Author Topic: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?  (Read 2518 times)

Knett

• 'G'
Re: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2011, 01:29:53 AM »
Jay is definetely realer.
This guy is the most succesful one in Hip-Hop, having the biggest business out there.
To all people saying he's a biter, if you write 200 songs, and in 10 songs you have some lines quoting Biggie of Pac, that doesn't make you a biter to me. Because you don't need that to be succesful.
Look at Snoop, he's done songs that are exact copies of old songs.. no one is calling him a biter? (No Thing On Me for example).

Another way to look at it is:
- When Jay put out his Reasonable Doubt, he started his OWN label.
- Pac was just under Suge

Plus, to me you're not that real if you keep going in and out of jail.
If he really wanted, he could have pursued a real thriving career if he wouldn't be getting into some stupid shit.

End of discussion. You're not real if you keep flashing your gun and shooting people. That will get you shot someday. And it did.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »
LOL...there aint nothin REAL about rappers who water down their music for sales. smh

Why not? If I lyrically tell you how I was a drug dealer & my experiences or if I just straight up say, I was a drug dealer, it doesn't change how real the message is.

Eminem used to write hard, serious lyrics about his daughter. Then he made "Hayley's Song" & he was straight up singing for 3/4ths of it. Does it change the realness of the situation despite one being more mainstream & female friendly?

biebs, stfu. i am not acknowledging ur views on hip-hop anymore...this is a discussion for grown men. u dont fit in.

WIN.

yes...u win, and jay-z is realer for dumbing down his lyrics to sell more and making pop music for the masses, as opposed to staying true to himself.

i would kill myself if i were u.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »
LOL...there aint nothin REAL about rappers who water down their music for sales. smh

Why not? If I lyrically tell you how I was a drug dealer & my experiences or if I just straight up say, I was a drug dealer, it doesn't change how real the message is.

Eminem used to write hard, serious lyrics about his daughter. Then he made "Hayley's Song" & he was straight up singing for 3/4ths of it. Does it change the realness of the situation despite one being more mainstream & female friendly?

biebs, stfu. i am not acknowledging ur views on hip-hop anymore...this is a discussion for grown men. u dont fit in.

WIN.

yes...u win, and jay-z is realer for dumbing down his lyrics to sell more and making pop music for the masses, as opposed to staying true to himself.

yeah cos tupac totaly didnt do that on all eyez on me

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »

WIN.

that was him...pac wanted to make stuff for the girls, stuff for the thugs, stuff for everyone. jay-z self-admittedly wants to rap on some real shit, but is not rapping that way for the sole purpose of making cheese. 2pac rapped the way he wanted, with a true passion, and he personally chose to cover pretty much all topics in his music. his music was the epitome of hip-hop from the soul.

anyways, i'm not sayin 2pac was the realest muthafucka to ever walk this earth...but to claim jay-z is real and trash pac for bein fake is laughable, at the very least.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2011, 07:35:37 PM »
Good discussion and here is a even better question. Who and what makes anyone in here "real enough" to know who is real and who's not?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »

WIN.

Good point. At least Jay-Z has admitted he did it for money. Pac made a pop album for Suge but never copped to it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2011, 11:18:12 PM »
LOL, NIK. You just admitted Pac dumbed his shit down.

Now tell me what's realer, admitting it like a man or tryna act like you're still being real "thug life"-like & really just getting poppy? Listen to what you say sometimes.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
Jay-Z's image in hip hop is as a businessman and hustler, and that's pretty much what he is. He started as a street hustler and through his rhymes and business suave he has become one of the most popular rappers of all time and the CEO of a record label. He accomplished this through hustling and handling his business. So whenever he brags about this in his music he's speaking the truth and being "real".

Many of 2Pac's songs are about things he never actually did or experienced. He's even admitted in interviews he sucked at selling drugs and couldn't do it, and that he never had any problems with the police until he started dissing them in his music. How is he a "real rapper", if some of his music is fictional?

