Author Topic: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?  (Read 2439 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2011, 02:54:41 AM »
well define real then. jay is telling the truth in that rhyme so how is it not real?

Exactly that's the question I was asking: tell me what's real to you? If being real is spitting dumbed down rhymes, but admitting it, then Jay is the realest around.

To me, being 'real' as a rapper means saying exactly what's on your mind, even if people might not want to hear it. Staying true to your self, never sell out, etc. Now you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's ALWAYS 100% real, but when you compare Pac and Jay the answer to me is obviously Pac.

Staying true to yourself? I've given you factual evidence in Pac's own words how most of his rap material was made up. Jay-Z has always stayed to true to himself. He's been a hustler from day one and never strayed from that path. Selling out means compromising your original values to be successful. When you look at Jay-Z before he got famous and after he was famous, its pretty clear he never sold out. His goal was always the same, his persona was always the same. But Pac did a complete 180 and manufactured this hardcore, violent persona to sell records. Some of his political ideas may have stayed the same, but his character was a complete sell out.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »
Jay-Z's image in hip hop is as a businessman and hustler, and that's pretty much what he is. He started as a street hustler and through his rhymes and business suave he has become one of the most popular rappers of all time and the CEO of a record label. He accomplished this through hustling and handling his business. So whenever he brags about this in his music he's speaking the truth and being "real".

Many of 2Pac's songs are about things he never actually did or experienced. He's even admitted in interviews he sucked at selling drugs and couldn't do it, and that he never had any problems with the police until he started dissing them in his music. How is he a "real rapper", if some of his music is fictional?

According to this theory, if I sat on the couch all day and ate Doritos and watched the NFL Network, and then wrote raps strictly about eating Doritos and watching the NFL network, then I would be the realest rapper in history, right?

He would be. Because he would be rapping about "real shit". How are you real if you are rapping about made up stuff? You know what the word real means right?

taken from dictionary.com: "true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent"

What do you think real means?

admitting ur a bitch doesnt make u real, u dumb ass kids

and in hip-hop, keepin it real means a lot more than just "tellin the truth", my hicks

fact: rapping about things that aren't real isn't "keeping it real." Jay-Z rapped about what he knew, Pac rapped about a life that wasn't his. Conclusion? Jay-Z is realer.

When did Jay-Z admit to being a bitch? He said he dumbed down his music to make money. Which fits in perfectly with the hustler mentality. Jay-Z is the epitome of a hustler. As far as Jay-Z killing someone...you posted lyrics where he says he would kill someone that was trying to kill him. It doesn't sound like a lie to me. Wouldn't most of us kill to preserve our own life?

r u retarded? jay-z has rapped about killing, being a thug, pimpin, etc lmao. ur almost as bad as cham......well, maybe not THAT bad, but stil, come on.

You're completely delusional. You posted a  Jay-Z verse as an example and I easily shot it down. Your point has been nullified. Jay-Z saying he would kill someone who tries to kill him isn't fake, its probably true for most of us. Face it, you lost.

Now 2Pac rapping about being screwed over by cops on his first album when it had never happened is a complete fabrication and proves he is fake.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2011, 03:03:38 AM »
Keeping it real in hip-hop means RunDMC just wearing the same clothes they had on that day whenever they went to the stage.  They didn't have no shiny suits for the stage.  They believed in "keeping it real" with the fans, and if they were wearing jeans and a leather jacket that day, they'd just walk right up on stage with it.  "Keeping it Real" in hip-hop, means relating to fans, being down to Earth.  Which is basically the opposite of what Jay-Z does rapping about private jets and shit like that that doesn't relate to the fans.

The best way to explain how 2pac keeps it real, and how Jay-Z doesn't "keep it real" is this.   2pac said when he raps about diamonds and jewelry "bling", that 2pac is doing to to uplift his people.  And to show them that he came from gutter and now he has achieved this, and that if he can do it anyone can do it, and that he's gonna bring up the ghetto's of America with him and that it's like a movement, and everybody is sharing in his success.

