Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10101 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »
There's alot of closed minded people on this forum, especially if you can't listen to a joint about chicks, which makes me feel like most of you haven't been laid before.

You turn to Game for songs about girls? I'd rather listen to Drake rap/sing about bitches. There are plenty of dope mainstream songs about bitches than to some average Game attempt at it.

& the Dre skits? Such a joke. Game probably paid Dre a cool million to do those lol.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2011, 05:50:08 PM »
There's alot of closed minded people on this forum, especially if you can't listen to a joint about chicks, which makes me feel like most of you haven't been laid before.

You turn to Game for songs about girls? I'd rather listen to Drake rap/sing about bitches. There are plenty of dope mainstream songs about bitches than to some average Game attempt at it.

& the Dre skits? Such a joke. Game probably paid Dre a cool million to do those lol.

i dont turn to him for it, but if its on his album i'll peep it and some of the tracks he's done have been nice. "Special" and "dont worry" were both dope. "Gentlemans affair" from LAX was real nice mostly because JR Rotem, even touchdown had a dope ass beat, game did what he had to do on that and now "hello" is definitely some shit i can play

i respect your opinion there, but i think the production on the tracks about girls is usually top notch. Game carried hello with some nice production and help from llyod with ad libs and etc making it real smooth
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:54:03 PM by friscoliving »

shmosh

« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »
Is this an aftermath release?

I'm thinking of just buying it, I already have all of his other albums.

it's Aftermath.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »
^is there any confirmation on that? Its pretty much the same shit at interscope. If it says aftermath that just means Dre's getting more money off this. Publishing fail if so, no actual Dre beats he just talks and gets paid.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
The one thing cool I guess about Game is that whether you like certain songs or not, unlike other artists, there won't be much in the unreleased department. You have 4 albums + worth of material to bump at your disposal.

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »
This is my opinion, and lookin at other peoples reviews I know people gonna come at me for this but fuck it.

Apart from a few tracks this album is trash. I mean Game is 1 of 2 (other being Snoop) of the biggest artists on the West and he come with this Southern soundin shit. Ricky is Fire, Heavy Artillery is Fire, The Good Bad and Ugly is cool, Martians Vs Goblins got a bangin beat but Game soundin like he tryna be old school Slim Shady and doesn't really fit the album when you got tracks like Ricky. Born in the Trap is bangin but like other people mentioned I dont like the beat switch up when the hook comes in. I guess Pot of Gold has kinda grown on me now, Drug Test is huge dissappointment (or should I say anticapointment). When that photo of Game, Dre and Snoop came out people was expecting Fire. And off topic here but I dont like Sly's influence on Dre, ever since he come on the scene Dre been producing  that club shit (Kush, Mr Prescription, Drug Test). Maybe its not him, Who knows.

Anyway this would be my tracklist, more overall West Coast feel, comparable to DA, I call it RED Album (Street Edition).

1. Violin - Perfect intro (Anyone know who produced this?)
2. Infared - kinda like a 2nd intro/cool freestyle type shit
3. The Good, Bad and the Ugly - Hard beat, Game on dat Gangsta shit
4. Red - Cool head bobbin shit - kinda like an infared part 2 with Redman.
5. I Just want to fuck - smoothe Snoop type track on some modern day Doggystyle shit. Kurupt bringin dat heat (Denaun on the beat)
6. Heavy Artillery - Straight Bangin, don't listen to Rick Ross but he came correct on this, Beans bringin that heat as usual. one of Games best tracks Post DA 8)
7. I'm On - Nice beat by Mars (same sample as Raekwon's Surgical Gloves by Alchemist) overall nice track.
8. LA Times - Cool, slow West Coast shit. Sounds like a DA track. (EP on the beat)
9. Ricky - Up there on Games Top 10 tracks (I prefer this type of shit from Khalil, not Drug test)
10. Monsters in my Head - Some deep Makaveli type shit. Straight heat
11. Lost - Some emotional shit from Game, he always comes correct when goes in this direction.
12. Dead - West Coast Banger right here (produced by 1500)
13. Out of Towner - Cool 90s West Coast feel (produced by Terrace Martin)
14. RIP Story - On some Slick Rick shit but keeps it WC at the same time, laidback shit (Nottz on the beat)
15. The Ocean - Cool Tropical feel. Games flow is on point all the way through, cool hook
16. Undefeated - Beat is familiar to Busta's track with Nas on Big Bang (cant remember the name) Game flows all the way through, nice Aftermath sound to it.
17. California - Perfect way to end the album. Smoothe beat, Smoothe Flow - beat switches up after 1st verse. (Anyone know who produced this?)

This shit would be classic if Game put it out like this but everyone knows Jimmy has the last word.
Just my opinon ;D
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
This is my opinion, and lookin at other peoples reviews I know people gonna come at me for this but fuck it.

