Author Topic: Free Download: L.A.M.B - "The L.A.M.B EP" - LAMB drops its debut mixtape!  (Read 2475 times)

MUHFUKKA

HAHAHAHAHA

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Sccit

REVIEW
L.A.M.B. - "The L.A.M.B EP" 2011

For many of us, there are memories unique to our childhood that that involved getting together and making pretend worlds with friends. Pirates, Ninja Turtles, Cowboys, Cops, etc...Our sheltered young minds were content with spending entire long summer days dreaming up alternate realities where we were larger than life. Those memories shaped who we were, molded our imaginations, and gave us hopes and dreams before the weight of reality got to us in our adolescence and young adulthood.

Fortunately for a few kids from Southern California's sunny, suburban San Fernando Valley, that waking up never occurred. The LAMB crew, which stands for LA's Most Blunted, is a small clique of white and middle eastern potheads who have either refused, or were never required to grow up. They are still in perpetual play time. However, instead of rallying in the tree house, spying on neighbor girls, the LAMB crew is mostly found huddled around a cheap recording set up in leader Elior Maimon's father's house, laying down rap lyrics.

Their lyrical content is a throw back to when you as a child thought yourself invincible, and worth much more than what you actually contributed to the world. No more are their fantasies about pirates and monsters though, rather an amalgamation of gangsta rap imagery they picked up throughout the years watching BET for hours while their parents were elsewhere.  Lo-fi, bastardized versions of G-funk instrumentals provide the sonic backdrop, while imagined tales of Death Row Records-era ghetto lifestyles are laid down on what is quite possibly a cheap webcam microphone.

The finished product is like a window back in time to you and your friends doodling rocket ships and telling stories, only this time around the stories are not of alien space travel, but a lifestyle alien to yours and recorded in the form of hip hop, not crayon drawings.

So, it this an EP, or a mixtape? We're not sure. We are sure of this: All cultural misappropriation, lack of credibility, and painfully obvious self loathing aside, "The L.A.M.B. EP" is an endearing take on the fantasies of young boys, warped in to those of ignorant man-children. A fun experience overall, just don't let these boys out of the valley to go try and shop this record at any South Central flea markets, for then the magic will end when they realize they are in for a big surprise.

good looks on the review, but u got a few of the facts wrong...vocals were laced at roccy's pad on a high-end pro-tools mic, and all the beats are optimum quality=320kbps & higher. u definitely gotta step your musical ear up if u want any chance at improving ur amateur beats. maybe one day ull get good enough for us to consider using one of 'em.

btw...roccy aint even from the suburbs, u squarebear .. this mixtape was recorded in a hood where u'd get ur ass raped walkin the streets alone at night. ur post is funny and rich in comedic value...but thats why it's a joke, just like ur dignity and respect (or lack thereof). the underlying tone of ur post holds no authenticity, only resentment and envy. jokes, though. provides good material for my groupies to skeet over.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:18:59 AM by NIKCC »

Sccit

[
L.A.M.B.- "The L.A.M.B. EP" - Dubcc Review - By Infinite

The West Coast has been kind of quiet since the days when hydraulics, low-riders, and 40 ounce bottles used to dominate the imagery of rap's mainstream.  Surprisingly, the generation that grew up on such music, has gone a different route; heading South for the snapping and popping, making club music and rap/R&B fusion, complete with autotune and tight jeans.  While Odd Future's Tyler the Creator has had success opening up his own lame with suicidal thoughts, emo rap, and shock value lyrics; many fans are still waiting for West Coast artists to emerge that respect what came before while still promoting something new and creative.

Enter, the L.A.M.B. crew.  An acronym standing for LA's most blunted.  The crew is made up of Sccit, Roccy, Infinite (who was away in KC and unable to appear on the mixtape), and the late emcee Lights (who was tragically killed in a car wreck shortly after joining the crew in 2009).  

In their first offering "The L.A.M.B. EP" mixtape, they make their mark early with the lead single "Creepin".  Creepin introduces the group to listeners as they are, just doing everyday shit, chilling, hanging out, smoking kush...shit that everyone can relate to ("I chill in the Hills/bitch this ain't no hood shit"), while still letting haters know their place if they want drama "I'm a hoodlum still/ you think I wouldn't kill/ cause my hood is chill/ those assumptions will get you killed!"   The beat is a throwback to West Coast yesteryear, but fills a void for many fans who still feel that.  

