Author Topic: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?  (Read 2516 times)

Sccit

Re: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »
^i was talking hip-hop on this board when u were bumping nsync cd's, biebs...there is no irony. ur a boy amongst men, know your place and fall in line.

& you're still talking about those same Hip Hop songs LOL. If I listened to the same songs for 15 years of my life, I'd know them like the back of my hand too.

i have over 2,000 hip-hop cd's from different types of artists. everyone from mos def to mac mall...u would have to step ur game up drastically to be on my level when it comes to hip-hop. real spit.

LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF. That calls for spelling it out.

Line them up, take the picture. I want to count 2,000 CDs. EXACTLY.

2,000x$12.99=$25,980. I kind of hope it's true now. Hilarious.

I should have expected it though. You're the best/most knowledgeable person about every subject known to man discussed on this board. I should of figured Hip-Hop, what the entire point of this forum is, would be your absolute specialty lmfao.

suck a dick, kid

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2011, 11:39:34 PM »
^i was talking hip-hop on this board when u were bumping nsync cd's, biebs...there is no irony. ur a boy amongst men, know your place and fall in line.

& you're still talking about those same Hip Hop songs LOL. If I listened to the same songs for 15 years of my life, I'd know them like the back of my hand too.

i have over 2,000 hip-hop cd's from different types of artists. everyone from mos def to mac mall...u would have to step ur game up drastically to be on my level when it comes to hip-hop. real spit.

LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF. That calls for spelling it out.

Line them up, take the picture. I want to count 2,000 CDs. EXACTLY.

2,000x$12.99=$25,980. I kind of hope it's true now. Hilarious.

I should have expected it though. You're the best/most knowledgeable person about every subject known to man discussed on this board. I should of figured Hip-Hop, what the entire point of this forum is, would be your absolute specialty lmfao.

kid, for real youre acting like a privileged little bitch right now. when older heads were your age we had to pay for our damn music. i spent all my wages on that shit for years and had 1000s of cds. times were different so what is so hilarious about that? just because you get everything fucking handed to you. some of us used to work hard for that shit cause we love music and feel it was worth spending money on

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »
^lol, why you gotta get angry for? I'm acting like a "privileged bitch"? I'm a bitch because I have things you didn't? You sound mad immature & bitter. Grow up.

& when NIK was my age, music was able to be downloaded lol.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »
^lol, why you gotta get angry for? I'm acting like a "privileged bitch"? I'm a bitch because I have things you didn't? You sound mad immature & bitter. Grow up.

& when NIK was my age, music was able to be downloaded lol.

its funny to you that someone would spend all that money on CDs because:

a) you dont care about music enough to spent money on it
b) you find the idea of people spending money on music laughable because you always had that shit handed to you

or maybe you can explain option c)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:22 AM »
So finding something funny in general is the new definition for a bitch?

I find it funny that NIK (maybe not you if you're like 35), could of had those albums free & bought them. It was nothing to do with caring about music. It's simple economics.

Sure, buy your favorite artists album. I appreciate the music the same way you do & you spend $25,980 on it.

V2DHeart

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
I never really paid much attention to Hip Hop again until 95 onwards when I was bulk buying albums until 2003. I turned to house being the dominant genre of my CD buying due to the decline in quality at that point. Smooth house, Soca, and morna were brilliant genres too.

I was able to accumulate thousands of Hip Hop CD's like many others my age, and although some could cost £12.99, you were able to get good deals, and buy boxes of Hip Hop CD's from the old Yahoo auction sites, liquidation websites and other places as well in 1998 onwards, and ended up with a load of good albums amongst the unknown, and BS. I can remember getting a big cardboard box of CD's each month, and it was fun to search through to see what I got. I only listened to around a 5th of what I collected over the years. Anyone who claims to have thousands of CD's can't have possibly listened to them all, and gave them a good listen.

Our car stereos were basic CD players, or disc changers, not many people had CD copiers, so the portability was a good buying point as well. It was good at the time, but looking back, and seeing how 95% of them are in boxes in my attic and at my parents garage it would have been good to have the money in my hand right now that I spent on them. Cham's generation is in a better position for music, meaning they can take their I-Pods and plug them into the car stereos, have them on mobiles etc. Technology has made music more portable than we ever had it.. We had to tape our music from the radio if we wanted to get free music, and even then it was restricted to the artists 2-5 radio singles
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Sccit

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2011, 12:50:46 PM »

I find it funny that NIK (maybe not you if you're like 35), could of had those albums free & bought them. It was nothing to do with caring about music. It's simple economics.