According to this theory, if I sat on the couch all day and ate Doritos and watched the NFL Network, and then wrote raps strictly about eating Doritos and watching the NFL network, then I would be the realest rapper in history, right?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »
Jay-Z's image in hip hop is as a businessman and hustler, and that's pretty much what he is. He started as a street hustler and through his rhymes and business suave he has become one of the most popular rappers of all time and the CEO of a record label. He accomplished this through hustling and handling his business. So whenever he brags about this in his music he's speaking the truth and being "real".

Many of 2Pac's songs are about things he never actually did or experienced. He's even admitted in interviews he sucked at selling drugs and couldn't do it, and that he never had any problems with the police until he started dissing them in his music. How is he a "real rapper", if some of his music is fictional?

According to this theory, if I sat on the couch all day and ate Doritos and watched the NFL Network, and then wrote raps strictly about eating Doritos and watching the NFL network, then I would be the realest rapper in history, right?

He would be. Because he would be rapping about "real shit". How are you real if you are rapping about made up stuff? You know what the word real means right?

taken from dictionary.com: "true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent"

What do you think real means?

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2011, 12:58:09 AM »

He would be. Because he would be rapping about "real shit". How are you real if you are rapping about made up stuff? You know what the word real means right?

admitting ur a bitch doesnt make u real, u dumb ass kids

and in hip-hop, keepin it real means a lot more than just "tellin the truth", my hicks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:02:53 AM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2011, 01:01:01 AM »
LOL, NIK. You just admitted Pac dumbed his shit down.

Now tell me what's realer, admitting it like a man or tryna act like you're still being real "thug life"-like & really just getting poppy? Listen to what you say sometimes.

i already said, pac never dumbed his shit down...even when he made songs for bitches, he did it with a passion. thats how he felt, thats how he wanted to spit it. jay-z admitted he doesn't do shit he truly feels=definition of fake. plus, he also raps about killing peeps, as posted previously. lose-lose situation for jay in the "who's more real" debate.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2011, 01:26:07 AM »
1. Wrong. Because like I pointed out earlier, just because you dumb shit down lyrically, but provide the same message, it doesn't affect realness. You're still rapping about the same shit.

2. Wrong again. Jay's persona is being a hustler & making money by any means; in some cases illegally. So in order for this "hustler" to keep doing what he wants which is make money, he dumbed down his shit to make more money; which if the proper formula. How is that not real?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »

and in hip-hop, keepin it real means a lot more than just "tellin the truth", my hicks

fact: rapping about things that aren't real isn't "keeping it real." Jay-Z rapped about what he knew, Pac rapped about a life that wasn't his. Conclusion? Jay-Z is realer.

When did Jay-Z admit to being a bitch? He said he dumbed down his music to make money. Which fits in perfectly with the hustler mentality. Jay-Z is the epitome of a hustler. As far as Jay-Z killing someone...you posted lyrics where he says he would kill someone that was trying to kill him. It doesn't sound like a lie to me. Wouldn't most of us kill to preserve our own life?

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2011, 02:29:01 AM »

fact: rapping about things that aren't real isn't "keeping it real." Jay-Z rapped about what he knew, Pac rapped about a life that wasn't his. Conclusion? Jay-Z is realer.

When did Jay-Z admit to being a bitch? He said he dumbed down his music to make money. Which fits in perfectly with the hustler mentality. Jay-Z is the epitome of a hustler. As far as Jay-Z killing someone...you posted lyrics where he says he would kill someone that was trying to kill him. It doesn't sound like a lie to me. Wouldn't most of us kill to preserve our own life?

r u retarded? jay-z has rapped about killing, being a thug, pimpin, etc lmao. ur almost as bad as cham......well, maybe not THAT bad, but stil, come on.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2011, 02:42:28 AM »
well define real then. jay is telling the truth in that rhyme so how is it not real?

Exactly that's the question I was asking: tell me what's real to you? If being real is spitting dumbed down rhymes, but admitting it, then Jay is the realest around.

To me, being 'real' as a rapper means saying exactly what's on your mind, even if people might not want to hear it. Staying true to your self, never sell out, etc. Now you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's ALWAYS 100% real, but when you compare Pac and Jay the answer to me is obviously Pac.