Author Topic: khalil > dre  (Read 2373 times)

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: khalil > dre
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 03:30:46 AM »
shitloads of producers are better now than dre is. The man was untouchable in his prime but how is he even a contender considering all the disappointing shit we've heard? Everyone falls off, some people here need to just accept that.

Agreed...But we cannot compare someone who has produced a few hitsongs the last couple of years 2 a producer who had generations of hits and continously invented himself. And made really rare classics with a sound that unique that it changed the game.
The beginning 90's dre is different then the mid 90's dre and the 20's dre is different then today.

If you want 2 compare him, compare him 2 a producer who is on pare with him, like Timbaland. Although I don't like his music, he has the same inventiveness production-wise.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
shitloads of producers are better now than dre is. The man was untouchable in his prime but how is he even a contender considering all the disappointing shit we've heard? Everyone falls off, some people here need to just accept that.

Agreed...But we cannot compare someone who has produced a few hitsongs the last couple of years 2 a producer who had generations of hits and continously invented himself. And made really rare classics with a sound that unique that it changed the game.
The beginning 90's dre is different then the mid 90's dre and the 20's dre is different then today.

If you want 2 compare him, compare him 2 a producer who is on pare with him, like Timbaland. Although I don't like his music, he has the same inventiveness production-wise.

the thread topic was who is the better producer today

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »
He's not a better producer.. You might like his beats better, but he can't produce a product from start to finish like Dre can, IMO...

Okka

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
dubcnn.com : The Neptunes ain't as dope as Dre though man..

Shiiit.. It's opinionated, I ain't gonna try and force my opinion on you, but I say it, write it down in my interview, Bad Azz said The Neptunes are as dope as Dr. Dre. And I didn't say doper, and they're new, they ain't as old as Dre, but on me, they PRODUCED all they songs, Dre don't produce all his songs, look Dre gets props for songs that he didn't produce! So who's doper? The Neptunes produce allllll they're songs, Dre gets props for.. Focus produces Dre songs, Mel Man produces Dre songs, Daz produced Dre songs, Warren G has produced Dre songs, like remember that Watcher song? Dre didn't do that beat! Dre did not do that beat! 50% of the shit Dre does, he doesn't really do! He has this little kid named Ryan right now, that nigga is DOPE as fuck! He has this guy named Focus that produces beats.. You know who else like got a song compilation wit Dre.. Khalil, Khalil has been producin for Dre. Dre needs dope producers, and he'll take a rough track that they did and he'll fix it up and he produced it. The Neptunes are way doper than Dre, Battlecat is way doper, I'm talkin' about niggas like Jelly Roll, that produce, really produce they're own tracks. Did you hear that song Jelly Roll produced for Dre? On the Wash soundtrack? Comon now, Dr. Dre hasn't made a beat that dope in years, and that's Jelly Roll! But people think Dre did it! Even The Wash, what about that, that's the last beat Dre did that I can honestly say Dre did, and that's a sample! Dre did that, that's a Dre beat, but c'mon man I can name a gang of beats that are tighter than that that people think Dre did, so I feel you when you say like "Dre! He's the greatest!" but believe me man, alotta these young niggas are doper than him, but he has the credit, he as the power, he's the man, he's the credible producer that says "I did more work, I did produce more songs than you guys" So it's not like these niggas ain't better, caues Jelly Roll, I'ma be honest with you, Jelly Roll, BattleCat, Fredwreck, The Neptunes, Just
Blaze, those niggas are fuckin wit Dre man. And these new dope ass producers that are really makin the hits right now, they fuckin wit him man! Mel Man..have you heard Mel Mans shit?

dubcnn.com : Of course!