Sure, buy your favorite artists album. I appreciate the music the same way you do & you spend $25,980 on it.

first of all, most of those albums were bought in a timeframe where downloading wasn't what it is today...when i first started buying music off of colombia's "14 cd's for 99 cents" catalogues (old school heads will know what i'm talkin about), downloading wasn't even around. what i would do is get 14 cd's for free by mail and never pay when the bill came in. i did it many, many times, and i came up on a lot of ill shit like that. then, when i was your age, there was downloading, but not like today. back in those days, downloading meant finding each song 1 by 1 on napster/kazaa/morpheus/etc., and most of the songs didnt even work after u downloaded them, it was just a really loud scratching noise. even then, i bought cd's from my local mom & pop shop, where cd's go for no more than $7.99 and most of my CD's were bought from the $3.00 and under used bin. nowadays, the only places i buy music is from my local mom & pop shop and ebay/amazon/half.com. on ebay/amazon/half, i get most of my shit for $0.99-$3.00. i never EVER paid full price for an album, and if i did, it was some super rare shit that's impossible to find....but yea, tryna bring someone down because they actually pay for their music is actually pretty pathetic on ur behalf. almost as pathetic as u thinkin ur hip-hop knowledge is anywhere close to mine...PeACe

Quadruple OG

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2011, 01:08:38 PM »

first of all, most of those albums were bought in a timeframe where downloading wasn't what it is today...when i first started buying music off of colombia's "14 cd's for 99 cents" catalogues (old school heads will know what i'm talkin about), downloading wasn't even around. what i would do is get 14 cd's for free by mail and never pay when the bill came in. i did it many, many times, and i came up on a lot of ill shit like that. then, when i was your age, there was downloading, but not like today. back in those days, downloading meant finding each song 1 by 1 on napster/kazaa/morpheus/etc., and most of the songs didnt even work after u downloaded them, it was just a really loud scratching noise. even then, i bought cd's from my local mom & pop shop, where cd's go for no more than $7.99 and most of my CD's were bought from the $3.00 and under used bin. nowadays, the only places i buy music is from my local mom & pop shop and ebay/amazon/half.com. on ebay/amazon/half, i get most of my shit for $0.99-$3.00. i never EVER paid full price for an album, and if i did, it was some super rare shit that's impossible to find....but yea, tryna bring someone down because they actually pay for their music is actually pretty pathetic on ur behalf. almost as pathetic as u thinkin ur hip-hop knowledge is anywhere close to mine...PeACe

People that are under 21 wouldn't get the notion of spending a lot of money on cd's. When they came up and started acquiring tastes in music, high speed downloading was becoming more mainstream. Not many people had high speed internet connections where it could take a couple minutes to download entire albums. It's just like in previous generations when people would by a ton of vinyl and that was supplanted by cassettes.

It's a generational thing, not everyone is going to get it.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »

like dude said, shit was different when downloading came around, it was hard work, took a long time and it was shitty quality in the end. u had to pay for your music. and yes you are the definition of bitch. acting like u better cause u never paid for your music as if it makes u somehow smarter? no it makes u a privileged lil bitch like i said, u get all this free music and u dont appreciate it. you just think "LOL YOU HAD TO PAY FOR MUSIC?!?!?!?!"

Jay Bananas

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
PAC WAS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN INFERIOR TO JAY-Z IN EVERY WAY. HIS NOTABLE WHINING ABOUT GHETTO LIFE DOES NOT MAKE HIM PROLIFIC. IT MAKES HIM AN OUTSPOKEN BALLERINA ART STUDENT.

REASONABLE DOUBT >>>> ANYTHING FROM PAC.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2011, 01:47:31 PM »
HIS NOTABLE WHINING ABOUT GHETTO LIFE DOES NOT MAKE HIM PROLIFIC. IT MAKES HIM AN OUTSPOKEN BALLERINA ART STUDENT.
PREACH!

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »
what i would do is get 14 cd's for free by mail and never pay when the bill came in. i did it many, many times, and i came up on a lot of ill shit like that.
you mean you had your parents pay the bill. come on nikki you needed a credit card for that shit

i never EVER paid full price for an album, and if i did, it was some super rare shit that's impossible to find..
this is some of the most jewish shit ive ever seen. and i dont mean being cheap as fuck, i mean how you never EVER paid full price except for the times you did

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sccit

« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »
what i would do is get 14 cd's for free by mail and never pay when the bill came in. i did it many, many times, and i came up on a lot of ill shit like that.
you mean you had your parents pay the bill. come on nikki you needed a credit card for that shit

wrong...

i never EVER paid full price for an album, and if i did, it was some super rare shit that's impossible to find..
this is some of the most jewish shit ive ever seen. and i dont mean being cheap as fuck, i mean how you never EVER paid full price except for the times you did

8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »
Only idiots pay for music.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2011, 02:17:55 AM »
PAC WAS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN INFERIOR TO JAY-Z IN EVERY WAY. HIS NOTABLE WHINING ABOUT GHETTO LIFE DOES NOT MAKE HIM PROLIFIC. IT MAKES HIM AN OUTSPOKEN BALLERINA ART STUDENT.

REASONABLE DOUBT >>>> ANYTHING FROM PAC.

I DO NOT READ POSTS IN ALL CAPS!!!!!11!