Author Topic: khalil > dre  (Read 2327 times)

Sccit

Re: khalil > dre
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 07:10:02 PM »
thats a shame...niks super masculine hyper competitive alpha male mindstate wont even let him admit he made a mistake hed rather keep up the charade.

you clearly stated he couldnt make a beat like kush or topless then switched up the context of which you said it so as not to look like you made *gasp* a mistake.

petey, i knew khalil was involved in the beat (youtube had it listed as produced by Dre and Khalil), I just know for a fact that Khalil cant make beats like that...same thing for Daz without Dre behind the boards. this is also the same debate I had about Xzibit's track "Multiply" YEARS ago (check the thread)...No way Dre didn't produced "Kush".

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
okay ;)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 07:34:55 PM »
as of this moment

dres catalog is untouchable but right now as of today?

...yeah.

i think you meant as of 2006 at least..

khalil been shittin on dre and whichever sidekick he has giving him skeleton beats since before khalil hooked up with him..

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
Not sure why I am wasting my time responding to this post but "as of this moment" no one other than clowns on this board are checkin for Khalil..........No one.

LMAOOOOO FOOL

The D.O.C and

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
LOL if u really believe Khalil could make a beat anywhere close to that without Dre

i'm almost sure dre did NOT put his hands topless, jut my opinion though.

The D.O.C and

thegooddoc

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2011, 09:10:53 PM »
as of this moment

...yeah.

Considering that Khalil admitted in interviews that Dre did more than just "mix" Kush and his beats always sound better on aftermath projects, I'm going to say no.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
as of this moment

...yeah.

Considering that Khalil admitted in interviews that Dre did more than just "mix" Kush and his beats always sound better on aftermath projects, I'm going to say no.

yup that khalil interview was crazy, would be interesting to hear the original khalil version.

The D.O.C and

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »
check docs advocate...Khalil can make dre beats these days better then dre can

Okka

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 12:34:12 AM »
DJ Khalil made bangers before he hooked up with Dr. Dre. We all know how Dr. Dre "produces" beats, he has other people creatin' the beat and he tells what he likes and he doesn't like.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 12:42:28 AM »
^you can always tell a Dre beat when u hear him..."Kush" and "Topless" are Dre beats.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 04:36:41 AM »
I used to buy weed from dj Khalil, he used to always tell me he made beats but I never took him seriously.  We were so mad when he blew up and we realized it was him. 

With that being said Khalil has been making better beats then dre for over half a decade.  All that old strong arm steady shit Khalil was doing like rise shits on anything dre has done since 2001 and Khalil has only got better...

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 04:47:22 AM »
Khalil >>> E.P >>> Dre at this point in time. The beat dre had on Purp & Patron/Hangover were wack.

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 05:12:54 AM »
 I lurk here all the time, and hardly ever feel the need to post anything, but everyone who shits on Dre is crazy.. For god's sake, look at the man's track record.. How many threads have been posted saying Blank>Dr Dre? I'm a huge fan of Westcoast Hip-Hop, and listen to all the stuff that gets posted in the forums, and not one of those guys gets the same calibre of performance out of the artists that Dre gets, even today..

I swear that most people have no idea what a producer is or does... Do you think it's a guy sitting in a room making little songs on a computer program or a sampler just waiting for some rapper and hook man to come in and lay down his tracks? A producer plays the people who play the music.. They take ideas from artists and musicians, and make it into one cohesive sounding project..

Read this, if it's not too dry and sciencey for you.. If you can get past the fact that it's not an article about what Daz Dillinger's favorite breakfast cereal is, or who is going to save the Westcaost, you might find it interesting and gain some knowledge to back up some of y'all's forum posts in the future...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_producer

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 05:48:12 AM »
Don't think anyone can deny dres skills as an overal producer as far as mixing, mastering, overseeing  and making the product sound good.  But when it comes to beat making Khalil > dre easy...

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 06:21:52 AM »
Don't think anyone can deny dres skills as an overal producer as far as mixing, mastering, overseeing  and making the product sound good.  But when it comes to beat making Khalil > dre easy...

Has Dre ever really been a beatmaker though? Can anyone name beats he's done entirely on his own?