Author Topic: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?  (Read 2509 times)

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
Re: Is Jay-Z "realer" than 2Pac?
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »
I'm using the same definition Spice provided above.

That's where it went wrong.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »
Jay is as real as it gets.

I feel bad for Tupac though. The fakest person on the entire planet, the hoodlum from Woodland is trying to defend his realness. It's the ultimate contradiction.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
this might be one of the stupidest arguments ever...Jay Z has admitted he had to be the opposite of real to continue making money

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »
I think its pretty obvious that Tupac was a studio gangsta at the end of his career and was a very impressionable person.  Pac wanted to fit in with the gangsters which is sad cause there are many pro black/positive brothers that lose there way trying to fit in with the "wrong crowd."  Most rappers imho make music from what they witnessed, rappers from Ice Cube to Cam'ron have all said they haven't done some of the stuff they rapped about and they are just reporting what they saw or what there friends do.  Personally when I rap thats not my preference, when I rap I only rap about things I've done or did.  But at the same time music is all about telling a story, as long as the music is good thats really all that matters.  Tupac made some great music that a lot of people here in Los Angeles and all around the world could relate to in someway.  He lost his way when he went to deathrow and I actually love egging on tupac dickryders about how fake tupac was lol.  But at the end of the day the thing that really matters is the music and nobody can say that pac didn't make great music.  As for Jay Z I respect him a lot for being a black male that was able to beat all adversity and make something out of his life and be a positive example of how rappers SHOULD conduct themselves when they get some money.  Instead of acting like the tupacs, lil waynes, t.i's, etc and making bad decisions when they're wealthy grown men.    I think anyone that really takes a rappers personal life real serious needs to fall back and just listen to the music.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
jay z - "And the music I be making
I dumb down for my audience
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
Yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But I did five Mil)
I ain't been rhyming like Common since"

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2011, 03:02:29 PM »
this might be one of the stupidest arguments ever...Jay Z has admitted he had to be the opposite of real to continue making money

LOL real spit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
(But I did five Mil)

That's a hustla hustlin'. Straight realness. Again, unless you're retarded, dumbing down lyrics, but spitting the same message doesn't have an effect on realness.

One minute Pac wanted peace & wanted to see "changes" & the next he wanted to kill niggas where they stood. Those kind of contradicting ideals are exactly what define not being real.

Pac at heart probably wanted to make a changes, but he wanted to be socially accepted by his black brothas, so he kept it thug when he could. It explains why NIK is defending him so hard. NIK is similar, except he wants to be accepted by an internet community.

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
(But I did five Mil)

That's a hustla hustlin'. Straight realness. Again, unless you're retarded, dumbing down lyrics, but spitting the same message doesn't have an effect on realness.

One minute Pac wanted peace & wanted to see "changes" & the next he wanted to kill niggas where they stood. Those kind of contradicting ideals are exactly what define not being real.

Pac at heart probably wanted to make a changes, but he wanted to be socially accepted by his black brothas, so he kept it thug when he could. It explains why NIK is defending him so hard. NIK is similar, except he wants to be accepted by an internet community.

u realize ur so dumb that people think ur trolling, right? just checkin.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
(But I did five Mil)

I fail to see how that proves me wrong that Pac wanted peace & murder simultaneously.

Sccit

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »
And double my dollars
They criticize me for it
If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyrically
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
(But I did five Mil)

I fail to see how that proves me wrong that Pac wanted peace & murder simultaneously.

pac was somewhat bipolar, so that was actually him bein him. he spoke what he felt, from the heart...jay-z is just a fake fuck who wanted desperately to be pac, big, etc., so he swagger-jacked all of em. if pac was fake, jay-z is even faker for imitating a fake dude. now stfu, kid.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »
The only thing you have against Jay are those lines from The Black Album. Which in reality only shows how much of a hustla he is.

& how did Jay try to be Pac? I can see Big.

