Author Topic: Infinite this song might soften your unjustified hatred for Messy Marv...  (Read 803 times)

Al Bundy

i thought you people figured out that you can't have a coherent argument with infant and nikkie  ::)

Sccit

^yet 3 different people agreed with me in this thread...slap yaself.

Quadruple OG

lmao stupid article. So if I'm in New York I'm not gonna want to listen to Warren G? That's stupid logic. It's not where I'm at, its MOOD that determines what i want to listen to.

The manner in which you live your life has little to do with music either. Someone being a computer nerd isn't going to stop them from loving hardcore gangsta rap. Point of reference? Lol the vast majority of this forum idolizes gangsta rap from California, a region which they have never been and know little about. When they get off this forum they go and speak in German/French/Italian to their family members about shit having zilch to do with California or its music. Infinite, you yourself probably grew up in a typical white Christian family and at some point fell in love with African culture. That in itself is proof that people choose their own interests, and many times its not based at all on point of reference or personal experience.

Good job at contradicting yourself.

How so? You paraphrase an article claiming perspective and environment play a huge role in the music we like and I just explained how it doesn't. Even using your own tastes as an example. If you can love 2Pac's music, which has nothing to do with your own environment, then there's no reason you can't at least listen to a Messy song. If you can love west coast Death Row artists without living in California then obviously environment doesn't play a big role in your music tastes. If you can love Distant Relatives and visiting Africa, despite being a white guy from a middle class family then obviously point of reference isn't that important.

lol, u don't get it...it's not about where ur from or how u grew up, it's about the environment ur in as ur listening to the music, the mood ur in as ur listening to the music, ur surroundings as ur listening to the music. these all have an affect on how u hear the song and how u mentally/emotionally perceive it at that very moment. it's like the difference between hearin a sad song at a funeral, or a sad song at ur birthday party.. ur likely to enjoy and feel certain songs more under certain circumstances. don't u get it? lmao...ur blabberin about nothin.

Did you even read what Infinite posted? He clearly mentions where and how a person grew up:     "What a person percieves as reality is completely dependent on that person's point of reference and differs accordingly.  The point of reference can be anything from where you may live (e.g. Compton, Queens, suburbs, hood), to the manner in which you live your life (e.g. gangster, lover, book worm, etc.).   The Principle of Relativity is a principle addressing the diversity of human experiences.  Nothing reflects the formation of opinions as art does."

I'm replying directly to what he posted. You haven't been paying attention. And you still don't get it. It's mood that matters, not environment. When you're at a funeral you're usually feelings sad, that's why you would want to listen to a sad song.

And Brian, even with that article you still haven't explained why you won't listen to the song.

for most people, environment dictates mood, mood dictates perception. not rocket science.

Wrong. Most people bump whatever is in the top 40, not based on where they live. I just gave the example of Europeans loving Death Row music. Warren G has more fans in Europe than he does here in Cali.

right...and most people are stupid sheep. wtf is ur point? it has less to do with where u live and more to do with the setting ur in. europeans like death row music not cuz they can relate to the content, but because a lot of it is feel-good, upbeat music that bumps. people can relate to the sounds of music, not just the content. "california love", for instance, gives off a party vibe that every1 on the dance-floor can relate to. but when ur on the way to visit a family member at the hospital, ur less likely to be bumpin "california love" on the way...get it yet?

Because of mood not environment. Regardless of whether you're on the way to visit someone in the hospital or sitting on the beach getting a phone call that someone is in the hospital, you're still going to feel the same.

Music tastes change, and its not based on environment. Rap fans in California loved the Death Row sound in the 90s, now they don't. Environment is still the same. If I moved to New York for a year I guarantee you I would still be listening to the same kind of music.

And this discussion still hasn't explained why Infinite won't listen to the song.

environments set moods, u fucking idiot...good lord. man, i tried to be patient with u, but ur just too fucking dumb, bro. do u really not get it? i'm not saying environment is EVERYTHING, but it plays its part. for some people less, for some people more. to flat out ignore this concept and brush it off as inaccurate is just straight up retarded on ur behalf.

i'll try explaining it one more time...just because u live on the west doesnt mean ur gunna listen exclusively to west coast music. but someone who is chillin on the beach will TYPICALLY be more inclined to bump Dogg Pound over Wu-Tang. someone chillin in the subways of NYC will TYPICALLY be more inclined to listen to Mobb Deep over Warren G & Nate Dogg. it's not the same for everyone, but we're speakin in general terms.

If I'm chillin' on a beach, Tha Dogg Pound wouldn't be the first cd I'd be reaching for.

Sccit

lmao stupid article. So if I'm in New York I'm not gonna want to listen to Warren G? That's stupid logic. It's not where I'm at, its MOOD that determines what i want to listen to.

