Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10109 times)

Cali_Raized

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 05:10:13 AM »
the first 10 tracks of this album are his best work as a whole, after that... tbh the shit sucks.

but the first 10 tracks are insane!

that second half.. ughhhh can only imagine if shit like the kill, rough, monsters in my head etc were on there.

couldnt agree more!  8)

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 05:57:19 AM »
any info on the Delux tracklist?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 06:01:24 AM »
album of the year no doubt, the west is back :raisetheroof:

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 06:07:20 AM »
After first listen, the album seem weak/average, only some good tracks, nothing special. Maybe it'll be better after another shot.

Matty

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 06:12:32 AM »
pretty average, definitely not worthy of the delays & hype. a handful of dope tracks but overall similar type of affair to LAX.

doggfather

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 06:24:06 AM »
album of the year no doubt, the west is back :raisetheroof:

really?!?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:02 AM »
I remember how some people on here hated on The Documentary, called it average. The same with Doctors Advocate. Im not gonna take haters seriously when it comes to judging Game. This is the Album of the year! Dude is a legend and deserves some respect. Go get that album. Support the WEST!

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 06:52:31 AM »
I remember how some people on here hated on The Documentary, called it average. The same with Doctors Advocate. Im not gonna take haters seriously when it comes to judging Game. This is the Album of the year! Dude is a legend and deserves some respect. Go get that album. Support the WEST!

so as soon as we deem the documentary and doctor's advocate average we are automatically haters ? smh

doggfather

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 06:57:03 AM »

so as soon as we deem the documentary and doctor's advocate average we are automatically haters ? smh

good question!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 06:58:25 AM »
I didn't think I would say this...but his album actually rivals the throne...dare I say classic....Game surprised me with this album...more substance, concepts and direction....IMO... 8)

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 07:02:42 AM »
I don't think "average" was the consensus here when it comes to Game 1st two albums ... The 2nd part of this album is just crap (with the exception of the primo track) and there is no so called hate in my comments

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 07:03:28 AM »
I shit on those south sounding tracks with shit ass claps, fast hi-hats and bitch snares. wtf is that? How come it cought up and got so popular? Artistically it is just shit.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 07:19:17 AM »
ok so this is supposed to be the memorable album that everybody was talking about for the last 2 years. doesnt sound like it on the first listen. the 2nd and 3rd listen didnt really blow me away either.

like others said, the album got weaker throughout the 2nd half. some of the songs made me go wtf? llike "Pot of Gold" joint or "California Dream", what was that? lax was better than this.

but this literally just came out, so Ima chill and give this a good amount of spins before saying too much, but it looks like i'm leaning towards a negative review

EDIT: game's "agressive" flow/voice sounds weird at some places. like the "Paramedics" track, jeezy sounds like a complete idiot and game sounds like jeezy.

heaters:
-The City (kendrick killed the closing verse, DAMN!)
-Martians vs Goblins
-Ricky
-The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
-Speakers on Blast
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:31:38 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »
ok so this is supposed to be the memorable album that everybody was talking about for the last 2 years. doesnt sound like it on the first listen. the 2nd and 3rd listen didnt really blow me away either.

like others said, the album got weaker throughout the 2nd half. some of the songs made me go wtf? llike "Pot of Gold" joint or "California Dream", what was that? lax was better than this.

but this literally just came out, so Ima chill and give this a good amount of spins before saying too much, but it looks like i'm leaning towards a negative review

EDIT: game's "agressive" flow/voice sounds weird at some places. like the "Paramedics" track, jeezy sounds like a complete idiot and game sounds like jeezy.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 07:43:52 AM »
some guys on the internet said only 6 tracks that were recorded for the "original" album made it to the final product ... some didn't make the cut because of early leaks ( Monsters in my head, Rough) , some ended up on the mixtapes , some went M.I.A ( a song produced by RZA, Dead People by Dre , a song rumored to be called "Strictly 4 the west" feat dre, cube and snoop  ::))

These claims may be (are probably) BS ... that guy Koolo who is legit said that a lot of good songs he heard didn't make the cut though

Maybe you guys at Dubcnn have some "inside" infos aswell
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:45:23 AM by wcsoldier »