Author Topic: Free Download: L.A.M.B - "The L.A.M.B EP" - LAMB drops its debut mixtape!  (Read 2495 times)

jeromechickenbone

REVIEW
L.A.M.B. - "The L.A.M.B EP" 2011

For many of us, there are memories unique to our childhood that that involved getting together and making pretend worlds with friends. Pirates, Ninja Turtles, Cowboys, Cops, etc...Our sheltered young minds were content with spending entire long summer days dreaming up alternate realities where we were larger than life. Those memories shaped who we were, molded our imaginations, and gave us hopes and dreams before the weight of reality got to us in our adolescence and young adulthood.

Fortunately for a few kids from Southern California's sunny, suburban San Fernando Valley, that waking up never occurred. The LAMB crew, which stands for LA's Most Blunted, is a small clique of white and middle eastern potheads who have either refused, or were never required to grow up. They are still in perpetual play time. However, instead of rallying in the tree house, spying on neighbor girls, the LAMB crew is mostly found huddled around a cheap recording set up in leader Elior Maimon's father's house, laying down rap lyrics.

Their lyrical content is a throw back to when you as a child thought yourself invincible, and worth much more than what you actually contributed to the world. No more are their fantasies about pirates and monsters though, rather an amalgamation of gangsta rap imagery they picked up throughout the years watching BET for hours while their parents were elsewhere.  Lo-fi, bastardized versions of G-funk instrumentals provide the sonic backdrop, while imagined tales of Death Row Records-era ghetto lifestyles are laid down on what is quite possibly a cheap webcam microphone.

The finished product is like a window back in time to you and your friends doodling rocket ships and telling stories, only this time around the stories are not of alien space travel, but a lifestyle alien to yours and recorded in the form of hip hop, not crayon drawings.

So, it this an EP, or a mixtape? We're not sure. We are sure of this: All cultural misappropriation, lack of credibility, and painfully obvious self loathing aside, "The L.A.M.B. EP" is an endearing take on the fantasies of young boys, warped in to those of ignorant man-children. A fun experience overall, just don't let these boys out of the valley to go try and shop this record at any South Central flea markets, for then the magic will end when they realize they are in for a big surprise.

+10000000000000

that was great

jeromechickenbone

I will check it and leave my thoughts.  RIP to Lights, for real.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
NIK, you're hilarious when you scramble to come up with some nonsense excuse. It's priceless.

Sccit

NIK, you're hilarious when you scramble to come up with some nonsense excuse. It's priceless.

smh, excuse for what, biebs? your mind seemingly gets younger with each post.

Sccit

Dl'd the album and checking it in the ride.  Ill drop some feedback after a thorough review.  Nice to see an album from Dub vets.

respect n good looks, lookin forward 2 ur critique 8)

Sccit

"Anna Ayala" is very dope. You should make more songs with that kind of vibe.

^ this

not bad NIK, you held your own

P R 8) P S

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

That excuse. Your belittling of age, as if you know what you're talking about. You're just upset & have nothing else to possibly say. It's cool, I can't blame you. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sccit

That excuse. Your belittling of age, as if you know what you're talking about. You're just upset & have nothing else to possibly say. It's cool, I can't blame you. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

excuse for what? make sense. what is that an excuse for? am i making an excuse for your lowlife behavior, mockin dead peeps n behaving with no class or dignity, as only an immature fuck with no LIFE EXPERIENCE would? Is that what i'm makin an excuse for? make sense, retard.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^LOL, you just said it "makes sense" that you're making an "excuse". Meaning it's just an excuse for you being upset & not having anything to say.

This nigga has been on the net since before I was born & he's still looking for dignity on it. Fucking clown.

Sccit

^LOL, you just said it "makes sense" that you're making an "excuse". Meaning it's just an excuse for you being upset & not having anything to say.

This nigga has been on the net since before I was born & he's still looking for dignity on it. Fucking clown.

son, what the fuck are u tryna say? lmao do u realize how fuckin retarded u sound?? really,  either u post just for the sake of havin a reply, or ur the dumbest muthafucka i've ever met in my entire life.

if anyone understands what this fruity kid is sayin, lemme know

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Free Download: L.A.M.B - "The L.A.M.B EP" - LAMB drops its debut mixtape!
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »
^LOL, what a clown. How often do you visit his grave where it bothers you this much?

The Watcher

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2011, 06:57:08 PM »
5 pages of NIK & cham going back & forth?

awesome, just awesome
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
NIK is paying me $45 dollars via Pay-Pal to keep bumping this thread for exposure.

Sccit

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »
5 pages of NIK & cham going back & forth?

awesome, just awesome

filter out cham's cocklickin, and u got about a page of props on the project...check it out,

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
all forum jokes aside, thats hella foul to disrespect the dead...