Mel Man is fuckin vicious, and now Mel Mans still produces shit that Dre gets credit for right now! And that's why I say The Neptunes is nobody that produces for them! The Neptunes are Chad, Hugo and Pharrell Williams and thats it. They make ALL the beats, that little chinese dude thats behind Pharell, he makes, he programs beats, Pharell does the keyboard and the hook, and that's the beat. And they produce for Michael Jackson, they produce for Justin Timberlake, they killin Dre! They REALLY get 100Gs a track, Dre don't get 100 Gs a track! From who? Who does Dre sell? He sellin to Eminem for 100 Gs a track? Nooo, he GIVIN Eminem beats? Snoop ain't buyin no tracks from Dre for 100 Gs, The Neptunes are really sellin beats to people for 100 Gs. Pass The Courvoisier, they got 100 Gs for that, Beautiful, they got 100 Gs for that, that other song Snoop did, they got a 100 Gs for that. They got $200,000 from Snoop for his record, for that. Dre ain't gettin paid like that! He's not, I swear to god, and the reason why I say that is that Dre makes DEAL. Like Jay-Z is gonna say look Dre, gimme 2 beats I'll write you two verses. So he ain't gettin 100 Gs a beat, I mean he's worth a 100Gs a
beat, they gonna sell enough copies for him to make 100 Gs, but he ain't gettin paid believe me, mark my words, he ain't gettin paid like the neptunes. Like Rodney Jerkins, he produces R&B, he gets 150-200 Gs a TRACK! Dre ain't gettin that! And even though like I said Dre is worth it, but he ain't gettin that. If we name all the artists Dre produced for recently, 50 Cent ain't payed 100 Gs for these tracks, Dre gave him those beats! He might have got 40 or 50 a beat because Interscope probably paid him.. All in all Dre ain't even workin for no outside people that would! Anybody thats big enough to pay 100 Gs for a Dre track, if they do they stupid because like if Tony Braxton want a Dre beat, all she has to do is say "look Dre I'll do you a favor you'll give me a beat" Or they gonna get it discounted, that's why I say The Neptunes are really gettin 100 Gs a beat. But that's just because I give credit where credit is due, I don't say nothing against Dre dog, Dre is the greatest producer that ever touched the game, but because of alotta reasons, not because he's the best beat maker right now because he's not. And I know it, I swear to god I know it. He gets dope beats from all the dope niggas that's out there! He gets beats from Battlecat, he gets beats from Jelly Roll, and he changes them up a little bit and putsh is name on
them. He gets beats from this little nigga named Ryan. He plays in the church, he plays in the fuckin church, and this dude named Focus, he was makin beats at his house, and he was so killer, somebody took a beat to Dre, like listen to this beat. And he was like "Who made that?" Listens to this other one and he was so dope Dre was like "Man bring him to me!" You understand what I'm sayin? But Dre is smart, that's smart, that's how I am, I can't produce a beat, I'ma be like Dr. Dre, I'ma hook up wit every dope producer and put it out under my jurisdiction!

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/badazz/

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
bad azz was probably just pissed that he didnt get a dre beat

Okka

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 12:06:43 PM »

Yeah, he probably was and that's why he told the truth about what's goin' on behind closed doors.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 12:12:52 PM »
Aint other people brought that up before.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »

Yeah, he probably was and that's why he told the truth about what's goin' on behind closed doors.
he sounds bitter, thats not hard to tell. its too bad theres no audio available for the interview, im sure it would have been more obvious.

at the end of the day, he went on tour with the fraud

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
Why do some people on here refuse to believe anythin negative about Dre.

Okka

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »
Why do some people on here refuse to believe anythin negative about Dre.

That's what i wonder too. I mean, even Snoop Dogg has said that Dre has other people makin' beats for him and still some people won't believe it.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 01:36:39 PM »
After all the bullshit Khalill>Dre comments, I stand by my statement. "Aint nobody checkin for Khalil".  Please. Thanks NIKCC and the other real hip hop heads for holding it down..K.P. must stand for Khalil's Punk, Pussy,Piece I guess. Khalil could put out a CD of instrumentals with months of promotion and no one would give a fuck. Dude is a very good Beatmaker..Hip Hop Hooray. I give him credit for that cause hip hop needs beatmakers...Maybe he will hire K.P. and the rest of the Khalil Dreamers on this board.   

its thats serious huh?  lol

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
dubcnn.com : The Neptunes ain't as dope as Dre though man..

Shiiit.. It's opinionated, I ain't gonna try and force my opinion on you, but I say it, write it down in my interview, Bad Azz said The Neptunes are as dope as Dr. Dre. And I didn't say doper, and they're new, they ain't as old as Dre, but on me, they PRODUCED all they songs, Dre don't produce all his songs, look Dre gets props for songs that he didn't produce! So who's doper? The Neptunes produce allllll they're songs, Dre gets props for.. Focus produces Dre songs, Mel Man produces Dre songs, Daz produced Dre songs, Warren G has produced Dre songs, like remember that Watcher song? Dre didn't do that beat! Dre did not do that beat! 50% of the shit Dre does, he doesn't really do! He has this little kid named Ryan right now, that nigga is DOPE as fuck! He has this guy named Focus that produces beats.. You know who else like got a song compilation wit Dre.. Khalil, Khalil has been producin for Dre. Dre needs dope producers, and he'll take a rough track that they did and he'll fix it up and he produced it. The Neptunes are way doper than Dre, Battlecat is way doper, I'm talkin' about niggas like Jelly Roll, that produce, really produce they're own tracks. Did you hear that song Jelly Roll produced for Dre? On the Wash soundtrack? Comon now, Dr. Dre hasn't made a beat that dope in years, and that's Jelly Roll! But people think Dre did it! Even The Wash, what about that, that's the last beat Dre did that I can honestly say Dre did, and that's a sample! Dre did that, that's a Dre beat, but c'mon man I can name a gang of beats that are tighter than that that people think Dre did, so I feel you when you say like "Dre! He's the greatest!" but believe me man, alotta these young niggas are doper than him, but he has the credit, he as the power, he's the man, he's the credible producer that says "I did more work, I did produce more songs than you guys" So it's not like these niggas ain't better, caues Jelly Roll, I'ma be honest with you, Jelly Roll, BattleCat, Fredwreck, The Neptunes, Just
Blaze, those niggas are fuckin wit Dre man. And these new dope ass producers that are really makin the hits right now, they fuckin wit him man! Mel Man..have you heard Mel Mans shit?

dubcnn.com : Of course!