Realness doesn't affect my thoughts of an artist though. I have nothing against Pac at all. I think you're just mistaking "real" with "deep". Yeah, Pac was deep as fuck and talked about serious things, that had substance. But as a human being & as a persona, he isn't realer than Jay.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
Pac wanted to fit in with the gangsters which is sad cause there are many pro black/positive brothers that lose there way trying to fit in with the "wrong crowd."

I don't know if it was that simple. Pac was obviously a smart dude with strong political ideas, he wasn't just hanging with the wrong crowd for no reason. When i watch the interviews from around that time it seems Tupac felt like he had to represent for that 'wrong crowd', because nobody else did. Not just by talking about it on his records, but by being active in the community. He wanted to unite the gangs and turn it into something positive.

Of course, at the same time all that crazyness was happening, with the shooting, jail time, the media, trouble with his friends, etc. My guess is all that stuff combined drove him into increasingly wild behaviour. Saying that he wanted to fit in and was just a 'studio gangster' doesn't show the whole picture.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2011, 04:33:37 PM »
real and rap don't go together ... it's just entertainment , fiction ... and the little part of truth is adapted/exaggerated most of the time ... I love this music but hip hop is a liars music

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2011, 06:30:53 PM »
The answer is yes, and I'm a use pac words. Pac said jayz was broke and said he was balling, well most of pacs doe was on loan from suge (not saying he didn't have nothing pac bill waltons) and jay actually came in with street money (and not no nicks and dimes cash), yet pac told the world hov was broke and his groupies believed cause pac said so yet russell simmons and other label heads spoke about the "paper bag" attempts   lol. Flash forward pac died with not the doe of a baller, and jay has more  money then pacs label owner had at his height in wealth. Don't get no realer then that yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »
Jay-Z raps about "making it" mow because he's on top. Let's not forget earlier in his career he was another hip-hop / bling bling / wish I was tony montanna rapper.

Your "facts" about pac are crap. He said he quit selling drugs because he saw people selling sentimental items like wedding rings for drugs and he didn't want to be apart of taking their soul. Fuck being "real" that's some grown man shit. Besides that he talked about thug life and he certainly lived it. He shot cops, rolled with real street niggas like haitaian jack and king tut, got shot and survived. Etc etc etc. Pac was one of the last rappers to actually live what he talked about. Did he do 100% of the things he rapped about? No. And guess what, NO rapper has!

Cmon son, if you're that big of a Pac fan you would know all the facts I've said about him are true. You've seen Resurrection right? He says it in his own words.

As for Jay-Z, before he started rapping he was a dealer on the corner. And guess what, he rapped about it on Reasonable Doubt. It's a known fact that 2Pac didn't do any of the shit he rapped about until AFTER he became a rapper. That's not real. Look at the facts and not your emotional connection to an artist you like.

jay-z also raps about making moves with some big street dude named Dehaven.....then they interviewed Dehaven and he said Jay was nothing but a small time hustler just like any other kid in the ghetto who got allured into that shit........but when u hear Reasonable Doubt, Jay raps like he's fucking Frank Lucas................thats the same shit Pac does.....yet Pac actually writes stories about real tragic events, like Brenda's Baby, and when he does rap about drug dealing, it was never to glamorize it like the way Jay does it, it was always to show the struggle behind it.........see thats the diff between Pac and Jay.......they both fabricate stories they've heard or indirectly went through in a very artistic way but the overall message behind Pac's songs were always about struggle while with Jay it was always about being that dude........see thats the difference, and IMO, that simple difference alone makes Pac way realer than Jay will ever be........

btw Reasonable Doubt is like my favorite album.....I love the way he glamorizes all that hustler shit, especially on Can I Live, that song is the shit.......but at the end of the day, I know its all just exaggerated depictions of what he really went through.......the reason why I like Pac better is because he exaggerates about the "real" shit he went through in order to give the listener a sense of how hard it was while with Jay, I honestly never felt a sense of struggle or hardships in his songs.....just a sense of how "cool" he is
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:08:19 PM by blunts40sbitches »