Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10003 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2011, 01:32:24 AM »
Wow album started off ridiculously good, but dropped off in a major way once it hit the joint with Jeezy. You got about 3-4 joints with RnB singers that could have all interchanged with each other. I actually really dig "Mama Knows" Games flow was dope, parts of it sounded like a throwback joint, I would of liked to see him and Pharell make more music like this. Last track is cool too, parallel to "Like Father, Like Son" but different vibe, I can dig it.

I can't see why he didn't keep "Lost" for this album, shit didn't leak and he just gave it away. "Soft Rhodes" and "Make Up Sex" could have replaced any of the rnb joints on the album but would of sounded that much better.

I dunno, with all the mixtapes he's given us I could make a pretty sick album that will stay in rotation for a while, but it seems Jimmy got in his ear a bit too much with the final tracklist.

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2011, 01:37:29 AM »
Check it, I did it like this. Smoked a blunt and took a cruise in the car with my speakers on blast the whole way through. Best way to listen to music is faded. This album is just as good as the Documentary in my opinion. I feel like all his albums delivered. I know everyone on here loves to get critical of him but this shit bangs. Stop being lame ass fools and just bump the shit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2011, 01:57:51 AM »
LAX = DOC ?
Yes, although I have included the four bonus tracks on LAX (Camera Phone, Nice, Spanglish, Big Dreams). Beats are better on The Doc, but The Game was better in every way on LAX - better use of his voice, better flow, better lyrics. And LAX had PERSONALITY, something which R.E.D. in all its genericness is totally lacking. But D.A. is BY FAR his best album. It's not close. Infact, it's my favourite hip-hop album post 2000.

Okka

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2011, 02:04:27 AM »
Wow album started off ridiculously good, but dropped off in a major way once it hit the joint with Jeezy.

I don't think "Paramedics" or "Speakers On Blast" are that bad though. After those two songs the album gets real weak.

there is no deluxe edition ... game said Interscope wanted him to only put 12 tracks on the album and make a deluxe version but Game decided to put all 17 songs in the "normal" edition ... something along those words

I'm not sure if this is true, but here's how my "12 songs" version of the album would look like.

01. Dr. Dre Intro
02. The City (feat. Kendrick Lamar)
03. Drug Test (feat. Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg)
04. Martians Vs. Goblins (feat. Tyler The Creator & Lil Wayne)
05. Dr. Dre Skit #1
06. Ricky
07. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
08. Heavy Artillery (feat. Beanie Sigel & Rick Ross)
09. Dr. Dre Skit #2
10. Monsters In My Head
11. 25 To Life
12. Dr. Dre Outro

Deluxe Edition Bonus Songs:
13. Paramedics (feat. Young Jeezy)
14. Speakers On Blast (feat. Big Boi & E-40)
15. Can You Believe It (feat. Lil Wayne & Baby)
16. Wow (feat. Gucci Mane)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:48:20 AM by Okka »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2011, 03:26:22 AM »
note that the beginning of drug test was cut off
I've never understood why a track leaking somehow disqualifies it from album inclusion. The fact is that only hardcore hip-hop fans listen to leaked songs on the net. Mainstream rappers with a mainstream audience, of which Game is one, should care one way or the other about a few early leaks. But what is arguably worse than not including great lekaed tracks like Rough and Monsters In My Head, is voluntarily throwing away some of your very best material on mixtapes. "Lost" is one of the best tracks on every level that Game has ever done and he put that on a mixtape? Crazy.

Anyway, on my first listen now and I'm digging it so far, but I haven't gotten to the dreaded commercial part of the album yet.
yeah i think it's a weak argument.

Okka

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2011, 03:28:33 AM »
Anybody got "Lost", i don't think i've heard it. Wanna hear it since everybody sayin' it's dope.

