How do you know whether or not the shit will be dope? If it is we can give him his props for still being relevant, but until then all we have to go on is the mediocre music we are hearing.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
while its totally true that nik made an ass out of himself in this thread i gotta give some props he didn't call not one of us dicklickers or nut riders or other words of assorted faggotry.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
Khalil IS on fire lately (I Don't Need No Bitch, Kush), and dude IS a dope producer in his own right.  The key, though, is Dre's touch.  Could Khalil make a beat like this on his own?

A good example of Dre's touch is Busta's "Been Through the Storm"...Snoop said that beat was shit until Dre put his hands on it, and it became a great song after he mixed and co-produced it.

Dre definitely hasn't had the golden touch lately, not on Relapse, not on Recovery, not any of the new Game tracks, and none of the Detox tracks either.  INAD pretty much told us where Dre's beat game is at right now...that was a HORRIBLE beat, and Dre used it anyway instead of making a much better one himself.  Still, I hold out hope.  I, for one, love Kush (just not Akon).
khalil works with musicians too, not a bad thing though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2011, 12:02:56 PM »
while its totally true that nik made an ass out of himself in this thread i gotta give some props he didn't call not one of us dicklickers or nut riders or other words of assorted faggotry.

Way to jinx it.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
*knocks on wood*

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
 :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »
Dre takes it easily. Khalil is just a student of Dre.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sccit

« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »
Anyway, khalil is pure dope and brings a new sound to the game, yes it IS a new sound. But still, he aint on that relapse level for exemple.
No one can f**k with relapse' production, its insanely brillant.

"Stay Wide Awake" was the only amazing beat on the album IMO. "Medicine Ball" had a bangin' beat too. I never liked the production on the album.

by Dre's standards, it's not his best...but it is better than the shit we've been hearin from Khalil lately.

Sccit

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »

Dre turns mediocre beats into great ones? Lol where is there any proof of this?

his track record speaks for itself...ask the hundreds of artists who have worked with dre and praised him as the greatest, they will tell u the same.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »
Maybe Dre has not been making the same style of beats as before, but his shit is still craaaazy. The shit on Relapse was fucking amazing.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sccit

« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »
Like I said, "Kush" was produced by Dre just as much as any track on "2001"...the critics have gotten to Dre so much that he's decided to only take credit for mixing, when he obviously did a lot more for the beat. Those songs u just posted don't even come close to the classics Dre has produced...Bottom line, Khalil has a long way to go before he reaches Dre's status. the fact that Dre hasn't even released songs in years and is still relevant speaks for itself. If Khalil stopped making songs for as long as Dre has no one would know who the fuck he even was.

Dre is takin' credit for mixing because that's what he did. It's simple as that.

producers will come to Dre with skeleton beats and concepts, and he will put his touches on it and make it his own. he's always been doin this, only back in the day he would actually take credit as the main producer (like what Bad Azz said)...Nowadays, he's giving the bulk of the credit to his right-hand man. still, u cant fool the ear...a dre beat is as recognizable as sinatra's voice. i will forever consider "respect" a dre beat, just like i will always consider "kush" a dre beat. i dont buy the mixing bullshit...if those tracks are not produced by dre, neither are a bulk of his classics.

Other people make Dr.Dre's beats. Here's a list of people who all have said it.

Bad Azz
Big Chuck
Cold187Um
Daz Dillinger
Emanuel Dean
J.Flexx
Neff-U
Sam Sneed
Scott Storch
Snoop Dogg

To Dre's defense, he's always been characterized as a producer in the classical sense. While he does all the drum programming, Dre doesn't play any instruments. Instead, he works with and directs musicians who then translate his vision. On The Chronic 2001, Dre collaborated with producers/musicians Mel-Man, Scott Storch and Mike Elizondo - all of which received credit for their work. While Dre may not lay the string arrangement or piano keys to a beat, he's still arranging and directing the song.

http://www.ugo.com/music/top-11-hip-hop-producers-dr-dre

u do realize ur agreeing with me, right? LOL

Sccit

« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
dre is a producer in the same sense that puff daddy used to produce and has won mad producer of the decade awards and shit back in the 90s.

LMAO...please do not tell me ur comparing Puffy to Dre. SMH.

Puffy does not have the ear for music that Dre has...he does not have the skill to perfect a sound the way Dre does. Dre owns a beat, he isn't satisfied until it sounds exactly how he pictures it in his mind. Puffy is NOTHING like this. the only similarity is that neither of 'em play their own instruments...that's where the comparison ends.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:56:44 PM by NIKCC »

I_ThePope_I

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
Khalil's best SOUNDING beats are the ones Dre mixed. (I Made It, Could've Been You, Kush)

Sccit

« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2011, 03:59:53 PM »

I made an ass of myself by assuming Dre produced "Kush"? LOL, OK...I already explained my thoughts on the subject in detail.

once again, if Dre didn't produce "Kush" then he didn't produce at least HALF of "2001"...u aint followin my logic, or u just dont get it?