Author Topic: RIOTS IN LONDON (london iz on fire)  (Read 1611 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: RIOTS IN LONDON (london iz on fire)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
PECKHAM

A woman and small child were taken by ambulance to hospital with burns and breathing difficulties after a shop below their flat was set ablaze.
The pair were seen screaming above Greggs bakery in the High Street as youths wearing balaclavas carried homemade Molotov cocktails through the streets.
Riot police with shields charged at rioters before two fire engines arrived at the scene.

Hundreds of teenagers had earlier smashed up a bus before setting it on fire. Wheelie bins were also set alight and placed in the middle of the road.
A line of police stood helpless a quarter of a mile away in Rye Lane.
A terrified wife also told how her rugby-playing husband was dragged off his motorbike by 12 hooded youths who beat him up and took his bike.
Another witness to the violence, teacher Matthew Yeoland, 43, said: 'There’s been tension for a long time. The kids aren’t happy. They hate the police.'

He added: 'For the kids, it’s their only way of venting their anger.
'They've all got BlackBerrys and gangs have got together.
'It’s like a war zone and the police weren't doing anything. There were too many people and not enough police.'

ENFIELD

Around 40 firefighters are tackling a large blaze at a warehouse in Enfield, London Fire Brigade confirmed.
The building, believed to be a Sony CD distribution centre, erupted in flames just before midnight last night before partially collapsing, according to a LFB spokesman.
Eyewitnesses described how they saw a gang of around 20 looters leaving the warehouse, in Solar Way, north-east Enfield, with electrical goods before the fire took hold.

Paul Lewis, a journalist for the Guardian, told the BBC that large plumes of smoke could be seen coming from the 70 metre building which had partially collapsed.
'This is further evidence of the riot spreading in all directions really,' he said.
A eyewitness, named as 'Tommy', also told the BBC how he saw a number of looters leaving the warehouse with electrical goods before the blaze took hold.
He said he was punched by the culprits as the fled the scene.
Scotland Yard confirmed officers were working with colleagues from LFB at the scene of the fire.

CAMDEN

Parts of Camden Town were in lockdown last night, as rioters and looters filled the streets.

Chalk Farm Road was closed off as thieves started to trash a Sainsbury’s and Evans cycle shop.

Audience members attending a show at the Roundhouse in Camden were kept inside the venue under police instructions and Camden Town tube station was shut early.
Police faced running battles with youths who pelted them with bottles, bricks and sticks, while others looted several shops.
ELSEWHERE IN LONDONIn Ealing people were being forced out of their cars by rioters who then set them alight.
In Notting Hill, The Michelin starred restaurant The Ledbury was attacked and dinners were mugged, before thugs were chased off by kitchen staff.
There were reports on Twitter of yobs wielding machetes in Notting Hill. 

Sloane Square Tube station was among dozens that were closed last night during the unrest.

A Tube worker said marauding gangs had been targeting designer clothing and jewellery stores.

In Kensington High Street armed officers from the Met's diplomatic protection unit stood by an abandoned bus.

The windscreen of the double decker had been smashed.

Disturbances were also last night reported in Woolwich and Lewisham and have also been seen in Oxford Circus, Brixton, Waltham Forest, Islington, Clapham Junction and Poinders End.

BRISTOL

Copycat rioters rampaged through Bristol today with police chiefs warning of 'volatile' scenes in the city centre.

More than 150 young rioters were causing disruption in the areas of St Paul's and Stokes Croft, the scene of rioting earlier this year amid anger over a new Tesco store.
People were warned to stay clear of the city centre as police launched efforts to bring the scenes under control.
A number of shops and vehicles have been damaged, an Avon and Somerset police spokeswoman said.
Several main roads have been closed 'to allow officers to take control of what is currently a volatile situation'.
'Officers are urging people to avoid the city centre at this time,' she said in a statement.
People already in the city centre should leave the area and go home, she added.
Chief Superintendent Jon Stratford said: 'We have been working closely with other forces and criminal behaviour like this will not be tolerated.
'We were hoping this type of disorder would not come to Bristol. However we have plenty of units on duty ready to respond.
'Our primary concern is to keep people safe and minimise disruption to residents, motorists and local businesses.
'We will always respect the right of any individual or group to take part in a peaceful protest.
'But when disorder occurs, we have a duty to the wider community to do everything we can to calm the situation and restore order and prevent criminality.'

LIVERPOOL

Merseyside Police said it had been dealing with 'a number of isolated outbreaks of disorder', including burning cars and criminal damage, in the south Liverpool area.
A witness in north Liverpool described scenes of mass violence in the city.
Riot police were working to contain a crowd of about 300 people, many of whom were youths with their heads and faces covered, according to the witness.

The witness said: 'They are stopping cars, pulling people out of the cars, then setting fire to the vehicles. Every car they have walked past has been absolutely trashed, with all of the windows smashed.
'Literally hundreds of cars have been damaged.
'Police look like they’re trying to get them penned in.'
He added that a branch of Tesco had been looted and then set on fire by the rioters.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »
Centuries of business up in flames: The family-run furniture shop razed to the ground by rioters' fire
*House of Reeves, established in 1867, is now just a charred shell
*Family owners say 'Our lives have been ruined by the fire'

The building that poured flames through the streets of Croydon as the London riots raged had stood for more than 100 years.
House of Reeves is a family-run independent furniture store which was so ingrained in the community that the spot on which it stood - Reeves Corner - is actually named after the store.
The escalating disorder in London began in Tottenham and the carpet shop and apartment complex which provided such stark images when it was set ablaze was also a Victorian building that had survived the ravages of war and time.