Apart from a few tracks this album is trash. I mean Game is 1 of 2 (other being Snoop) of the biggest artists on the West and he come with this Southern soundin shit. Ricky is Fire, Heavy Artillery is Fire, The Good Bad and Ugly is cool, Martians Vs Goblins got a bangin beat but Game soundin like he tryna be old school Slim Shady and doesn't really fit the album when you got tracks like Ricky. Born in the Trap is bangin but like other people mentioned I dont like the beat switch up when the hook comes in. I guess Pot of Gold has kinda grown on me now, Drug Test is huge dissappointment (or should I say anticapointment). When that photo of Game, Dre and Snoop came out people was expecting Fire. And off topic here but I dont like Sly's influence on Dre, ever since he come on the scene Dre been producing  that club shit (Kush, Mr Prescription, Drug Test). Maybe its not him, Who knows.

Anyway this would be my tracklist, more overall West Coast feel, comparable to DA, I call it RED Album (Street Edition).

1. Violin - Perfect intro (Anyone know who produced this?)
2. Infared - kinda like a 2nd intro/cool freestyle type shit
3. The Good, Bad and the Ugly - Hard beat, Game on dat Gangsta shit
4. Red - Cool head bobbin shit - kinda like an infared part 2 with Redman.
5. I Just want to fuck - smoothe Snoop type track on some modern day Doggystyle shit. Kurupt bringin dat heat (Denaun on the beat)
6. Heavy Artillery - Straight Bangin, don't listen to Rick Ross but he came correct on this, Beans bringin that heat as usual. one of Games best tracks Post DA 8)
7. I'm On - Nice beat by Mars (same sample as Raekwon's Surgical Gloves by Alchemist) overall nice track.
8. LA Times - Cool, slow West Coast shit. Sounds like a DA track. (EP on the beat)
9. Ricky - Up there on Games Top 10 tracks (I prefer this type of shit from Khalil, not Drug test)
10. Monsters in my Head - Some deep Makaveli type shit. Straight heat
11. Lost - Some emotional shit from Game, he always comes correct when goes in this direction.
12. Dead - West Coast Banger right here (produced by 1500)
13. Out of Towner - Cool 90s West Coast feel (produced by Terrace Martin)
14. RIP Story - On some Slick Rick shit but keeps it WC at the same time, laidback shit (Nottz on the beat)
15. The Ocean - Cool Tropical feel. Games flow is on point all the way through, cool hook
16. Undefeated - Beat is familiar to Busta's track with Nas on Big Bang (cant remember the name) Game flows all the way through, nice Aftermath sound to it.
17. California - Perfect way to end the album. Smoothe beat, Smoothe Flow - beat switches up after 1st verse. (Anyone know who produced this?)

This shit would be classic if Game put it out like this but everyone knows Jimmy has the last word.
Just my opinon ;D

+1 for the review and don't worry about everybody else, they harmless.

HaHa

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
Great album.  Finally a west coast album with top notch production. All those independent albums that came out this year (WC, Jay rock, dj quik, kendrick, etc) sounded like ass.  Like they were recorded in someone's garage.  Being on a major does have it's advantages.  2,4,7,11,12,17,18 are the best songs.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »
martians vs goblins has a sick beat 8) wayne sounds silly on the hook though. The D.O.C. would fit more

Yup!

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
I see Game is back on his Nas impression's on Born in the Trap...if u didn't know better you would have thought Nas was spittin...lol
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Invincible

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »
Grouprip is out.

Hittman2001

« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
Anyone else notice how fucking LOUD this album is. It sounds like it's been completely and utterly CRUSHED by brickwall limiting. All mainstream hip-hop albums are mastered loud these days, but this is ridiculous. It's gets very tiring on the ears. Game's previous albums weren't this crushed.

yeah i had to turn the volume down and readjust some of my levels...kinda overdone.  unless the rip i got it is no good

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »
Been listening to the album throughout the day...and its a mixed ass bag. There are some great tracks on here. My favorites are Ricky, Martians vs. Goblins, The City and Born in the Trap. Some of his best work for sure. There's also some bullshit songs on here. The southern songs suck (How did Paramedics and Speakers on Blast make it onto the album?). The songs about girls mostly suck (Hello and All the Way Gone are corny sad attempts at generic pop songs, but I liked Good Girls Go Bad. Probably because it didn't try to sound like every other song about girls). Red Nation was weak. Some people hated Pot of Gold but I actually thought it was okay. Drug Test didn't belong on this album, but Game was probably happy to have anything with Dre on it, even if it was weak. The Good, the Bad, the Ugly wasn't bad, just pretty boring for a story track. Heavy Artillery was whatever. It ended on a good note though, with some solid songs.

So basically Game shows he can still make good music, but he's not anywhere close to album of the year. And apparently having Dr. Dre as an executive producer didn't really help at all. I wonder if the version of R.E.D. that Interscope rejected was better or worse than this.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »
martians vs goblins has a sick beat 8) wayne sounds silly on the hook though. The D.O.C. would fit more

Yup!

You're tripping, The D.O.C.'s voice is even more scratchy and unlike wayne has no lilt to it. The song is perfect the way it is.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »

Yup!

You're tripping, The D.O.C.'s voice is even more scratchy and unlike wayne has no lilt to it. The song is perfect the way it is.

For real, and without Wayne the whole "Martians Vs Goblins" concept would be out the window