Lucifuge

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2011, 03:35:41 AM »
"WOW" is fcking benger!!! on first listing its ok. Firist couple tracks are fire...
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

simple

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2011, 03:51:40 AM »
Anybody got "Lost", i don't think i've heard it. Wanna hear it since everybody sayin' it's dope.

http://hulkshare.com/moh76z9h690x

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2011, 04:06:19 AM »
Anyone else notice how fucking LOUD this album is. It sounds like it's been completely and utterly CRUSHED by brickwall limiting. All mainstream hip-hop albums are mastered loud these days, but this is ridiculous. It's gets very tiring on the ears. Game's previous albums weren't this crushed.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »
This album sounds very rushed.... yeah I know wtf.. but it really does.. Last minute picks makin it a random pile of dope tracks, average tracks and mixtape worthy joints.

Shit album.

chtimixeur

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2011, 05:28:55 AM »
Here is my ideal tracklist :
1. InfraRED (4:39)
2. L.A. Times (4:07)
3. Born In The Trap (3:46)
4. The City (feat. Kendrick Lamar) (5:41)
5. Ricky (4:06)
6. Diamonds (feat. K-Young) (3:26)
7. Turn Off The Lights (3:21)
8. Ain't No Doubt About It (feat. Justin Timberlake) (4:23)
9. Bang Along (5:41)
10. American Dream (3:15)
11. Supastar (feat. Ashley Cole & Mike Epps) (5:37)
12. In my '64 (feat. Pharrell & Snoop Dogg) (3:17)
13. Phantom (feat. Robin Thicke) (3:54)
14. On The Block (feat. Snoop Dogg) (4:10)
15. Laugh (3:34)
16. Better Days (5:35)
17. Mama Knows (feat. Nelly Furtado) (3:52)
18. Monsters In My Head (3:49)
19. Show Is Over (1:46)

78 minutes, and for me, much much better than the official album. Too bad all those tracks ended up on mixtapes.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2011, 06:08:02 AM »
martians vs goblins has a sick beat 8) wayne sounds silly on the hook though. The D.O.C. would fit more

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2011, 06:47:37 AM »
really like the album...with the exception of that lloyd joint, the wale joint, and the jeezy shit (which i thought i would like :-\ ima replace this with the boosie 187 track which is much better) but i get why those songs r on there....but i wish jimmy iovine or however u say his name would realize that he should let the artist be who he/she is if his album is hard than let it be hard real hip hop fans will buy the shit regardless....but whatever he super paid so he must know somethin i dont...either way i like it still...but ima do what someone else in this thread mentioned and thats take some filler tracks from purp and patron and candy coronas and red and then make my own perfect red album...prolly somethin like this

the city
drug test
MvG
red nation
good girls gone bad
heavy artilery
Lost
speakers on blast
the kill
this way
all i know
born in the trap
moma knows
cali dream
bottles n rockin js
im the king

the last 2 r my bonus tracks

8)

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »
 1. Dr. Dre Intro
2. You Are The Blood (Ft. Sufjan Stevens)
3. L.A Times
4. My 6-4 (Ft. Pharrell & Snoop Dogg)
5. Dr. Dre 1
6. It Must Be Me (Ft. Pharrell)
7. Big Money
8. Slangin' Rocks (Ft. Eazy E)
9. Shake
10. Dr. Dre 2
11. Cold Blood (Ft. Busta Rhymes & Dre)
12. Good Girls Go Bad (Ft. Drake)
13. Ricky
14. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
15. HaHaHaHaHa
16. Dr. Dre Outro
17. Stadium Music
18. Rough (Ft. Yelawolf) (No chorus version)
19. Pot Of Gold (Ft. Chris Brown)
20. Mama Knows (Ft. Nelly Furtado)
21. California Dream
22. The Ocean (Ft. Dre. Dre & Busta Rhymes)
23. Heaven
24. R.I.P Story

I need to find a placement of Born In The Trap which is an incredible track but due to the low level rise from the piano and its content I think it should be an introduction track and don't like it's placement on the original album.

Anyways, I don't care that I only like about a 3rd of the actual album because artist these days have problem with sample clearances or label politics and they're songs intended for the album that end up on street tapes (original content). I'm of the i-pod generation and with Game I have no problem making a solid album from the R.E.D recording sessions.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
lol its not a good sign when you've got everyone coming up with fake tracklists to make the album dope. I'll listen today and drop my thoughts.