...while on the other hand for Jay-Z it's more like just shoving it it people faces, what he's got.  It ain't no movement, and it doesn't connect with the fans in a real way.  People don't cry when they listen to Jay-Z.  He doesn't connect to the fans in a real way.   2pac was so real that he brought people to tears when they'd listen to tracks like "Krazy" or "White Manz World".
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:05:25 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:07 AM »

Jay-Z has always stayed to true to himself. He's been a hustler from day one and never strayed from that path. Selling out means compromising your original values to be successful. When you look at Jay-Z before he got famous and after he was famous, its pretty clear he never sold out. His goal was always the same, his persona was always the same.

Have you even read the lyrics I posted? Jay clearly states that he would rather be more political, or 'concious' is his lyrics, but chooses to dumb it down to sell more records. That is compromising your values to be succesful.

But Pac did a complete 180 and manufactured this hardcore, violent persona to sell records. Some of his political ideas may have stayed the same, but his character was a complete sell out.

Manufactured? He had been through so much shit by this time, a lesser man would probably have killed himself already. Yes, his character changed, but to say he did that to sell more records is far from the truth imo.

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2011, 03:23:25 AM »
these guy never stop arguing, even when they have nothn to say, they'll just keep goin in circles...this spice-2 character has tried to convince me that DOC isn't considered a west coast rapper and went on for pages. cham, well, that dude is pretty self-explanatory.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2011, 03:28:58 AM »
these guy never stop arguing, even when they have nothn to say, they'll just keep goin in circles...this spice-2 character has tried to convince me that DOC isn't considered a west coast rapper and went on for pages. cham, well, that dude is pretty self-explanatory.

Yeah I guess this is one of those discussions that can go on forever, so I'll just rest my case.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2011, 03:54:04 AM »
Spice 2, u suck at trolling, your name is ghey, and jay z is your idol. Prolly cuz u look like him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2011, 10:41:09 AM »
lol @ NIK dodging. He stays losing.

& Infinite, you're an idiot. How the fuck does that prove what's real? Being a nice person is real to you? What if Jay is a douche & that's REAL to him? To shove it in your face? You're determining the standard for real for every human & that...just ain't real.

Being real is just what's real to your ideals. If you want to rock a suit, do it. It's only fake if you don't want to rock a suit & you do. Shit, I'd want to rock a suit everyday to work & I obviously can't now because I don't have a serious job (similar to NIK, just not jobless). But you're saying the day I get that job, I'll be fake?

You also just proved to me your unjustified hate for Jay-Z. It's obvious now that you just don't like Jay bragging about what he's done. Not like Pac & what he wants to do, but actually have achieved in his life. You're invalid.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
Keeping it real in hip-hop means RunDMC just wearing the same clothes they had on that day whenever they went to the stage.  They didn't have no shiny suits for the stage.  They believed in "keeping it real" with the fans, and if they were wearing jeans and a leather jacket that day, they'd just walk right up on stage with it.  "Keeping it Real" in hip-hop, means relating to fans, being down to Earth.  Which is basically the opposite of what Jay-Z does rapping about private jets and shit like that that doesn't relate to the fans.

The best way to explain how 2pac keeps it real, and how Jay-Z doesn't "keep it real" is this.   2pac said when he raps about diamonds and jewelry "bling", that 2pac is doing to to uplift his people.  And to show them that he came from gutter and now he has achieved this, and that if he can do it anyone can do it, and that he's gonna bring up the ghetto's of America with him and that it's like a movement, and everybody is sharing in his success.

...while on the other hand for Jay-Z it's more like just shoving it it people faces, what he's got.  It ain't no movement, and it doesn't connect with the fans in a real way.  People don't cry when they listen to Jay-Z.  He doesn't connect to the fans in a real way.   2pac was so real that he brought people to tears when they'd listen to tracks like "Krazy" or "White Manz World".

Brian....most of Pac's fans aren't "his people". His biggest audience was white kids from the suburbs. How were his ghetto fairy tales or the struggles of the black man against the system real to them? Jay-Z on the other hand rapped about things that the average man can relate to. Coming up and making a name for yourself. The American dream of getting rich and being able to live in luxury. And the funny thing is most real kids in the ghetto relate to that shit. Why do you think they spend so much money on brand name and flossing?