The manner in which you live your life has little to do with music either. Someone being a computer nerd isn't going to stop them from loving hardcore gangsta rap. Point of reference? Lol the vast majority of this forum idolizes gangsta rap from California, a region which they have never been and know little about. When they get off this forum they go and speak in German/French/Italian to their family members about shit having zilch to do with California or its music. Infinite, you yourself probably grew up in a typical white Christian family and at some point fell in love with African culture. That in itself is proof that people choose their own interests, and many times its not based at all on point of reference or personal experience.

Good job at contradicting yourself.

How so? You paraphrase an article claiming perspective and environment play a huge role in the music we like and I just explained how it doesn't. Even using your own tastes as an example. If you can love 2Pac's music, which has nothing to do with your own environment, then there's no reason you can't at least listen to a Messy song. If you can love west coast Death Row artists without living in California then obviously environment doesn't play a big role in your music tastes. If you can love Distant Relatives and visiting Africa, despite being a white guy from a middle class family then obviously point of reference isn't that important.

lol, u don't get it...it's not about where ur from or how u grew up, it's about the environment ur in as ur listening to the music, the mood ur in as ur listening to the music, ur surroundings as ur listening to the music. these all have an affect on how u hear the song and how u mentally/emotionally perceive it at that very moment. it's like the difference between hearin a sad song at a funeral, or a sad song at ur birthday party.. ur likely to enjoy and feel certain songs more under certain circumstances. don't u get it? lmao...ur blabberin about nothin.

Did you even read what Infinite posted? He clearly mentions where and how a person grew up:     "What a person percieves as reality is completely dependent on that person's point of reference and differs accordingly.  The point of reference can be anything from where you may live (e.g. Compton, Queens, suburbs, hood), to the manner in which you live your life (e.g. gangster, lover, book worm, etc.).   The Principle of Relativity is a principle addressing the diversity of human experiences.  Nothing reflects the formation of opinions as art does."

I'm replying directly to what he posted. You haven't been paying attention. And you still don't get it. It's mood that matters, not environment. When you're at a funeral you're usually feelings sad, that's why you would want to listen to a sad song.

And Brian, even with that article you still haven't explained why you won't listen to the song.

for most people, environment dictates mood, mood dictates perception. not rocket science.

Wrong. Most people bump whatever is in the top 40, not based on where they live. I just gave the example of Europeans loving Death Row music. Warren G has more fans in Europe than he does here in Cali.

right...and most people are stupid sheep. wtf is ur point? it has less to do with where u live and more to do with the setting ur in. europeans like death row music not cuz they can relate to the content, but because a lot of it is feel-good, upbeat music that bumps. people can relate to the sounds of music, not just the content. "california love", for instance, gives off a party vibe that every1 on the dance-floor can relate to. but when ur on the way to visit a family member at the hospital, ur less likely to be bumpin "california love" on the way...get it yet?

Because of mood not environment. Regardless of whether you're on the way to visit someone in the hospital or sitting on the beach getting a phone call that someone is in the hospital, you're still going to feel the same.

Music tastes change, and its not based on environment. Rap fans in California loved the Death Row sound in the 90s, now they don't. Environment is still the same. If I moved to New York for a year I guarantee you I would still be listening to the same kind of music.

And this discussion still hasn't explained why Infinite won't listen to the song.

environments set moods, u fucking idiot...good lord. man, i tried to be patient with u, but ur just too fucking dumb, bro. do u really not get it? i'm not saying environment is EVERYTHING, but it plays its part. for some people less, for some people more. to flat out ignore this concept and brush it off as inaccurate is just straight up retarded on ur behalf.

i'll try explaining it one more time...just because u live on the west doesnt mean ur gunna listen exclusively to west coast music. but someone who is chillin on the beach will TYPICALLY be more inclined to bump Dogg Pound over Wu-Tang. someone chillin in the subways of NYC will TYPICALLY be more inclined to listen to Mobb Deep over Warren G & Nate Dogg. it's not the same for everyone, but we're speakin in general terms.

If I'm chillin' on a beach, Tha Dogg Pound wouldn't be the first cd I'd be reaching for.

to each his own, but u get what i mean...different music for different settings. the fact that some people dont get this concept is actually mind-boggling.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Agreed with you? LOL. Nigga, it was Brian's point. You just attempted to explain his idiotic thought.

Still waiting for this California scenario where you'd find yourself sitting back & bumping Nas, Big L, Wu-Tang or Biggie. Opposed to listening to Dre, Snoop or Cube.

