Author Topic: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?  (Read 2437 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
pac groupies: if the tables were turned and people found out jay used to be a ballerina you would def call him a fag and say tupac is realer cos of that

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 12:16:36 PM »
LOL@Jay-Z bein real...the guy who made a living off of swagger-jackin other rappers, including 2pac. and as if dude wasn't rappin on some fake thug shit when he started out. spice-2, get the fuck outta here, son. ur views on hip-hop are some of the dumbest shit i've ever seen.

Jay was a dealer and rapped about it.....how is that fake? I've given you proof that Pac's music was about made up stuff. Now you're just in denial.

ALL gangsta rap has exaggeration in it...including Jay-Z. Jay-Z was as big a fake thug as anyone when he started rapping. Jay-Z is literally the fakest of the fake, and like others already pointed out, he's rapped about killin people in Tony Montana accents LOL

It sounds like you've never listened to Reasonable Doubt. The Tony Montana thing was a skit on the album voiced by someone else. All gangsta rap has exaggeration in it but Jay-Z clearly lived that life, even if he didn't kill anyone (don't think he ever claimed to have killed someone btw). Pac's music was completely fabricated. One guy was a real drug dealer and exaggerates it, one guy makes stuff up having never lived the life in his music, isn't it obvious which one's "realer"? If you're going to call someone the fakest of the fake it should be the guy who's image was fake. How convenient that you keep avoiding that.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 12:20:23 PM »
pac groupies: if the tables were turned and people found out jay used to be a ballerina you would def call him a fag and say tupac is realer cos of that

^not really...2pac was always the sensitive, poetic type, so it's somewhat expected. he self-admittedly wasn't into the gangsta shit until he came to death row. nothin really fake about that. either way, Jay-Z made his livin off of biting rappers like Pac, so to call him realer than Pac is pretty disgraceful.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j4lVPH8R0bg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j4lVPH8R0bg</a>

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 12:23:18 PM »
LOL@Jay-Z bein real...the guy who made a living off of swagger-jackin other rappers, including 2pac. and as if dude wasn't rappin on some fake thug shit when he started out. spice-2, get the fuck outta here, son. ur views on hip-hop are some of the dumbest shit i've ever seen.

Jay was a dealer and rapped about it.....how is that fake? I've given you proof that Pac's music was about made up stuff. Now you're just in denial.

ALL gangsta rap has exaggeration in it...including Jay-Z. Jay-Z was as big a fake thug as anyone when he started rapping. Jay-Z is literally the fakest of the fake, and like others already pointed out, he's rapped about killin people in Tony Montana accents LOL

It sounds like you've never listened to Reasonable Doubt. The Tony Montana thing was a skit on the album voiced by someone else. All gangsta rap has exaggeration in it but Jay-Z clearly lived that life, even if he didn't kill anyone (don't think he ever claimed to have killed someone btw). Pac's music was completely fabricated. One guy was a real drug dealer and exaggerates it, one guy makes stuff up having never lived the life in his music, isn't it obvious which one's "realer"? If you're going to call someone the fakest of the fake it should be the guy who's image was fake. How convenient that you keep avoiding that.

yea...lets call 2Pac fake and not the guy who made his living off of biting 2Pac LMAO.

and Jay-Z never rapped about killin people? again LMFAO...stop making threads, son:

Motha fuckers wanna kill me but don’t got the heart
To look me in the eyes with the nine and spark
Cause whether your for or against this
When I spit with murderous intentions, everybody goes everybody knows
The weapons I possess they not for show
And you put dresses on your weapons when you walk out the door
See once I flash mother fuckers better do the one shot dash
Or be one shot ass
J to the A-Y to the drive by to your hood screamin bye-bye to you
Why would you fuck with me
Knowing I put you six feet deep and them niggas could die wit’cha
Cock the hot pistol and pop the hot Cristal
And promise you only one thing, to not miss you
Jahova know the god that served ya
Cause dead or alive when I arrive it’s Murda

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
2pac studied ballet. end thread

pac groupies eat a dick

What's wrong with ballet?

Seriously what difference does it make? It's all entertainment at the end of the day. People get more caught up in rappers lives then the actual rappers living it.

I mean, that's not the "realest" thing for a Thug Life West Coast gangsta lol.

Prodigy did ballet at his grandmoms school as well, yet he was as street as they come.

Jay is definitely real, he had more money than the rappers he aspired to be and was heavy in the drug game. I mean shit, his first album cover jaz-o borrowed jay z's chains for the shoot

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »
Pac didn't make it passed 25, jokes on you jay's still alive

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 11:48:45 PM »
I'll say this: Pac tried to get his listeners to think, while Jay Z admitted he dumbs down his lyrics in order to sell records.

From Jay's Moment of clarity (black album)

"dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
they criticized me for it yet they all yell "HOLLA!"
if skills sold, truth be told, i'd probably be
lyrically, talib kweli
truthfully i wanna rhyme like common sense
but i did five mill' - i ain't been rhymin like common since
"

So tell me what's real to you?

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 11:57:25 PM »
well define real then. jay is telling the truth in that rhyme so how is it not real?

i think there are 2 definitions of real here:

pac groupies think real means rapping about being a thug whether its true or not (2pac definitely wins here, he had the better thug persona and always rapped with emotion)

jay groupies think being real is telling the truth in their rhymes (jay wins here, his rhymes are almost always true to his life)

so whats the point of arguing when everyone has 2 different definitions????

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »
I'll say this: Pac tried to get his listeners to think, while Jay Z admitted he dumbs down his lyrics in order to sell records.

From Jay's Moment of clarity (black album)

"dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
they criticized me for it yet they all yell "HOLLA!"
if skills sold, truth be told, i'd probably be
lyrically, talib kweli
truthfully i wanna rhyme like common sense
but i did five mill' - i ain't been rhymin like common since
"

So tell me what's real to you?

It's hard to tell which side your point is fighting for. But I think it's pretty real to admit something like that. Name me another rapper who would openly admit he raps dumber for sales.

Also, just because it's dumber & less complicated, doesn't make it less real. It just takes away from his lyrical ability.

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 12:42:36 AM »
LOL...there aint nothin REAL about rappers who water down their music for sales. smh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 01:00:46 AM »
LOL...there aint nothin REAL about rappers who water down their music for sales. smh

Why not? If I lyrically tell you how I was a drug dealer & my experiences or if I just straight up say, I was a drug dealer, it doesn't change how real the message is.

Eminem used to write hard, serious lyrics about his daughter. Then he made "Hayley's Song" & he was straight up singing for 3/4ths of it. Does it change the realness of the situation despite one being more mainstream & female friendly?

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 01:05:29 AM »

Why not? If I lyrically tell you how I was a drug dealer & my experiences or if I just straight up say, I was a drug dealer, it doesn't change how real the message is.

Eminem used to write hard, serious lyrics about his daughter. Then he made "Hayley's Song" & he was straight up singing for 3/4ths of it. Does it change the realness of the situation despite one being more mainstream & female friendly?

biebs, stfu. i am not acknowledging ur views on hip-hop anymore...this is a discussion for grown men. u dont fit in.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 01:05:48 AM »
Great thread.

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2011, 01:06:25 AM »
Jay stabbed un Rivera when he was a superstar rapper, that shit is pretty real

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2011, 01:11:50 AM »

biebs, stfu. i am not acknowledging ur views on hip-hop anymore...this is a discussion for grown men. u dont fit in.

WIN.