Then the second track quickly changes themes, showing the groups range.  "Ana Ayala" is more Tyler the Creator speaking to his multiple voices in his head then it is Xzibit advertising bitches, blunts and West Coast livin.  Out West listeners may recall Brother Lynch Hung trying to digest this track.  It's horrorcore rap, as the group contemplates the "fingers in the chili" and how they got there.  

The duo reverts back to the style from their opening track, on the third joint "L.A.M.B.".   A flute-inspired fun track with a carnival-esque beat.  Lyrics are mostly braggadocio, partying and good times while smashing on haters in the process.  Roccy's off the cuff lyrics serve well on this track, as he introduces himself to a prospective girlfriend by simply stating, "you like me, I like you too/ let's keep it that way/ don't ever fuck around/ the last bitch that cheated was found in the lake--DROWNED!"  

Next up is probably their most inspiring track to date, "Live For The Moment" comes in like a revelation; seen through Sccit's cloudy blunt filled thoughts as they interact with the world.   Roccy questions, "So I take a step back and I think/ why is my mind/ clogged like a sink/ take a hit of the blunt as it burns/ stop living in your mind and missing out on the world."   He further warns to live for the moment, "The past ain't gonna help you/ and looking to far ahead is bad for your health/ the temperature is rising/ and it just might melt you".   Roccy comes in and blows the spot with some surprising revelations and spiritual reflections listeners may hope to hear more of in future offerings-- "My mind is consumed with doubt/ they say got to pay the price to get to heaven what's the amount/ can I pay with a check, or is it cash only/ if so let me put this tech to my head and die lonely!"  A highly potent rhyme describing spending and living over one's means even if at great risk, the value of the moment is "what's right!"--and can't be overlooked.

Next up comes one of the dopest cuts "Round and Round".  The track is lead on by a bass thump that forms the background of the song, and it could be easily overlooked just how conscious this track is.  It opens up with Sccit contemplating karma, fate, and follows with Roccy's contemplative flow "I go round and round like a carousel/ through the ups and downs like a ferris wheel... you ever read the Torah, you ever read the Bible, you ever read the Qu'ran/ if not then you probably don't know what's going on", pointing to the common threads in Holy Scriptures teaching that you shall "reap what you sow".  

On "Man's World" it's G's up and hoes down once more for the new millennium.  In sharp contrast to the girl power music and snappin and poppin, club hopping popcorn music that is proliferating the clubs today.  Roccy and Sccit put it down hard on the bitches, "Don't forget who bends over and takes it"-Sccit spits, only to be topped by Roccy's "If I say sit/ be a dog-Goddammit!"  The James Brown sample inspires the track with flawless production and mixing for an up and coming crew.  James Brown and Beyonce go toe to toe as the track mixes to completion, and it's obvious who comes out on top.  "It's A Man's World", but in irony the crew is forced to admit as a final note "but it wouldn't be nothing without a woman".

On "My Dogg's" Sccit displays his range as an emcee, spitting out rapid fire flows, with muliiple rhyme schemes.  While Roccy compliments with more off the cuff rhymes "Mom says I'm a nice kid/but I'm cold like an ice pick".   The chorus roars through to completion, expressing their bond as a crew in the most aggressive language possible.

"The Robbery" rushes through the speakers pullin a caper on the eardrums.  "Head full of lead your dead/ blood flowing out this punks head/ nough said", fires Sccit as screams and sirens thump in the background bringing the track to full life.   By the second verses the crew is riding off from the cops "Got to shut this sluts face/ she's acting like she must love rape", Roccy raps unmercifully as the screams threaten to alert the attention of those passing by.  

The album finishes with the violin lead "Brutality", which finds Sccit flowing off his ass, Roccy high off his ass, and that's when the fun begins.  Roccy again contrasts the innocent image his mother has misplaced upon him, "Some say I'm a gift/ others say Lucifer dropped".   Roccy is at his lyrical best on this track, as his off the cuff rhymes find their peek.  Sccit's flow is at it's best, providing the perfect compliment to each other as the album finishes on a high note.

major props on the track by track review 8)

Jay Bananas

u mistaking, buddy...vocals were laced at roccy's pad, and all the beats are optimum quality=320kbps & higher. microphone is also a high-end pro-tools mic, not a webcam mic. u definitely gotta step your musical ear game up if u want any chance at improving ur beats. maybe one day ull get good enough for us to consider using one of 'em.

