Author Topic: khalil > dre  (Read 2371 times)

Sccit

Re: khalil > dre
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2011, 03:00:35 PM »
not arguing...stating facts

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »
whatever jew say

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
Dead this. There's no comparison once you are looking at who has been better the past few years. The past few years Khalil has made better productions than Dre. And the best productions Dre has been involved in has been with the assistance of Khalil where most of the time he isn't even the primary producer. Cmon now, even the die hard Dre stans have been shitting on his recent work. That alone tells you who is the better producer now.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »
Dre's beats have been shitty for years now irrespective of who's been doing them.

The few Khalil beats I've heard recently are horrible as well. He had the worst track on Raekwon's most recent release, it completely killed the flow of the album.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:10:21 PM by No Compute »

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
Dead this. There's no comparison once you are looking at who has been better the past few years. The past few years Khalil has made better productions than Dre. And the best productions Dre has been involved in has been with the assistance of Khalil where most of the time he isn't even the primary producer. Cmon now, even the die hard Dre stans have been shitting on his recent work. That alone tells you who is the better producer now.

I don't like Dre's recent LEAKS (with the exception of "Topless"), but Khalil cannot perfect a sound like Dre. Most of the leaks we got were supposedly produced by Khalil, and they sound too pop influenced. You can tell those songs are incomplete, though, so we never heard them the way Dre intended us to hear them. Only "Kush" was released with Dre's finishing touches, and that beat shits on anything Khalil can do without the help of Dre...nowadays, almost anyone can make a beat that bumps, but i haven't heard any of these producers actually produce a beat that sounds crisp+clean and can bump like a Dre production. DJ Quik is up there, but those 2 stand alone. After "Detox" is released, we can have this discussion, but as of now, Dre has not released enough finished material to be compared to Khalil currently, so while Khalil might have him beat in quantity, he aint even close in quality.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »

I don't like Dre's recent LEAKS (with the exception of "Topless"), but Khalil cannot perfect a sound like Dre. Most of the leaks we got were supposedly produced by Khalil, and they sound too pop influenced. You can tell those songs are incomplete, though, so we never heard them the way Dre intended us to hear them. Only "Kush" was released with Dre's finishing touches, and that beat shits on anything Khalil can do without the help of Dre...nowadays, almost anyone can make a beat that bumps, but i haven't heard any of these producers actually produce a beat that sounds crisp+clean and can bump like a Dre production. DJ Quik is up there, but those 2 stand alone. After "Detox" is released, we can have this discussion, but as of now, Dre has not released enough finished material to be compared to Khalil currently, so while Khalil might have him beat in quantity, he aint even close in quality.

What songs has Dre "perfected" in recent years? Kush was produced by Khalil. Check. "PRODUCED" by Khalil. And that's the ONLY song from Dre people on here were remotely feeling. Where are these Dre productions to prove he's even relevant? Like name even one.  Quality-wise, Khalil songs >>> Dre songs, any idiot can see that.

:Here's a Khalil production from this year that needs zero help being perfected.
: Here's a song that bangs harder than anything Dre produced during that time

You're just in denial.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:48:55 PM by SPICE NONE »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »
Also lol @ judging a production by its "crispiness." That may be Dre's style but it doesn't make him a better producer over others. RZA and Primo are two elite producers who don't care about the "crispiness" of their productions at all. Last time I checked, mixing and mastering are separate from producing.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
alot of better beatmakres than Dre --- J Dilla, Khalil, etc etc
but as far as producing "songs", Dres the best there is, period

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2011, 05:49:45 PM »

What songs has Dre "perfected" in recent years? Kush was produced by Khalil. Check. "PRODUCED" by Khalil. And that's the ONLY song from Dre people on here were remotely feeling. Where are these Dre productions to prove he's even relevant? Like name even one.  Quality-wise, Khalil songs >>> Dre songs, any idiot can see that.

:Here's a Khalil production from this year that needs zero help being perfected.

You're just in denial.

Like I said, "Kush" was produced by Dre just as much as any track on "2001"...the critics have gotten to Dre so much that he's decided to only take credit for mixing, when he obviously did a lot more for the beat. Those songs u just posted don't even come close to the classics Dre has produced...Bottom line, Khalil has a long way to go before he reaches Dre's status. the fact that Dre hasn't even released songs in years and is still relevant speaks for itself. If Khalil stopped making songs for as long as Dre has no one would know who the fuck he even was.

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »
Also lol @ judging a production by its "crispiness." That may be Dre's style but it doesn't make him a better producer over others. RZA and Primo are two elite producers who don't care about the "crispiness" of their productions at all. Last time I checked, mixing and mastering are separate from producing.

Dre structures a beat like no other...this is indeed a part of producing. Primo and RZA have perfected the raw sound, but neither are as good as Dre at producing.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »
bishop lamont - send a nigga home (prod by dj khalil)
Evidence - All Said & Done feat. Kobe (prod by dj khalil)
Strong Arm Steady - Rize (prod by dj khalil)
The Game - My Bitch (prod by dj khalil)

all better then any dre beat made in the last decade.  But they have different styles so to each its own

Okka

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2011, 07:29:48 PM »
Like I said, "Kush" was produced by Dre just as much as any track on "2001"...the critics have gotten to Dre so much that he's decided to only take credit for mixing, when he obviously did a lot more for the beat. Those songs u just posted don't even come close to the classics Dre has produced...Bottom line, Khalil has a long way to go before he reaches Dre's status. the fact that Dre hasn't even released songs in years and is still relevant speaks for itself. If Khalil stopped making songs for as long as Dre has no one would know who the fuck he even was.

Dre is takin' credit for mixing because that's what he did. It's simple as that.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »
Beat making is most important element in my opinion. I mean if the melodies are shitty or don't have a harmony.. no amount of mixing or "producing" will make it sound good. That's all there is to it...

Sikotic™

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2011, 10:17:55 PM »
alot of better beatmakres than Dre --- J Dilla, Khalil, etc etc
but as far as producing "songs", Dres the best there is, period
I agree in the overall grand scheme of things.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 10:18:56 PM »

You're just in denial.

lmao so now you're that desperate to have to guess at Dre productions when it was clearly credited to someone else. Your fanboyism is amazing. Why would you credit it to dr dre when everything else says otherwise? Because it sounds like a dre beat? You do realize that Khalil made the beat specifically for dre right?

As far the songs I've posted not being on the level of Dre's classics. Definitely not. Dre in his prime was damn near untouchable, definitely not by Khalil. But Dre's last classic was over 10 years ago. Again, the topic is who is the better producer today. Everyone falls off, and what Dre has done in the past few years shows us exactly that. He's not close to the producer he once was. I don't even put Khalil in the top 10 producers today, but he's definitely putting out better productions than dre is.