Author Topic: So funny how this board is with Game....  (Read 1227 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: So funny how this board is with Game....
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 08:19:25 AM »
am i the only one who enjoys game records the most when he is just spitting gangsta rap cliches and keeping the rhymes simple. i don't really pay too much attention to his lyrics cause he really doesn't have anything very interesting to say. it's all about his flow/delivery and sounding good on the right production. i think it's fair to regard him as an average MC with very good vocals and delivery. this isn't necessarily a bad thing cause he produces a lot of enjoyable music, dropping loads of unreleased tracks and otherwise. i keep reading that dude puts so much heart and emotion into his records etc. dude seems pretty dumb to me, even his deepest insights aren't gonna be particularly inspiring or have any meaningful impact. his best lyric is 'fresh like ugghhhhh' 8)

The problem with this for me is the tenor of Game's voice is too gruff for me to just vibe to like that.  I mean, he has a Westcoast flow but an Eastcoast voice imho in that just the sound of his voice would sound best over grimy Eastcoast beats.  So, yeah, he could just rap cliches with simple rhyme patterns and whatnot over Westcoast production, but it still wouldn't sound "right" to me.  I actually liked Game best when he was with G-Unit and had their production, which imo fit him well relative to the production he has now. (Still not perfect, but better).

Moreover, his problem I think is that he really hasn't lived much of a street life unlike other gangsta rappers before him; he raps what he thinks the street life is all about based on how he has heard gangsta rappers before him describe it -- hence, why he is named "The Game" -- as the human personification of hip hop's gangsta rap traditions.  But I think it necessarily comes off sounding inauthentic and corny, as I wrote earlier in the thread.  It's a shame because I really had high hopes for him earlier on in his career when he was with G-Unit, but then The Documentary came out and I realized what "The Game" actually meant conceptually; couple that with his increasingly ill-fitting production, and he's less and less on my radar these days.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Matty

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »
am i the only one who enjoys game records the most when he is just spitting gangsta rap cliches and keeping the rhymes simple. i don't really pay too much attention to his lyrics cause he really doesn't have anything very interesting to say. it's all about his flow/delivery and sounding good on the right production. i think it's fair to regard him as an average MC with very good vocals and delivery. this isn't necessarily a bad thing cause he produces a lot of enjoyable music, dropping loads of unreleased tracks and otherwise. i keep reading that dude puts so much heart and emotion into his records etc. dude seems pretty dumb to me, even his deepest insights aren't gonna be particularly inspiring or have any meaningful impact. his best lyric is 'fresh like ugghhhhh' 8)

The problem with this for me is the tenor of Game's voice is too gruff for me to just vibe to like that.  I mean, he has a Westcoast flow but an Eastcoast voice imho in that just the sound of his voice would sound best over grimy Eastcoast beats.  So, yeah, he could just rap cliches with simple rhyme patterns and whatnot over Westcoast production, but it still wouldn't sound "right" to me.  I actually liked Game best when he was with G-Unit and had their production, which imo fit him well relative to the production he has now. (Still not perfect, but better).

Moreover, his problem I think is that he really hasn't lived much of a street life unlike other gangsta rappers before him; he raps what he thinks the street life is all about based on how he has heard gangsta rappers before him describe it -- hence, why he is named "The Game" -- as the human personification of hip hop's gangsta rap traditions.  But I think it necessarily comes off sounding inauthentic and corny, as I wrote earlier in the thread.  It's a shame because I really had high hopes for him earlier on in his career when he was with G-Unit, but then The Documentary came out and I realized what "The Game" actually meant conceptually; couple that with his increasingly ill-fitting production, and he's less and less on my radar these days.

yeah i get that, his voice is definitely at home over 'darker' production as opposed to the straight west coast stuff. i wouldn't give the g-unit sound a particular coast, at its best its just cinematic, dark and gangsta. it works well for game, but it has to be done right and mainstream production isn't really on that type of vibe now. i think that's why he's sounding more forced and uncomfortable nowadays. the crazy thing is even dre couldn't give him a fitting beat for the album and has possibly his worst feature ever (as in an actual released track - drug test) on there too. i can't believe how bad that track is, it's several notches below 'Kush' and sounds like a bad Timbaland knock-off.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »
You're wrong NIK, I do like Game. You wasted your time trying to turn that personal. I was simply asking the question, whats the difference between spending effort to give your opinion if it's negative because you don't like it or spending effort to like something regardless? You're spending an equal amount of effort.

