Author Topic: The Game - "Hood Morning (No Typo) Candy Coronas" Now Available  (Read 2697 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: The Game - "Hood Morning (No Typo) Candy Coronas" Now Available
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »
I keep hearing the word filler when used with his mixtapes. I would hope so and less filler on the album. Game seems to do mixtapes backwards lol. His dope shit is on his albums and the rest on mixtapes. You have alot of artists that drop near classic material on mixtapes and by the time their album comes out they blew their load already (no homo).
not sure about that. i think he dropped some album worthy material for free, so im not buying into the 'im saving the best stuff for the album' talk.

I keep hearing the word filler when used with his mixtapes. I would hope so and less filler on the album.

EXACTLY, never understood how people talk about "filler" on mixtapes
well i think its good that he released a lot of songs for free, but the quality is mainly average

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »
I keep hearing the word filler when used with his mixtapes. I would hope so and less filler on the album. Game seems to do mixtapes backwards lol. His dope shit is on his albums and the rest on mixtapes. You have alot of artists that drop near classic material on mixtapes and by the time their album comes out they blew their load already (no homo).
not sure about that. i think he dropped some album worthy material for free, so im not buying into the 'im saving the best stuff for the album' talk.

I keep hearing the word filler when used with his mixtapes. I would hope so and less filler on the album.

well i think its good that he released a lot of songs for free, but the quality is mainly average

That's my point though. Mixtapes- Game should drop the stuff that he feels is average or did not make the album. Album- The best of the best at least to Game. After it drops then that is debatable. I think he has given out soooo much free music and for the most part it's been quality that people are even upping their expectations for his mixtapes.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2011, 03:34:02 PM »
 8)  :o "Mr. West" and "grave yard" plus the town about to bump this in the ride though i had to listen to shitty youtube on my blackberry while on vacation

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 01:31:34 AM »

That's my point though. Mixtapes- Game should drop the stuff that he feels is average or did not make the album. Album- The best of the best at least to Game. After it drops then that is debatable. I think he has given out soooo much free music and for the most part it's been quality that people are even upping their expectations for his mixtapes.
i dont see the point in releasing average material, free or not

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 02:46:40 AM »

if game wants to put wack shit on his mixtape that's his business. But other rappers have raised the bar as far as what a mixtape is supposed to be. Who wants to hear halfass shit, even if its free? Imo a mixtape should be of the extra songs that didn't fit the album or just didn't make it, but are still good. If its filler its not worth hearing and you should scrap the shit.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 03:42:24 AM »
Purp & Patron is my favourite mixtape of all time, but this is average at best.

hitsaw

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 12:41:43 PM »
shit is fuckin dope, that song wit yelawolf is real good,

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 01:09:27 PM »
Purp & Patron is my favourite mixtape of all time, but this is average at best.

lmao.

ever heard Game's old mixtapes? like way back?

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »
not worth a dl
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2011, 07:33:46 PM »
I liked the tape, it was definately a different tone than the last two mixtapes. Not saying its better or worse just a different feel to it but I liked it. I am looking forward to R.E.D. and I know it will deliver. I noticed someone on here said that artists have raised the bar for mixtapes and that filler tracks should be scrapped. You made it seem like Game is the one that needs to step his shit up but you couldnt be more wrong. Game is one of if not the main guy in the industry who is responsible for stepping up the quality of mixtapes. Everyone raves about Weezy and Jeezy and all these motherfuckers but their mixtapes are shit compared to Game. Hell Games mixtapes were better than Weezy's Carter III in my opinion.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »
I liked the tape, it was definately a different tone than the last two mixtapes. Not saying its better or worse just a different feel to it but I liked it. I am looking forward to R.E.D. and I know it will deliver. I noticed someone on here said that artists have raised the bar for mixtapes and that filler tracks should be scrapped. You made it seem like Game is the one that needs to step his shit up but you couldnt be more wrong. Game is one of if not the main guy in the industry who is responsible for stepping up the quality of mixtapes. Everyone raves about Weezy and Jeezy and all these motherfuckers but their mixtapes are shit compared to Game. Hell Games mixtapes were better than Weezy's Carter III in my opinion.
+1

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
Hell Games mixtapes were better than Weezy's Carter III in my opinion.

Well I'm not a lil Wayne fan but I'm sure lil Wayne fans would disagree. They were raving about C3. As a Game fan I'm disappointed in his mixtapes and that he's been dropping way too much filler on them. I don't want to hear his wack attempts to appeal to the south. Some of these tracks don't deserve to see the light of day.

h2k4

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »
It's a cool mixtape.  Not as good as P&P and the Hangover but still good.  Surprisingly, I'm liking the song with Gucci Mane.  Will give this tape a few more spins and see how I feel about it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 09:03:41 PM »
I didn't like murda game chronicles, break lights, or red room. But other than that I'm not seeing how you can hate on his mixtapes. Ykwii vol 3, ghost unit, and sssl alone were better than the albums guys like jadakiss and fabolous released.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Shot Callin

• Lil Geezy
  • Shot Callin'
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »
awesome! downloading this right now.