Author Topic: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?  (Read 2510 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
Jay-Z's image in hip hop is as a businessman and hustler, and that's pretty much what he is. He started as a street hustler and through his rhymes and business suave he has become one of the most popular rappers of all time and the CEO of a record label. He accomplished this through hustling and handling his business. So whenever he brags about this in his music he's speaking the truth and being "real".

Many of 2Pac's songs are about things he never actually did or experienced. He's even admitted in interviews he sucked at selling drugs and couldn't do it, and that he never had any problems with the police until he started dissing them in his music. How is he a "real rapper", if some of his music is fictional?

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:33 PM »
Jay-Z's image in hip hop is as a businessman and hustler, and that's pretty much what he is. He started as a street hustler and through his rhymes and business suave he has become one of the most popular rappers of all time and the CEO of a record label. He accomplished this through hustling and handling his business. So whenever he brags about this in his music he's speaking the truth and being "real".

Many of 2Pac's songs are about things he never actually did or experienced. He's even admitted in interviews he sucked at selling drugs and couldn't do it, and that he never had any problems with the police until he started dissing them in his music. How is he a "real rapper", if some of his music is fictional?

shut yo dumb european ass up, jay is nice but he WILL NEVER, EVER be realer than pac end of story.........

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
California born and raised boyo. Pac groupies need not reply. You can't just say Pac is tha realest after i've given solid facts as to why he's not. Jay-Z has made it and raps about making it. So what he raps about is real. Pac rapped about things he hadn't actually experienced, and there's interviews that prove this. I don't see how you can argue otherwise.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »
Jay-Z raps about "making it" mow because he's on top. Let's not forget earlier in his career he was another hip-hop / bling bling / wish I was tony montanna rapper.

Your "facts" about pac are crap. He said he quit selling drugs because he saw people selling sentimental items like wedding rings for drugs and he didn't want to be apart of taking their soul. Fuck being "real" that's some grown man shit. Besides that he talked about thug life and he certainly lived it. He shot cops, rolled with real street niggas like haitaian jack and king tut, got shot and survived. Etc etc etc. Pac was one of the last rappers to actually live what he talked about. Did he do 100% of the things he rapped about? No. And guess what, NO rapper has!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

EFFeX

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:15 PM »

@ this thread

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »
Jay-Z raps about "making it" mow because he's on top. Let's not forget earlier in his career he was another hip-hop / bling bling / wish I was tony montanna rapper.

Your "facts" about pac are crap. He said he quit selling drugs because he saw people selling sentimental items like wedding rings for drugs and he didn't want to be apart of taking their soul. Fuck being "real" that's some grown man shit. Besides that he talked about thug life and he certainly lived it. He shot cops, rolled with real street niggas like haitaian jack and king tut, got shot and survived. Etc etc etc. Pac was one of the last rappers to actually live what he talked about. Did he do 100% of the things he rapped about? No. And guess what, NO rapper has!

Cmon son, if you're that big of a Pac fan you would know all the facts I've said about him are true. You've seen Resurrection right? He says it in his own words.

As for Jay-Z, before he started rapping he was a dealer on the corner. And guess what, he rapped about it on Reasonable Doubt. It's a known fact that 2Pac didn't do any of the shit he rapped about until AFTER he became a rapper. That's not real. Look at the facts and not your emotional connection to an artist you like.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 10:07:18 PM »

im faaaarr from a 2pac historian but i specifically remember an interview on the tupac ressurection movie i think where he says he tried selling crack for about a month but the older guys who  were fronting him the shit werent satisfied with his revenues it so they stopped fronting him and he stopped selling it. i mean he was around some real deal dope dealers but pac was the sensitive ballerina poet type

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 10:31:57 PM »
quoted from resurrection:

"I had no record, all my life,
no police record, until I made a record."  --on his contact with the police

"I was asked by a group of children what to do if they were offered drugs.
And I answered, "Just say no." -- on drugs

"I started selling drugs for maybe two weeks.
The dude was like, "Give me my drugs back," because I didn't know how. "  --on his short-lived career as a dealer

"Sometimes it's just allegories or fables that have a moral
or theme, like the ghetto lifestyle." ---on his music

"In my album, the number one enemy is the crooked police officer.
And the ironic thing is that it never happened to me.
I was speaking from the stories of my peers." --on how his first album isn't based on real life experience

And y'all have seen this interview right, before he got into rap?

what's funny is if I saw this interview without knowing who he was, I might assume this kid is gay. Homeboy grew up a happy-go-lucky, soft-spoken, sensitive and caring kid who enjoyed ballet, was a "nice guy" to the ladies and didn't use the "b-word", and then morphed into this depressed, thug character who didn't give a fuck and intentionally got into trouble. Are you really saying that is real?

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »
2pac is tha realest

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Elkoizm

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »
Well.. Jay raps about a hustlers life (which he can show and prove if questioned), whilst Pac mainly focused on the persona of being a G, thug and whatnot (kind of hard to be those things when your a platinum selling rapper and considered a celebrity around the world).

I don't know MUCH about both artists but I do listen to the music of both artists, watched countless documentaries about Pac and read Decoded. I would say Jay is 'realer' but they both lead different lifestyles and Pac had more of an opportunity to do good when he was younger.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
Couldn't tell you. I don't know either one of them. From the outside looking in, they both seem real in their own way. Music needs to be fictionalized in a way though. I think Jay is real in the sense that he'll even put himself on blast. He catches a lot of flack for things but the guy is a better artist then a lot of folks give him credit for.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 02:22:04 AM »
LOL@Jay-Z bein real...the guy who made a living off of swagger-jackin other rappers, including 2pac. and as if dude wasn't rappin on some fake thug shit when he started out. spice-2, get the fuck outta here, son. ur views on hip-hop are some of the dumbest shit i've ever seen.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 04:22:26 AM »
LMAO@Jay-Z bein real...
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 05:08:10 AM »
+1 to the OP

i bet 2pac looked real gangsta in a ballerina outfit
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden