Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10114 times)

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
the album aint all that.. many fillers.. a few good songs.. LAX is waaaaay better.. Ricky is the best track on the album

Matty

« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:50 PM »
It's funny looking back at peoples comments on LAX when it first dropped, it's almost the same as RED. Not as cohesive, club songs don't fit, etc. Really post Documentary, none of Game's albums have a very cohesive feel to them.

really, i thought DA was more cohesive than Documentary if anything. Documentary seems to be mad overated on here, to me at least. The best thing about it is the bangers Dre laced/mixed and the obvious 50 influence back when he was killing it.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
It's funny looking back at peoples comments on LAX when it first dropped, it's almost the same as RED. Not as cohesive, club songs don't fit, etc. Really post Documentary, none of Game's albums have a very cohesive feel to them.

really, i thought DA was more cohesive than Documentary if anything. Documentary seems to be mad overated on here, to me at least. The best thing about it is the bangers Dre laced/mixed and the obvious 50 influence back when he was killing it.

I thought DA more or less followed Documentary. Same producers, similar sounding songs, etc. I agree his first album is a bit overrated.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »
And after the 1st listen, this RED album is dope as fuck.

Matty

« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »

I thought DA more or less followed Documentary. Same producers, similar sounding songs, etc. I agree his first album is a bit overrated.

DA seemed a bit more 'west coast' themed to me, no way Interscope would put out an album sounding like that now. Guaranteed Slim The Mobster has all the next level gangsta style beats that coulda made RED like Documentary and not LAX Pt. 2.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2011, 12:43:36 PM »
This forum has gone off the deep end.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »

DA seemed a bit more 'west coast' themed to me, no way Interscope would put out an album sounding like that now. Guaranteed Slim The Mobster has all the next level gangsta style beats that coulda made RED like Documentary and not LAX Pt. 2.

Agreed, DA does have a more west coast feel to it then any of his albums. Game seems to follow more of a formula as far as production though. Where as DA and LAX had JR Rotem on them alot, this album has Mars featured heavily. LAX had alot of guest appearances, so does RED, and like you said it does have a very LAX Pt 2 feel to it, which is cool with me.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »

Okka

« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2011, 12:49:55 PM »
"LAX" was trash IMO. I only liked two songs from it and i still bump them a lot, but that's it. It's all opinions though.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:52:41 PM by Okka »

Matty

« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »
JR dropped some great production for Game, Scott Storch too. he's lacking that type of vibe from the last two albums, but Dope Boys was crazy. give me this shit over any of the new stuff...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqykBZOhA4s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uqykBZOhA4s</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
Quick look back on LAX

1. Intro
2. LAX Files - 4.5/5.
3. State of Emergency - 4.25/5.
4. Bulletproof Diaries - 4.25/5.
5. My Life - 4/5.
6. Money - 3.5/5.
7. Cali Sunshine - 3/5
8. Ya Heard - 2.75/5
9. Hard Liqor Skit - 3.5/5
10. House of Pain - 4/5
11. Gentlemen's Affair - 3/5
12. Let Us live - 4/5.
13. Touchdown - 3/5
14. Angel - 4.5/5.
15. Never Can Say Goodbye - 4.25/5.
16. Dope Boys - 3.5/5
17. Game's Pain - 3.25/5
18. Letter to the King - 4.25/5
19. Outro

Looking back, probably a better than album RED actually.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »
JR dropped some great production for Game, Scott Storch too. he's lacking that type of vibe from the last two albums, but Dope Boys was crazy. give me this shit over any of the new stuff...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uqykBZOhA4s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uqykBZOhA4s</a>

True. Quik just mixed Dope Boys or did he co produce on it also?

And yes people, Ricky is the SHIT!

Matty

« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2011, 01:01:49 PM »

'mixed' and 'additional production'. sounds crazy though, Quik obviously took that track to the next level 8)

like LAX, i doubt RED will have much or any replay value. Dope Boys is the only track that still gets spins here.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »

'mixed' and 'additional production'. sounds crazy though, Quik obviously took that track to the next level 8)

i doubt RED will have much or any replay value like LAX, Dope Boys is the only one that still gets spins.

I'm starting on my 2nd listen on it. Will have a better feel for it after maybe one more spin but so far so good.

You didnt like House Of Pain from LAX?

Matty

« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »

i doubt RED will have much or any replay value like LAX, Dope Boys is the only one that still gets spins.

I'm starting on my 2nd listen on it. Will have a better feel for it after maybe one more spin but so far so good.

You didnt like House Of Pain from LAX?

nothing on there i'd go back to really, Game's Pain is nice for what it is, Touchdown for a smoother cut, State Of Emergency too. But Dope Boys is easily the stand out 8)

and gonna catch heat for this but i think Make Up Sex is way better than anything on RED, the drums slam and an actual finished Dre beat 8)