Author Topic: DOC starts his return to the top  (Read 1692 times)

HighEyeCue

Lunatic

Re: DOC starts his return to the top
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »
DOC had a kid with Badu? I never knew that
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

shmosh

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »
Good to know Dre listened to Snoop and has DOC & Snoop back in the studio to work with.

But DOC moving back to Cali for 6 months to 'complete work'? Well that means Detox won't be coming out in November/December then!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:43:30 PM by shmosh »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
As much as I like DOC, at this point he (or anyone else for that matter) won't make a difference with Detox. Its on Dre to actually release it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 05:51:16 PM »
Great article. The D.O.C. should be considered one of the all time greats in the game, and it is unfortunate that most of his work is overlooked or at times never even acknowledged. That being said, it's like GangstaBoogy just mentioned, at the end of the day it's Dre's album. Trying to please everyone involved both creatively and on a business level is damn near impossible.

"He's pretty fucking close," D.O.C. says, adding that he plans to move back to L.A. for six months — time enough, he contends, to complete the work.

I got the message, too.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:56:09 PM by Larrabee »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:59 PM »
Why should DOC be considered one of Hip Hop's greats? Because of 1 classic album?

Dude is the Penny Hardaway of rap. Yes they were amazing when they were younger but injuries plagued their careers.

To me DOC, Big Pun, and other guys like that can't be considered greats because they didn't deliver enough material (which I know sounds harsh since it was through no faults of their own). But its not fair to a guy like Nas who had to fight his whole career and release several dope albums to be considered great to be in the same class with guys who dropped 1 classic then that was all.

"What if" stories are always entertaining but never valid. 

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »
Why should DOC be considered one of Hip Hop's greats? Because of 1 classic album?

Dude is the Penny Hardaway of rap. Yes they were amazing when they were younger but injuries plagued their careers.

To me DOC, Big Pun, and other guys like that can't be considered greats because they didn't deliver enough material (which I know sounds harsh since it was through no faults of their own). But its not fair to a guy like Nas who had to fight his whole career and release several dope albums to be considered great to be in the same class with guys who dropped 1 classic then that was all.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. If you factor in artists whose careers were cut short, then it does raise questions...I see your point though.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
Oh it definetely raises questions. Especially with DOC because of what happened with Ruthless / Death Row after NOCDIB dropped. For all we know Doggystyle could've been his sophmore album.

Damn now that's something to think about...

www.ClintDogg.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 09:44:30 PM »
DOC had a kid with Badu? I never knew that

lol it was common knowledge. U need to get out a bit more i think.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I</a>
All my songs with Kokane, Ms. Toi, Mac Shawn100, Top Dogg etc on iTunes. & Amazon.
Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas, OUT NOW!...

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »
DOC is one of the greats, a west coast pioneer...anyone who doesnt get that doesn't understand how important his role in west coast rap was.

anyways, did he ever get that procedure to fix his vocal chords? i heard he was entertaining a surgery that would restore his voice to 90% or some shit...what ever happened with that?

Lucifuge

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »

He write hip hop classics for other peaople, thats make him one of the best ever. Legend.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

sofdark

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 11:52:10 PM »
I like Gangstaboogy's Penny Hardaway comparison. No doubt D.O.C is a legend but he can't be in same catagory with guys like Nas.

If Nas died after Illmatic, shit I could only imagine.

sofdark

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 11:53:39 PM »
DOC is one of the greats, a west coast pioneer...anyone who doesnt get that doesn't understand how important his role in west coast rap was.

anyways, did he ever get that procedure to fix his vocal chords? i heard he was entertaining a surgery that would restore his voice to 90% or some shit...what ever happened with that?

hes laggin on that surgery. I just wanna hear him rap over dre beat with I'm Back!! type of shit.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
I like Gangstaboogy's Penny Hardaway comparison. No doubt D.O.C is a legend but he can't be in same catagory with guys like Nas.

If Nas died after Illmatic, shit I could only imagine.

thats not a good comparison...penny hardaway couldnt do shit after he got injured. DOC (along with Dre) helped create the signature sound of the west coast and pioneered west coast gangsta rap, even after the accident.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »
going to Alcoholics Anonymous and settling down in his home life.
hes late, but he better stick to it.
In June, D.O.C. traveled to a Sacramento hospital for a series of tests to see if his body could handle the surgery. He's still awaiting the results, but says he feels optimistic.
interesting.

D.O.C. says he receives about $20,000 per year in writer's royalties. This is, of course, only a fraction of what he's owed, considering that the works he contributed to continue to sell well. Until recently the majority of even this modest sum went to the IRS, owing to unpaid back taxes. He says that a combination of loyalty, ignorance and substance abuse issues kept him from legally pursuing his publishing credits over the years.
lol, last time he said he didnt earn anything.

But now he's ready for a new day. He has paired up with a crackerjack PR rep named Chad Kiser
congrats chad :)
Good to know Dre listened to Snoop and has DOC & Snoop back in the studio to work with.

But DOC moving back to Cali for 6 months to 'complete work'? Well that means Detox won't be coming out in November/December then!!
what else did you expect? after the preview of Die hard, nothing happened.