Author Topic: So funny how this board is with Game....  (Read 1221 times)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
So funny how this board is with Game....
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:48:48 AM »
It is a regular occurrence to come on this forum and see people dissing Game, saying he lost it, he's out of touch, he can't put out good albums without 50, doesn't rep for the West, is fake, blah blah....

But EVERY and I mean EVERY time he releases a project, he dominates this forum like no other - even more so than Snoop and Dre when they have new songs dropping. I just counted on the front page of the forum and there are 13 threads about Game. And funny enough, it seems everyone mostly has positive things to say about the new music he's been dropping.

How about we all realize we have a very talented artist on our hands representing for the West, and while he may have many many questionable decisions when it comes to his personal life, he without a doubt delivers on the musical tip and is consistent as fuck?

I'm all for the New West and the new breed of rappers (particularly Kendrick and Fashawn), but nobody out here is touching Game right now. Stand up for a probable legend in the making. And before the disses come my way - I am by no means dickriding. I'm just stating the facts and how this forum has seemed to operate when it comes to this artist.

doggfather

Re: So funny how this board is with Game....
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 05:03:01 AM »
This isn't funny, this is sad.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:13:54 AM »
never really gave a fuck about game, prolly never will. he gets criticized mostly for his antics imo.  i do think he's more talented than people make him out to be on this forum though.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 05:26:57 AM »
Stand up for a probable legend in the making.
:camp:

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 05:58:02 AM »
It is a regular occurrence to come on this forum and see people dissing Game, saying he lost it, he's out of touch, he can't put out good albums without 50, doesn't rep for the West, is fake, blah blah....

But EVERY and I mean EVERY time he releases a project, he dominates this forum like no other - even more so than Snoop and Dre when they have new songs dropping. I just counted on the front page of the forum and there are 13 threads about Game. And funny enough, it seems everyone mostly has positive things to say about the new music he's been dropping.

How about we all realize we have a very talented artist on our hands representing for the West, and while he may have many many questionable decisions when it comes to his personal life, he without a doubt delivers on the musical tip and is consistent as fuck?

I'm all for the New West and the new breed of rappers (particularly Kendrick and Fashawn), but nobody out here is touching Game right now. Stand up for a probable legend in the making. And before the disses come my way - I am by no means dickriding. I'm just stating the facts and how this forum has seemed to operate when it comes to this artist.

I'm not much of a Game fan.  I have The Documentary -- it's alright, with very big budget production, but it's also very inauthentic and corny imo.  I also like Born in the Trap and wrote so in the song thread.  However, I rarely discuss Game here because as I said, I'm not much of a fan.  While what you're saying is probably true, I can only speak for myself, and I don't devote a lot of time to him here.  In contrast, I've tried to discuss Kokane, especially Gimme All Mine, which was dope as fucc, but I always get ignored.  Also, every once in a while a true G-Funk song will come along, and this board mostly ignores it.  So I guess that proves your point, actually.  Speaking for me only, I ignore the artists I don't like and mostly only discuss artists I do.

EDIT: Also, I should add that some of the people posting about Game right now undoubtedly are Interscope e-team members.  They'll disappear in a week or so.  You know who you are.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:05:17 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »
Game is the opposite of consistent. Nice essay. Groupie exposed.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Honestly thinking about it, what's so special about snoop making him better than game. Career wise? People consider snoop a legend. Game brought some light back to the west in 04-05. Consistently put out solid albums which sell well. Not to mention any artist that has any type of buzz on the west was introduced to the masses by game. Don't wanna take anything from kendrick's hustle but game knows he's on the cusp of blowing up so he threw him on RED. In fact kendrick came up as k dot on a game mixtape. Or how about Ya Boy, Jay Rock, Glasses Malone, Nippsey Hussle. The list goes on. Game's the rapper people love to hate. He's a good rapper, not a good song writer although he does seem to be improving in his concept areas.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:47:40 AM »
Snoop in his prime was making classics. Game in his prime was making good albums. Today I'm not hyped about either of them. And stop your stanning. Game didn't introduce anyone to the Game.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »
When he puts out shit like Aint No Doubt About It and some of the other straighr trash hes released he deserves the hate. IMO Games best when hes doing songs like Bang Along, Lost, Monsters In My Head.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 10:59:10 AM »
LOL. That sounds so stupid.

1. The only reason the board is buzzing is because there are 15 people like you on here who think he's actually good & get wet over the idea of his new music.

2. The reason why this forum is packed with Game topics is because more than half of niggas album is leaking & people are making threads about individual songs.

3. This guy impersonates every feature. The best song on this album will be "The City" because he impersonates an actual good rapper lol.

From what I heard, "Born In The Trap" & "The City" are the only two good songs. But the verses have the same recycled "chronic", "Dre", "California", "Aftermath", etc. bullshit lines he's been using. Son is carried by beats & occasionally a dope hook (mostly from a feature). This guy is no great rapper. He's just a small step up from Rick Ross being carried by pretty awesome production.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 10:59:22 AM »
Snoop in his prime was making classics. Game in his prime was making good albums. Today I'm not hyped about either of them. And stop your stanning. Game didn't introduce anyone to the Game.

G malone signed a million dollar check because of game. Ya Boy signed to akon. Kendrick is now making his first appearance on an album that will go Gold and close to platinum. Quit your hating. The Documentary is classic. Doctors Advocate is arguably a west coast classic. Real good album imo, LAX was average. Haven't listened to this one yet.

Snoop has also put out some material that should have never been released. Game will put out more consistent solid albums than snoop by the end of his career if he keeps this up. Seems like he really won't go away even though alot of people thought they'd never see this album hitting shelves. Harsh reality for some people.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:01:07 AM by friscoliving »

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »
This is just how the net world works though. I still remember when Doctors Advocate dropped and people here complained about every single thing from sales, to namedrops, to the quality etc but now they love that album. Same thing i saw on a few other sites when Documentary dropped. That's just how people on the net work for the most part, they overanalyze shit, hate anything popular, always in stan-wars and forgets to just enjoy music (no matter who it comes from) which is why the same people who hated on a certain album will say that they wished the artist would go back to making an album like that again later on.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
Honestly thinking about it, what's so special about snoop making him better than game. Career wise? People consider snoop a legend.  
Snoop has a signature style. He put his city on the map. He brought an entire stable of hungry artists to Death Row. His chemistry with Dr. Dre brought out the best in both of them and yes, Dre mentored him but Snoop brought a lot to the table. Game is good but what are his identifiable trademarks, borrowed or otherwise? He is an entertaining rapper, without question, but he doesn't have it on Snoop.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »

G malone signed a million dollar check because of game. Ya Boy signed to akon. Kendrick is now making his first appearance on an album that will go Gold and close to platinum. Quit your hating. The Documentary is classic. Doctors Advocate is arguably a west coast classic. Real good album imo, LAX was average. Haven't listened to this one yet.

Snoop has also put out some material that should have never been released. Game will put out more consistent solid albums than snoop by the end of his career if he keeps this up. Seems like he really won't go away even though alot of people thought they'd never see this album hitting shelves. Harsh reality for some people.

You really take being a groupie to a whole nother level.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 11:14:09 AM »
Naw, i'm a fan of game's. Ive never understood the hate. Funny people call someone a groupie yet your the first person up in the morning downloading his album lol Sorry i haven't even got around to it yet