Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10004 times)

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 10:57:51 AM »
Weak. He released 3-4 mixtapes in the last few months and I don't see any improvment in the quality.
"Ricky" is dope though, "The City" and "Martians" are pretty good too.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!

1. The dude copied Rick Ross & Jeezy's flow on their respective songs together. That's a joke.

2. There are only two REALLY good songs on this. That is "Born In The Trap" & "The City".

3. If you can listen to bullshit lyrics that have been repeated four albums deep & just listen to pretty dope production, I understand the love. But I want you to understand Game shouldn't be credited for what Khalil did.

4. If you really can't hear a drop in quality, I don't know what to say to you.

5. The Documentary = Doctor's Advocate >>> L.A.X. >> R.E.D.

jmj540

• Lil Geezy
  • YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE! YOU BLEW IT
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
This was a much better album than I expected. Sure, Game jacks most of the rapper's flows when they're featured on his song, and track 13-17 is pretty awful but it still comes out as a damn good album. A solid ****/5 album.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 11:26:35 AM »
STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!

2. There are only two REALLY good songs on this. That is "Born In The Trap" & "The City".

at the very least i think 'ricky' should be up there.....i personally think its the best track, not sure how anyone could front on that track
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 11:31:18 AM »
STOP, STOP, STOP, STOP!

at the very least i think 'ricky' should be up there.....i personally think its the best track, not sure how anyone could front on that track

Ricky is a dope song. Forgot about it. Alright, so three.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »
I remember how some people on here hated on The Documentary, called it average. The same with Doctors Advocate. Im not gonna take haters seriously when it comes to judging Game. This is the Album of the year! Dude is a legend and deserves some respect. Go get that album. Support the WEST!

so as soon as we deem the documentary and doctor's advocate average we are automatically haters ? smh

good question!

when you say something that is clearly not true in order to denounce somebody one can call it hating. games first albums were clearly far superior to the average rap album released during that time. calling it average is like calling durant an average shooter or manning an average quarterback.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »
This was a much better album than I expected. Sure, Game jacks most of the rapper's flows when they're featured on his song, and track 13-17 is pretty awful but it still comes out as a damn good album. A solid ****/5 album.

wait....how can an album with at least 4 awful tracks be a 4 star album? imo a 4 star album is an album with 4 star songs, and 1 weak song at worst.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2011, 11:52:18 AM »
Been listening to the 8 leaked tracks all day before getting the entire record and after a complete first listen it doesn't blow me away... I will give this a second spin with headphones and give an opinion later

Matty

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »
i see people defending game's first two albums as a means of deflecting criticism from this one. it's obvious really fast that this falls behind his first two albums, whether they were just good, great or classic, whatever. its about as good as LAX. some enjoyable stuff but generic mainstream vibes for the most part. i thought LAX was pretty average and right now a little more enjoyable than this one. tracks i like the goblins one has a dope beat, ricky is epic, mama knows is actually real chill. but the dre involvement is a complete waste of time and that drug test joint is terrible, what were they thinking?

and i'm not a hater. game fans are real quick to call out anyone and everyone as haters. book of david is 100 times better than this shit, real talk :laugh: 8)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2011, 12:20:17 PM »
Basically it's LAX part 2, but even more watered down than that was. It started off with so much potential, but then just absolutely went to shit at that half-way point. Honestly, for the most part it's good mixtape material. Not much album tracks here. And Ricky is the only track I can't wait to hear again, that was fucking crazy, other than that though, I don't really care to hear the majority of this again. A few others were cool (The City, Born In The Trap and one or 2 more) but as of the first listen, Ricky was by far the standout amongst mostly good mixtape tracks.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »
i see people defending game's first two albums as a means of deflecting criticism from this one. it's obvious really fast that this falls behind his first two albums, whether they were just good, great or classic, whatever. its about as good as LAX. some enjoyable stuff but generic mainstream vibes for the most part. i thought LAX was pretty average and right now a little more enjoyable than this one. tracks i like the goblins one has a dope beat, ricky is epic, mama knows is actually real chill. but the dre involvement is a complete waste of time and that drug test joint is terrible, what were they thinking?

and i'm not a hater. game fans are real quick to call out anyone and everyone as haters. book of david is 100 times better than this shit, real talk :laugh: 8)

RED is a very inconsistent album but the few highlights shit on any of "book of david" songs ... it was a very forgettable album from Quik

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2011, 12:26:18 PM »
I don't know why songs like The Ocean, Soft Rhodes, Monsters In My Head, Keeping It Real and a bunch more from all the mixtapes he dropped in the past 2 years didn't make it over some of the average mixtape tracks on here. I understand the poppy mainstream tracks, but theres way too much filler on here.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »

Take a few tracks off and add a couple from Game's 2011 mixtapes, you got something playable on ya headphones. It's about the best the west or hip-hop is going to offer this year. Until Detox drops *ahem*.

"Cats and dogs" says hello

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »
The City is hard, right out the gate. Kendrick was dope as fuck. They both came with it.

Matty

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2011, 12:58:12 PM »

RED is a very inconsistent album but the few highlights shit on any of "book of david" songs ... it was a very forgettable album from Quik

the few highlights can't even touch the best book of david cuts, not even close. the album has improved so much over time and in ways this type of thing could never. but different strokes.