You still haven't answered the question of how a fake life story can be real. Is Rick Ross a real rapper now?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »

Jay-Z has always stayed to true to himself. He's been a hustler from day one and never strayed from that path. Selling out means compromising your original values to be successful. When you look at Jay-Z before he got famous and after he was famous, its pretty clear he never sold out. His goal was always the same, his persona was always the same.

Have you even read the lyrics I posted? Jay clearly states that he would rather be more political, or 'concious' is his lyrics, but chooses to dumb it down to sell more records. That is compromising your values to be succesful.

Have you even read the lyrics yourself? It's like you're either ignoring it's message or just didn't get it. That entire verse is the realest shit ever. Jay-Z used his common sense as a hustler to do what he had through to get rich through making music. Others like Common want to dedicate their entire career to rapping about the poor man's plight, but they fail to make an impact. And J can't help the poor if he's poor himself. So he made it through his music and now has the wealth to where he can give back to the community. That's a win win, for rap fans who dig his shit and for the poor. And if that's his mantra on life how the fuck is that not real?

But Pac did a complete 180 and manufactured this hardcore, violent persona to sell records. Some of his political ideas may have stayed the same, but his character was a complete sell out.

Manufactured? He had been through so much shit by this time, a lesser man would probably have killed himself already. Yes, his character changed, but to say he did that to sell more records is far from the truth imo.

Oh please. He may have grown up poor but what was all this shit he'd been through? I mean just look at the video I posted of him when he was 17. Does that look like a tortured soul? He went to a school for the arts for crying out loud.

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »

& Infinite, you're an idiot. How the fuck does that prove what's real? Being a nice person is real to you? What if Jay is a douche & that's REAL to him? To shove it in your face? You're determining the standard for real for every human & that...just ain't real.

Being real is just what's real to your ideals. If you want to rock a suit, do it. It's only fake if you don't want to rock a suit & you do. Shit, I'd want to rock a suit everyday to work & I obviously can't now because I don't have a serious job (similar to NIK, just not jobless). But you're saying the day I get that job, I'll be fake?

You also just proved to me your unjustified hate for Jay-Z. It's obvious now that you just don't like Jay bragging about what he's done. Not like Pac & what he wants to do, but actually have achieved in his life. You're invalid.

ur such a white hick, cham...in HIP-HOP terms, keepin it real doesnt mean tellin the truth, honkey. for instance, if someone snitches and told the truth about it, that wouldn't be an example of "keepin it real"...in your squareass honkey perception of the term, that's what ur makin it seem like, but not in the hip-hop culture, young'n.

Sccit

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2011, 01:32:08 PM »

Brian....most of Pac's fans aren't "his people". His biggest audience was white kids from the suburbs. How were his ghetto fairy tales or the struggles of the black man against the system real to them? Jay-Z on the other hand rapped about things that the average man can relate to. Coming up and making a name for yourself. The American dream of getting rich and being able to live in luxury. And the funny thing is most real kids in the ghetto relate to that shit. Why do you think they spend so much money on brand name and flossing?

You still haven't answered the question of how a fake life story can be real. Is Rick Ross a real rapper now?

what are u talkin about? LOL...most black people loved 2pac...get the fuck outta here.

Jay-Z is fake because a.)he swagger-jacked all the greats (including the very person he's being compared to in this topic) and b.)he raps about fake shit all the time...killing, thuggin, pimpin. if that's not enough reason, then slap yourself and read what i just wrote again.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »

ur such a white hick, cham...in HIP-HOP terms, keepin it real doesnt mean tellin the truth, honkey. for instance, if someone snitches and told the truth about it, that wouldn't be an example of "keepin it real"...in your squareass honkey perception of the term, that's what ur makin it seem like, but not in the hip-hop culture, young'n.

I'm using the same definition Spice provided above. You're just mad because you're wrong. As always.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »
Troll thread. Love it when the "cool" posters post dumb shit & act like they're always right. Always wanna go against the grain & act like its the cool thing to do, fuckin squares haha

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
Troll thread. Love it when the "cool" posters post dumb shit & act like they're always right. Always wanna go against the grain & act like its the cool thing to do, fuckin squares haha

these guys aint trollin, man...they actually believe what they're sayin LOL