Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10100 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2011, 10:58:46 AM »
^Oh, I am right. Otherwise you would have posted five songs.
So your personal taste=equals right, am I right?? Maybe I haven't heard the album?? But you sound like you're forcing your opinons down other peoples throats like its a fact.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:02:26 AM by UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2011, 11:02:18 AM »
Your personal taste=equals right, am I right??

L.A.X. is better than R.E.D.

It's not a matter of taste; it's more a certified fact. Anyone whose a fan of Hip Hop & not a Game groupie holding on to that he can still make a dope album, four albums in can see that.

Rapsodie touched on it. This album has no direction. There are like 5 gangbangin' songs, 5 songs for bitches, 5 Southern sounding songs and 4 Dre skits to give some of you guys mad chills. It sounds like he threw a bunch of shit together.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2011, 11:03:48 AM »
Your personal taste=equals right, am I right??

L.A.X. is better than R.E.D.

It's not a matter of taste; it's more a certified fact. Anyone whose a fan of Hip Hop & not a Game groupie holding on to that he can still make a dope album, four albums in can see that.

Rapsodie touched on it. This album has no direction. There are like 5 gangbangin' songs, 5 songs for bitches, 5 Southern sounding songs and 4 Dre skits to give some of you guys mad chills. It sounds like he threw a bunch of shit together.
I've seen other people saying its better than LAX (which was supposedly a abomination of a album). So how is it a certified fact. Explain.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2011, 11:09:19 AM »
RED is wack and i didnt even listen to it........I base this on how bad purp and patron were
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2011, 11:11:03 AM »
Just found L.A.X. in my iTunes library and it has been 8 months since Ive bumped a song off the album
That song was Dope Boys. Rest of the songs has been 1-2 years ago.

R.E.D made me wanna go back  ;D

Such quality back then  8) lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »
RED is wack and i didnt even listen to it........I base this on how bad purp and patron were
So.. your opinion means shit & you just ethered your self. Your'e comparing a mixtape to a retail album (& some might say thats better), but still, really??

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
For me RED is a better album than LAX.
The City
Ricky
Born In The Trap
The Good The Bad The Ugly
Martians Vs Goblins
They're all better than anythin from LAX except maybe House of Pain.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2011, 11:18:45 AM »
For me RED is a better album than LAX.
The City
Ricky
Born In The Trap
The Good The Bad The Ugly
Martians Vs Goblins
They're all better than anythin from LAX except maybe House of Pain.

Wait and see. Bet you the replay value is GARBAGE/NONE EXISTENT!

and none of the songs you mentioned are AMAZING.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2011, 11:31:13 AM »
None of the songs on LAX are amazing. Couldnt tell you the last time i listened to it except House of Pain because its on my gym playlist.

EnzoUK

« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
Ricky alone is better than any song on L.A.X
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
Today is the day where everybody has to go back & bump L.A.X., come back & somehow make an excuse how R.E.D. is equal or a progression to that album.

It's not even close. I'll do it like this, take the five best songs off R.E.D., then I'll let you pick any five songs off L.A.X. (you can throw Touchdown, Gentleman's Affair, etc) & the L.A.X. five will always be better.

Ricky, The City, Born In the Trap, Martians vs Goblins are better than anything off L.A.X. Now you're overrating that because it came out a couple years ago.

But R.E.D.'s shitty songs are worse than anything off LAX.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:36:09 AM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »
I agree that it has some shitty songs but i still think overall its a better album.

simple

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2011, 11:43:15 AM »
Ricky would be 1 of the best songs on any of the 4 albums game has released.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »
I've had a few days to let the album sink in. I think it's a solid effort with a few songs that take time to grow on you. My favorite track at the moment might be Speakers on Blast. Mars really came through with a funky, layered, feel good beat, and I can't think of better features than Big Boi and E-40 to fit that mood. There's a few tracks on here that I sense he was forced to put on by the label, which is unfortunate. Game's at his best (and most other artists as well) when he's not trying to do a track to fit a certain mold or satisfy someone else. Good examples are One Night, Ol' English, Letter to the King, Let Us Live, etc..

Game's never been a super-conscious rapper, and that's why a lot of people who gravitate toward that type of hip-hop don't really like him. His strengths are the vocal performance, delivery, and mood, and occasionally very well crafted wordplay. There's nothing wrong with that at all because I enjoy his music more for the particular atmosphere it conveys rather than a specific message he is trying to tell. He definitely comes through with great storytelling tracks on occasion though.

It's not a "classic" or whatever other absurd label people want to always throw on new releases from anticipated artists. If you go in expecting something earth-shattering you'll rarely ever be satisfied. I think it's unfair to the artist and unfair to your own enjoyment of music. The best way to experience an album is go in without expectations and let the artist take you wherever he/she wants. I also see rating albums pointless because your opinion towards anything in life is always changing and impossible to quantify. You either enjoy it at that moment or you don't.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:04:49 PM by LakersAlldaWay »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
It's funny looking back at peoples comments on LAX when it first dropped, it's almost the same as RED. Not as cohesive, club songs don't fit, etc. Really post Documentary, none of Game's albums have a very cohesive feel to them.