Like your music, it sucks. Doesn't take a "hater" to understand that. It requires less effort for me to say "Wow, that's terrible" than it took Brian to write an in-depth, track by track analysis of your little complication. Not to mention, Brian has never said anything negative about your music in his decade career here. That sounds like a low life waste of time.

Speaking of which, you seem to show up in quite a few Lil' B threads, always talking shit about him. Now I'm not calling you a "low life loser" for doing so, but I think you just called yourself one...

I think you can't tell the difference between, blind hate & honest opinion. That's unfortunate.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
Game has an "eastcoast-voice"?
i nver knew eastcoast/westcoast-voices had a special/segregated sound to them. slang, defintely. but "voice"?

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:20 AM »
i nver knew eastcoast/westcoast-voices had a special/segregated sound to them. slang, defintely. but "voice"?
Well actually when Game came out he was accused of having a east coast flow, whatever the fuck that means.

bouli77

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »

i guess they mean that his type of voice is more fitting for east-coast type instrumentals. during his get low recordz days he was accused of sounding too much like Shyne.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »
i guess Snoop Dogg & 2pac are "westcoast-voices" then?

n that squeezky baby-voice style a'la B-Real and Eazy-E,, that shit is west as well..

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:06:26 AM by Michael Madsen »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »

Moreover, his problem I think is that he really hasn't lived much of a street life unlike other gangsta rappers before him; he raps what he thinks the street life is all about based on how he has heard gangsta rappers before him describe it

Dre, Cube and 80% of 90s gangsta rappers disagree with you.

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
You're wrong NIK, I do like Game. You wasted your time trying to turn that personal. I was simply asking the question, whats the difference between spending effort to give your opinion if it's negative because you don't like it or spending effort to like something regardless? You're spending an equal amount of effort.

Like your music, it sucks. Doesn't take a "hater" to understand that. It requires less effort for me to say "Wow, that's terrible" than it took Brian to write an in-depth, track by track analysis of your little complication. Not to mention, Brian has never said anything negative about your music in his decade career here. That sounds like a low life waste of time.

Speaking of which, you seem to show up in quite a few Lil' B threads, always talking shit about him. Now I'm not calling you a "low life loser" for doing so, but I think you just called yourself one...

I think you can't tell the difference between, blind hate & honest opinion. That's unfortunate.

go ahead and give negative opinions, nothin wrong with thta....but my point was that someone who gets obsessed over negativity and goes on rants for pages about shit they dislike must lead a pretty pathetic life.

like i said, theres a huge difference in spending effort in talking about something that interests u and something that doesnt interest u. those who choose to spend their time and energy on a hate tip, such as yourself, come off as small dick havin' bitches who are not happy with life. just letting u know

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 07:35:58 PM »

now this is the networth in it's entirety yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:40 PM »
This is funny, cause I thought that to an east coast voice? Lol I heard of having an ny accent but not a voice lol yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 07:57:21 PM »
his best lyric is 'fresh like ugghhhhh' 8)

;D You're right, it still is !

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:32 PM »

go ahead and give negative opinions, nothin wrong with thta....but my point was that someone who gets obsessed over negativity and goes on rants for pages about shit they dislike must lead a pretty pathetic life.

like i said, theres a huge difference in spending effort in talking about something that interests u and something that doesnt interest u. those who choose to spend their time and energy on a hate tip, such as yourself, come off as small dick havin' bitches who are not happy with life. just letting u know

How is there a difference? Time is being spent regardless...

C'mon, son.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »

most of the time its people dropping one negative opinion and then a groupie takes offense and starts an argument about it.

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 01:35:32 AM »

How is there a difference? Time is being spent regardless...

C'mon, son.

yea...and whats the difference between sitting in ur room jerkin ur life away and going out and fucking fine bitches? no difference, right?...either way, time is being spent. i hope u understand why u sound like a loser with a pathetic outlook on shit. with the way u think, ur on the way to leading a very pointless life. i bet you are a depressed individual. i'd put money on it.