Author Topic: khalil > dre  (Read 2374 times)

Sccit

Re: khalil > dre
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »
point is, dre does a lot more for a beat than just create it...he composes it and maximizes its potential. thats what a true producer does. not many in the game can say they have the abilities of dre when it comes to actual production and not just beatmaking. basically, the definition of production has been lost over time...dre produced "kush" just as much as he produced the tracks on "2001"...but nowadays, the primary beatmaker wants full production credit, even though theres a whole lot more to producing than just laying out a beat.

Dre doesn't compose shit. A composer is the one who MAKES the music, genius. And Lol @ still talking about Kush. Guess what? Dre received ZERO production credit on Kush, hence he didn't produce it.

LOL. the sound and quality of a Puffy production pales in comparison to Dre's....Scott Storch and Khalil have made dope beats, but nothin on the level of what they've done with Dre helping.

I'd have to disagree considering how many bonefide hit singles Puffy has made. And Khalil's best songs were made without Dre. Kush ain't even close to his best song.

LOL@"Dre doesnt compose shit"...shows how much u know.

Okka

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »
I find it funny most people associate Khalil with Dre, when he REALLY got his start with DJ Muggs and Soul Assassins and with Self Scientific. Khalil ALWAYS been nice with the beats.

Exactly. "Millenium Thrust" from the second Soul Assassins compilation is one of my favorite beats from him.

Maybe Dre has not been making the same style of beats as before, but his shit is still craaaazy. The shit on Relapse was fucking amazing.

That's because he been workin' with different beatmeakers. It's not hard to figure out. He has been workin' with Dawaun Parker and Mark Batson in the last years. I'm glad Scott Storch is back workin' with Dre now.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:05:33 PM by Okka »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
point is, dre does a lot more for a beat than just create it...he composes it and maximizes its potential. thats what a true producer does. not many in the game can say they have the abilities of dre when it comes to actual production and not just beatmaking. basically, the definition of production has been lost over time...dre produced "kush" just as much as he produced the tracks on "2001"...but nowadays, the primary beatmaker wants full production credit, even though theres a whole lot more to producing than just laying out a beat.

Dre doesn't compose shit. A composer is the one who MAKES the music, genius. And Lol @ still talking about Kush. Guess what? Dre received ZERO production credit on Kush, hence he didn't produce it.

LOL. the sound and quality of a Puffy production pales in comparison to Dre's....Scott Storch and Khalil have made dope beats, but nothin on the level of what they've done with Dre helping.

I'd have to disagree considering how many bonefide hit singles Puffy has made. And Khalil's best songs were made without Dre. Kush ain't even close to his best song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composer

Sccit

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2011, 02:37:05 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composer

did u read what u just posted? thats exactly what dre does..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »
I never realized you were so dense. Read it, then re-read all your posts talking about how Dre doesn't make beats

"composers directly create sonic material." Composing has nothing to do with "perfecting."

Sccit

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »
I never realized you were so dense. Read it, then re-read all your posts talking about how Dre doesn't make beats

"composers directly create sonic material." Composing has nothing to do with "perfecting."

Dre does compose beats, as well as perfect them...ask anyone who's worked with him. a great deal of the "stealing" accusations have been because other artists play the instruments and lay the drum patterns, as Dre composes them.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2011, 10:48:19 AM »
Dre does compose beats, as well as perfect them...ask anyone who's worked with him. a great deal of the "stealing" accusations have been because other artists play the instruments and lay the drum patterns, as Dre composes them.

If someone else comes up with a beat and Dre does something to change it....that's obviously not composing. You've spent this whole thread trying to convince us that Dre isn't a beatmaker. Face it, you backed yourself into a corner.

Khalil >>> Dre. As of right now he is producing better songs. Statik Selektah >>> both right now though.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:54:09 AM by SPICE NONE »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »

If someone else comes up with a beat and Dre does something to change it....that's obviously not composing. You've spent this whole thread trying to convince us that Dre isn't a beatmaker. Face it, you backed yourself into a corner.

Khalil >>> Dre. As of right now he is producing better songs.
like drug test you mean?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »

Khalil >>> Dre. As of right now he is producing better songs.
like drug test you mean?

Lol no.

teecee

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »
Fuck, this thread is looking way too much like the Sports section.   Dre DOES compose beats sometimes, as he tells musicians what to play, etc.  Other times he perfects them.  What is so hard to get ya'll?  Sometimes he makes his own tracks, but most of the time he builds off of others shit.  

And as Khalil himself said, Dre DRASTICALLY changed Kush, making it way more uptempo and full sounding.  

Still, as of right now, Khalil is producing better shit than Dre, so the thread title works (for the time being only).  But Drugtest is wack.

Anyway, I'm surprised KUSH didn't become a massive hit.  

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2011, 11:01:41 AM »
funny how some of Khalil's weakest shit is the stuff he's doing for Dre. Kush being the exception.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2011, 11:15:05 AM »
Fuck, this thread is looking way too much like the Sports section.   Dre DOES compose beats sometimes, as he tells musicians what to play, etc.  Other times he perfects them.  What is so hard to get ya'll?  Sometimes he makes his own tracks, but most of the time he builds off of others shit.  

And as Khalil himself said, Dre DRASTICALLY changed Kush, making it way more uptempo and full sounding.  

Still, as of right now, Khalil is producing better shit than Dre, so the thread title works (for the time being only).  But Drugtest is wack.

Anyway, I'm surprised KUSH didn't become a massive hit.  
sure, but it still has that khalil sound.

funny how some of Khalil's weakest shit is the stuff he's doing for Dre. Kush being the exception.
what about topless? not a fan of it, but i thought you liked it

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »
I find it funny most people associate Khalil with Dre, when he REALLY got his start with DJ Muggs and Soul Assassins and with Self Scientific.

Khalil ALWAYS been nice with the beats. Yeah his more recent stuff has a more Dre ish feel to it but working with Dre so much as he does will have that effect. But his recent work with Cypress, Em, SAS, and others as been diverse and straight fiyah.

Exactly

That's what I'm saying, khalils beats were a lot better before he started fucking with dre

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
when khalil does work under dres wing dre tends to polish his shit up too much.

Sccit

« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »

money