*A 320 bounce from low quality audio samples will not improve the sound, period. The beats need to be mixed within your DAW rather than imported as one whole track, whic is what they sound like. Don't try lying to us, you can't fool everyone, especially someone who spends most of their days in an actual recording studio.

*What is a Pro Tools mic?

*Don't worry about my musical game. I'm not the one pouring out my alternate reality all over dubcc. Save your energy for that, not trying to argue the merits of your production with a studio engineer. It will be a losing battle.

Sccit

u mistaking, buddy...vocals were laced at roccy's pad, and all the beats are optimum quality=320kbps & higher. microphone is also a high-end pro-tools mic, not a webcam mic. u definitely gotta step your musical ear game up if u want any chance at improving ur beats. maybe one day ull get good enough for us to consider using one of 'em.

*A 320 bounce from low quality audio samples will not improve the sound, period. The beats need to be mixed within your DAW rather than imported as one whole track, whic is what they sound like. Don't try lying to us, you can't fool everyone, especially someone who spends most of their days in an actual recording studio.

*Don't worry about my musical game. I'm not the one pouring out my alternate reality all over dubcc. Save your energy for that, not trying to argue the merits of your production with a studio engineer. It will be a losing battle.

bump the tracks in ur whip, amat-ear...the quality is not "lo-fi" lmao. and my "alternate reality" aint any more exaggerated than 2pac, brotha lynch, tech n9ne, eminem, or any of the other rappers i grew up bangin, so miss me with that hate shit....

and ur a studio engineer? who are u tryna fool lmao....ur beats sound like video game reject beats, who the fuck will give u studio time? smh.

Jay Bananas

Alright Scittles, I'll leave you with the final word then. You need it more than me. Good luck with your career as a rapper.

Sccit

Good luck with your career as a rapper.

^if only u really meant that

Sikotic™

Downloaded it. I'll give it a listen tomorrow and drop some feedback.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

and my "alternate reality" aint any more exaggerated than 2pac, brotha lynch, tech n9ne, eminem, or any of the other rappers i grew up bangin, so miss me with that hate shit....

LOL, yes it is. The worst thing you ever did to somebody was block them on facebook & the worst thing that ever happened in your life was your life being exposed on the internet.

Sccit

and my "alternate reality" aint any more exaggerated than 2pac, brotha lynch, tech n9ne, eminem, or any of the other rappers i grew up bangin, so miss me with that hate shit....

LOL, yes it is. The worst thing you ever did to somebody was block them on facebook & the worst thing that ever happened in your life was your life being exposed on the internet.

spitting falsities doesn't make you any more of a man, young biebs...even if it's the popular thing to do.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

spitting falsities doesn't make you any more of a man, young biebs...even if it's the popular thing to do.

That's the difference between us. I don't view things said/done on here as contributions towards my manhood.

But I will steal a line out of your book & say "I just spit the real truth, everytime". The problem there is, you can't face the realities of your life.

Also, after seeing how quickly you defended the hood Roccy was from or in or whatever as if it was as bad as Compton twenty years ago, it's pretty obvious if you ever did anything bad in your life you'd be the first to jump & say what you've done that was bad.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:55:17 PM by Chamillitary Click, literally. »

MUHFUKKA

hahahahahaha sure thing lamby pie :-*

Sccit

That's the difference between us. I don't view things said/done on here as contributions towards my manhood.

But I will steal a line out of your book & say "I just spit the real truth, everytime". The problem there is, you can't face the realities of your life.

Also, after seeing how quickly you defended the hood Roccy was from or in or whatever as if it was as bad as Compton twenty years ago, it's pretty obvious if you ever did anything bad in your life you'd be the first to jump & say what you've done that was bad.

how could it be the truth if it's a lie? your world is twisted and u obviously got a lot of growin to do, kid.  please don't take your growing pains out in my album thread, like u do in all my other music threads.thnx.

MUHFUKKA

use this as your album cover

its a lamb sucking its dads dick. kinda like how you leech off your parents

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Like I said. Worst thing you ever did was remove someone off Facebook & the biggest thing to trouble your life is being exposed.

Your Hip Hop is one billion times more exaggerated than everyone you named.

Tupac went to jail & killed two cops. You have a gay brother & two retarded friends. It's not comparable.