Author Topic: khalil > dre  (Read 2376 times)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: khalil > dre
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 06:29:56 AM »
Don't think anyone can deny dres skills as an overal producer as far as mixing, mastering, overseeing  and making the product sound good.  But when it comes to beat making Khalil > dre easy...
Has Dre ever really been a beatmaker though? Can anyone name beats he's done entirely on his own?
That arguments already been done too many times. Dres like a hero to people on here tho.

shu

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 08:31:01 AM »
http://twitter.com/#!/Imadeitinc

IMadeItInc DJ Khalil
Just finished mixing with my mentor Dr. Dre. He is the illest. Period.
29 Jui

interesting ... maybe another mixing session of RED or DETOX

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »
"Kush" and "Topless", both recent Dre tracks, shit on ANYTHING Khalil has ever done (without Dre)

lmao @ how bad you just failed.

Okka

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 09:26:37 AM »
^you can always tell a Dre beat when u hear him..."Kush" and "Topless" are Dre beats.

Dr. Dre has musicians that play and make the beats. Snoop Dogg and everybody said that shit.

Schüler Music

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.soundcloud.com/ludwigschuler
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
Stop guessing YOU DONT KNOW

Khalil tells the story about Kush in an interview i cant find right now. He tells he himself made the beat, he gave it to Dre, he loved it. A few days later Khalil got to the studio again, Dre hade made some changes. The changes were a different hihat, and the beat was faster.

This is from another interview:

Kush really sounds like a Dr. Dre joint. Did you focus on coming up with something that you knew he and Snoop would love to write verses to?

K: Yeah, well I mean I been a staff producer for Dr. Dre for over 6 years so you know I’ve studied Dre since NWA since CIA since World Class Wreckin’ Cru, you know I probably own every piece of vinyl Dr. Dre has ever produced.

My opinion, Dre hasnt produced anything i want to listen to since 2006.

Okka

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
Stop guessing YOU DONT KNOW

Well, i believe Snoop Dogg, Bad Azz, Daz Dillinger, J.Flexx, Sam Sneed and everybody elsey who done said that shit.

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »
"Kush" and "Topless", both recent Dre tracks, shit on ANYTHING Khalil has ever done (without Dre)

FAIL

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »
^don't buy it.

bouli77

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »

FAIL

dayum, didn't know blaqthoven was on Kush... i'm surprised to see him involved with dre. good to know for dre's music (if he ever checks for blaq's input lol)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2011, 04:17:31 PM »
he went back to edit his post after he originally stated khalil couldnt ever make a beat like kush and topless (both khalil beats) it didnt have the "with out dre" part hes just too prideful to ever admit to making a mistake on here.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »
I like Khalil but...

Relapse>anything Khalil has produced IMO

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »
he went back to edit his post after he originally stated khalil couldnt ever make a beat like kush and topless (both khalil beats) it didnt have the "with out dre" part hes just too prideful to ever admit to making a mistake on here.

Petey, ur trippin balls, son...i never knew Khalil was credited for solo production on "Kush", you're right, but lmao if u think I didn't know he was involved in the track... I always thought it was Dre co-produced by Khalil...I still think that. If "2001" was credited the same way, Scott Storch and Mel Man would have been credited for solo production on half the tracks. I think the only reason Dre has been giving production credits to other artists lately is because he is sick of being accused of stealing peoples beats...bottom line, it's the Dre sound that makes those Khalil beats go hard. Khalil would never produce a beat that good if it weren't Dre's...maybe I did make a mistake, but my point still stands.

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »
After all the bullshit Khalill>Dre comments, I stand by my statement. "Aint nobody checkin for Khalil".  Please. Thanks NIKCC and the other real hip hop heads for holding it down..K.P. must stand for Khalil's Punk, Pussy,Piece I guess. Khalil could put out a CD of instrumentals with months of promotion and no one would give a fuck. Dude is a very good Beatmaker..Hip Hop Hooray. I give him credit for that cause hip hop needs beatmakers...Maybe he will hire K.P. and the rest of the Khalil Dreamers on this board.   

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2011, 09:05:57 PM »
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:07:54 PM by K.P. »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2011, 10:03:10 PM »
shitloads of producers are better now than dre is. The man was untouchable in his prime but how is he even a contender considering all the disappointing shit we've heard? Everyone falls off, some people here need to just accept that.