Mel Man is fuckin vicious, and now Mel Mans still produces shit that Dre gets credit for right now! And that's why I say The Neptunes is nobody that produces for them! The Neptunes are Chad, Hugo and Pharrell Williams and thats it. They make ALL the beats, that little chinese dude thats behind Pharell, he makes, he programs beats, Pharell does the keyboard and the hook, and that's the beat. And they produce for Michael Jackson, they produce for Justin Timberlake, they killin Dre! They REALLY get 100Gs a track, Dre don't get 100 Gs a track! From who? Who does Dre sell? He sellin to Eminem for 100 Gs a track? Nooo, he GIVIN Eminem beats? Snoop ain't buyin no tracks from Dre for 100 Gs, The Neptunes are really sellin beats to people for 100 Gs. Pass The Courvoisier, they got 100 Gs for that, Beautiful, they got 100 Gs for that, that other song Snoop did, they got a 100 Gs for that. They got $200,000 from Snoop for his record, for that. Dre ain't gettin paid like that! He's not, I swear to god, and the reason why I say that is that Dre makes DEAL. Like Jay-Z is gonna say look Dre, gimme 2 beats I'll write you two verses. So he ain't gettin 100 Gs a beat, I mean he's worth a 100Gs a
beat, they gonna sell enough copies for him to make 100 Gs, but he ain't gettin paid believe me, mark my words, he ain't gettin paid like the neptunes. Like Rodney Jerkins, he produces R&B, he gets 150-200 Gs a TRACK! Dre ain't gettin that! And even though like I said Dre is worth it, but he ain't gettin that. If we name all the artists Dre produced for recently, 50 Cent ain't payed 100 Gs for these tracks, Dre gave him those beats! He might have got 40 or 50 a beat because Interscope probably paid him.. All in all Dre ain't even workin for no outside people that would! Anybody thats big enough to pay 100 Gs for a Dre track, if they do they stupid because like if Tony Braxton want a Dre beat, all she has to do is say "look Dre I'll do you a favor you'll give me a beat" Or they gonna get it discounted, that's why I say The Neptunes are really gettin 100 Gs a beat. But that's just because I give credit where credit is due, I don't say nothing against Dre dog, Dre is the greatest producer that ever touched the game, but because of alotta reasons, not because he's the best beat maker right now because he's not. And I know it, I swear to god I know it. He gets dope beats from all the dope niggas that's out there! He gets beats from Battlecat, he gets beats from Jelly Roll, and he changes them up a little bit and putsh is name on
them. He gets beats from this little nigga named Ryan. He plays in the church, he plays in the fuckin church, and this dude named Focus, he was makin beats at his house, and he was so killer, somebody took a beat to Dre, like listen to this beat. And he was like "Who made that?" Listens to this other one and he was so dope Dre was like "Man bring him to me!" You understand what I'm sayin? But Dre is smart, that's smart, that's how I am, I can't produce a beat, I'ma be like Dr. Dre, I'ma hook up wit every dope producer and put it out under my jurisdiction!

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/badazz/

what Bad Azz fails to realize is that there's a whole lot more to producing than just making a beat....thats what I was saying earlier. If u wanna say Khalil produced "Kush", you might as well say Warren G+Daz produced "Doggystyle" and Mel Man+Scott Storch produced "2001"...but at the end of the day, without Dre's signature touches, those beats would be just good, not great, and those albums would not have been amongst the greatests of all time...I've noticed that lately, Dre has felt inclined to give other producers credit on tracks that he would've taken production credits for back in the days.. but ears don't lie, it's obvious who does the bulk of the work on those productions. On top of that, Baz Azz definitely sounds bitter over something, as he's giving Dre a lot less credit than he deserves...Dre takes a beat that woiuld be a 5/10, puts his touches on it, gives it his signature sound, and makes it a 10/10...

At the end of the day, Dre could makes classics without Khalil...Khalil can not make classics without Dre. Dre is the GOAT when it comes to perfecting a beat and he has a signature sound on all of his productions, so to sit there and act like he just jacks beats is a joke...if anything, he ghost-produces beats just as much as he "jacks" 'em, so that shit evens out. Case in point, "Dogg Food"...Daz hasn't done anything on that level since Dre "mixed" those beats. Dre=GOAT. Khalil=dope, but not amongst the greatests.

Okka

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2011, 02:39:29 PM »
Khalil has made classic beats before he was with Dre.

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
Khalil has made classic beats before he was with Dre.

he's made some bangers...i duno about classic. people throw that word around 2 freely.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »
nik stays losing. for a jew you cant argue very well

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.