But neither building was able to escape the rioting which has engulfed London and House of Reeves owners tonight said their lives had been ruined by the fire.
Trevor Reeves told Sky News: 'It has just provided (for) my family and the 15 or 20 staff and families that were supported, it's just completely destroyed.
'Words fail me. It's just gone, it's five generations. My father is distraught at the moment. It's just mindless thuggery.'

His brother Graham added: 'Our lives are destroyed, it will probably be someone else next week. It's horrendous, 35 years I have been down here.'
He said the business was established in 1867, but he now had 'nothing', adding: 'Everything is just gone, we have just got nothing left.
'I was in the Brixton riots but this is worse. My life is destroyed.'

Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell said: 'I'm sickened to see this happening in my town. My first instinct is sympathy for the businesses and residents who have been directly affected by what's happened.
'The main building which was seen on fire at Reeves Corner is a family business called Reeves, which has been there for a century, and it's been completely destroyed.
'The people responsible for this wanton violence need to be brought to justice.'
Mr Barwell, who has lived in Croydon all his life, said he was trying to speak to the Home Secretary to urgently discuss police resources.
He said: 'The Met Police and fire brigade need to be given resources from other parts of the country to make sure that another night of this violence does not take place.'
Several blazes were seen across Croydon, with plumes of smoke rising from the buildings, prompting outrage from local residents.
Pub landlord Alan McCabe told the BBC: 'I have never seen such a disregard for human life. I hope they rot in hell.
'The grief they have caused people, the fear they have put in people's hearts, decent people who have done nothing to anyone.'
Simon Hoar, cabinet member for community safety at Croydon Council, said: 'It is an absolute disgrace. It has nothing to do with any issues these people have. These are pure common thieves more interested in getting a free telly.'
Mike Fisher, leader of Croydon Council, said: 'I am disgusted by the mindless hooliganism displayed by the criminal element that has come to Croydon.
'Businesses that have been around in Croydon for more than 100 years have been destroyed just because these morons think it is all right.
'The council will do all that it can to assist the police in bringing these people to book. It is simply not acceptable.'

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »

ALL THIS MESS JUST BECAUSE THIS FUCKER HAS BEEN SHOT

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 12:30:21 AM »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 01:16:42 AM »
Damn, if that happened in my city, I'd take a sickie off work to go grab me a new telly, lol.

Fraxxx

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:24 AM »
Damn, if that happened in my city, I'd take a sickie off work to go grab me a new telly, lol.

I bet there are two or three more in that lootpack who had the same idea.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 02:30:52 AM »
Fucking immigrants :P

half of them are not even immigrants

But in the pictures most are

LMAO. You've never been in london i guess.  Do you really think they are immigrants just because they are black ?

No. I just wanted to generalize. I could've also called them "people who have non-European ancestors". Would that be okay?

It's not about where they are born, it's their ethnicity. Blacks and arabs have a higher tendency to be aggressive deliquents.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fraxxx

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:18 AM »

LMAO. You've never been in london i guess.  Do you really think they are immigrants just because they are black ?

No. I just wanted to generalize. I could've also called them "people who have non-European ancestors". Would that be okay?

It's not about where they are born, it's their ethnicity. Blacks and arabs have a higher tendency to be aggressive deliquents.

Source?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 02:41:52 AM »

LMAO. You've never been in london i guess.  Do you really think they are immigrants just because they are black ?

Source?

Reality basically. It's very obvious if you just look at the world. Political correctness does its best to hide it, obviously no university would ever teach it in social studies. Empiricism is blatant though. But let's not have a discussion about reality when it really is about ideology to you.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fraxxx

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 02:54:11 AM »

LMAO. You've never been in london i guess.  Do you really think they are immigrants just because they are black ?

Source?

Reality basically. It's very obvious if you just look at the world. Political correctness does its best to hide it, obviously no university would ever teach it in social studies. Empiricism is blatant though. But let's not have a discussion about reality when it really is about ideology to you.

I'm from Berlin, born in Neukölln. You're right, I'd rather not have this discussion with someone who don't know about the reality there.

BTW, what about East Europeans, Russians, Slavs in general. Similar problematic genetic background?

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 02:57:04 AM »
The uk police looks like they don't know what to do to handle the situation, i don't know why they can't use water cannons.
Or just act like the police in america.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 03:02:28 AM »

idiot of the day^^^^. i'd like to see his face when the police will run into his apartment  :D :loser:

bouli77

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 03:05:06 AM »
that's what struck me too... the police don't look too bold lol. wtf.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 03:21:01 AM »
that's what struck me too... the police don't look too bold lol. wtf.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4pcbiO4flY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/v4pcbiO4flY</a>

think about the same situation with the police in america....

wardy

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 05:29:18 AM »
Now its spread to parts of Liverpool, Bristol & Birmingham. Also disturbances in Leeds, Kent & Nottingham. The police though have allowed 2 high profile troubled football matches to go ahead tonight. Leeds V Bradford & Notts Forest V Notts County. This shit is gonna make it even worse in Leeds & Notingham.