If you believed in your own theory, you shouldn't be some Euro-like, stuck in the 90's head either. The environment of a modern day club, forces you into listen to Wayne & Drake & random techno-ish songs. You should like them all, because when in that "environment", that's the musical option to fuck with. However, you don't seem to co-sign any motherfucker who came out after the turn of the millennium.

Bottom line, there is no subconcious thought process going on. You just listen to what you find to be dope. For example, if you were cruisin' around & you were listening to "Still D.R.E." & next somebody turned on "C.R.E.A.M.", you wouldn't stop & say, "Damn, this song sounds out of place. It doesn't fit the environment.". You'd bump because it's dope.

However, considering you're massively narrow-minded & don't really listen to too wide a variety of music, perhaps your theory may apply. If I only listened to six different artists, I guess I'd prefer to listen to each one in six different situations.

Sccit

Agreed with you? LOL. Nigga, it was Brian's point. You just attempted to explain his idiotic thought.

Still waiting for this California scenario where you'd find yourself sitting back & bumping Nas, Big L, Wu-Tang or Biggie. Opposed to listening to Dre, Snoop or Cube.

If you believed in your own theory, you shouldn't be some Euro-like, stuck in the 90's head either. The environment of a modern day club, forces you into listen to Wayne & Drake & random techno-ish songs. You should like them all, because when in that "environment", that's the musical option to fuck with. However, you don't seem to co-sign any motherfucker who came out after the turn of the millennium.

Bottom line, there is no subconcious thought process going on. You just listen to what you find to be dope. For example, if you were cruisin' around & you were listening to "Still D.R.E." & next somebody turned on "C.R.E.A.M.", you wouldn't stop & say, "Damn, this song sounds out of place. It doesn't fit the environment.". You'd bump because it's dope.

However, considering you're massively narrow-minded & don't really listen to too wide a variety of music, perhaps your theory may apply. If I only listened to six different artists, I guess I'd prefer to listen to each one in six different situations.

u are such a dumb mutherfucker, son. there is almost no hope for u.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You need to show more effort before admitting defeat like that.

Sccit

^^^^u are too slow for life, kid.

I agree.

It is kinda cool tho when you're with your friends and 'that song' comes on and you're all hyped to hear it.  But if you were by yourself you'd be like 'meh'.

i'm pretty much with nik on the whole issue.

and i get what you guys mean about the environment being able to make you want to listen to certain types of music,

part of what makes u so dumb is that ur way too cocky for bein an illogical lil kid sharing his opinion amongst grown folks

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:51:27 PM by NIKCC »

MUHFUKKA

woah hold up, i said i can understand how your environment can make you want to listen to certain types of music but to say "i cant listen to messy marv because i live here" is straight up retarded and totally expected from infant. i mean ive lived in the same area my whole fuckin life and i dont only listen to one type of music

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sccit

woah hold up, i said i can understand how your environment can make you want to listen to certain types of music but to say "i cant listen to messy marv because i live here" is straight up retarded and totally expected from infant. i mean ive lived in the same area my whole fuckin life and i dont only listen to one type of music

i never agreed or disgareed with infinite's view... to each his own. i personally like a lot of messy marv's shit, so i do believe that's him being close-minded on his behalf. but for someone to straight up deny the possibility that environment could play a part in what type of music one would wanna hear, as young cham has done in this very thread, is straight up retarded on another level.

lmao@ur insecure ass shook 2 admit we agree on something. smh.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

to each his own, but u get what i mean...different music for different settings. the fact that some people dont get this concept is actually mind-boggling.

Yeah.. it's a pretty simple concept, I don't know how these kids can't understand it.  Do they think it's just mere coincidence that country music is popular in the rural countryside of America?  Or that Reggae is popular poor, black, sunny regions?   Or that the environment of South Bronx played a huge role in the creation of old school hip-hop? 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
NIK, stop. You dodged my shutting you up post & then just posted people agreeing with you. You been lost, honkey.

Sccit

Yeah.. it's a pretty simple concept, I don't know how these kids can't understand it.  Do they think it's just mere coincidence that country music is popular in the rural countryside of America?  Or that Reggae is popular poor, black, sunny regions?   Or that the environment of South Bronx played a huge role in the creation of old school hip-hop? 

i dunno if they really believe that...perhaps they're just sayin retarded ass shit for the sake of argument, to feel like theyre taking part in grown folk discussion. nobody can really be this stupid.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Are we really talking about simplicity with you two? LOL. How about you "simply" defend this.

NIK had dodged it earlier for obvious reasons of looking like a moron.

Sccit

^I'll give u an example, idiot...on a cold, rainy day, even in cali, someone may be more inclined to bump biggie, shaq - u cant stop the reign over dove shack - summertime in the lbc...now kill urself, moron