Author Topic: Snoop dissin' Warren G/Daz?  (Read 1738 times)

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
Snoop dissin' Warren G/Daz?
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
I'm obviously way behind on this, but I was on Warren G's twitter and there was a link to an interview with Snoop that some dude brought to his attention and Warren G said somethin like "that's the motha fuckin thanks I get?"  Not sure if I can post the link, but here it is.  http://rapresearcharchive.blogspot.com/2010/10/snoop-speaks-on-producer-credits-dr.html

Looks like this was October 2010.  Snoop says Warren G's latest record (G-Files) is Hot to death yet calls all his other solo's by him and Daz garbage saying basically Dre made Warren and Daz and they never had hit records before him, how Daz didn't really "produce" Dogg Food.  Sounds like a bunch of bullshit, Snoop seriously trippin here.  He should take a look at his own catalog before he says all their solos are garbage especially when Warren's catalog is more consistent than Snoops.  (At least in my opinion).

And Warren G's response on twitter as noted above makes it sound like he wasn't even aware of this.

Just thought I'd post it up for a little insight as I must've missed it and for all you guys that caught it at the time it actually happened, what do you think the deal is?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Snoop dissin' Warren G/Daz?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 10:47:47 PM »
Lol that's from a interview i did with Snoop in 07 or 08

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 10:51:55 PM »
Who cares what snoop thinks, he's clinically brain dead

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:54:28 PM »
Who cares what snoop thinks, he's clinically brain dead

you're talking about gio budden  :loser:
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
Snoop regularly "disses" people he's supposed to be close with. He's always dissing Dr.Dre - did it recently again. I think he clearly means no harm, he's just somebody who speaks his mind and isn't too concerned about how it's perceived.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »
Yeah, that interview is LEGENDARY. Snoop seemed real pissed at you when you brought up the similarities between the Round Here beat and the beat to Stan. All that shit he talked about being a gangsta and not listening to Eminem was hilarious. Snoop was pissed. Probably high as a motherfucker as well.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:33:39 PM »
Yeah, what's funny was he was just trying to bring up that they used the same sample and Snoop couldn't figure that out. He was acting like he never heard "Stan" before.

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »

Thanks for the info!  I knew I had to miss this, can't believe he says the shit he's saying.  And to think that years later it seems Warren G didn't even know he said it?  Ha ha.  Wow.  Good interview though, so props!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
Yeah, that interview is LEGENDARY. Snoop seemed real pissed at you when you brought up the similarities between the Round Here beat and the beat to Stan. All that shit he talked about being a gangsta and not listening to Eminem was hilarious. Snoop was pissed. Probably high as a motherfucker as well.

haha thanks bro.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:06 AM »
Yeah that interview was somethin else. Lol @ people still saying snoop is "humble"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Quadruple OG

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »

Imagine how pissed he'd be now if someone pointed out he used practically the same beat for two songs back to back on The Doggumentary

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »
Yeah that interview was somethin else. Lol @ people still saying snoop is "humble"

I thought he made some points. I mean whether or not i agree, he still made some good points. I don't see how that made him come off as arrogant and even if it did, everybody has their moments.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »
Yes sir! Nina did the interview and thank you for that because u asked alot of great questions that the fans been wanting to know for years. It's a cool piece, great interview. I don't take it as Snoop dissin' Warren G and Daz. I took it as Snoop setting the record straight. He love all of those guys. Why would he diss them. He just was setting the record straight. It's been in question for years and still is to alot of those til this day.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 11:30:21 AM »
The major point you guys are missing is how stupid the statement was. Didn't he say some shit like 'yeah they made the beats but they didn't deserve those records because they didn't have any hits'

Gee snoop, maybe they would have hits if dre didn't swipe their best material away from them
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dane

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 01:29:17 AM »
Yeah, that interview made me wonder if him and Eminem dislike each other, since he disowned him like that, maybe jealous over Dre's relationship or something