Author Topic: Dre's Voice  (Read 2660 times)

Sccit

Re: Dre's Voice
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2011, 01:34:03 AM »
^I ran into him at a Nsync concert.

lol @ disputing facts that "I Need A Doctor" isn't his second highest successful single.

I love how NIK kept saying, "you're too young" to me. Now he's run into somebody older than him & he's just further being exposed as a joke.

& I really love how he said "you gotta hunt down a bad quality version of a song, when you could just buy it for 99 cents" LOL. Yeah, NIK. It's impossible to find those download links. People only make threads across the internet, "NEW BUSTA RHYMES! LINK FOR CDQ DOWNLOAD INSIDE!".

and teenage girls dont go on message boards lookin for links, they just have mommy and daddy buy them singles for 99 cents. sorta like how mommy and daddy used to buy you your nsync albums, even though it was available for download. get the point?

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2011, 01:41:04 AM »
Man y'all tripping people bought singles like crazy back then, 2 7.99 albums and a single was a warehouse staple, yell

yea, singles were always sellin, but not like today...just look at the facts, "music single sales have surpassed CD single sales almost 2 to 1". was not like this back n the days.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »
Internet changed the whole demographics of music so its kinda hard to compare singles sales these days to something back in the early 90's when we didn't have digitial downloads of single songs. Its apples to oranges. Guarantee if the general population had to go and and actually physically buy the INAD single it would not rack up the number or purchases it has.

Actually it would be more sales considering the majority of the population could not get the song for free instantly. I'm an 80s baby and I know I spent a helluva lot more money on singles back then. Actually I don't even spend money on singles anymore.

are u retarded? nobody bought singles back in those days... u ever seen someone in the 90's sayin "check this new cd single i bought"? lmao...nowadays, everyone buys singles for 99 cents on itunes. kill urself, dumbfuck.

You were an infant in the 90s, lol at you trying to tell me what happened "back in those days". Lets see, I still have a collection of old singles inherited from all my brothers so obviously they sold. Nowadays everyone downloads the song for free. Who spends money on singles? I sure don't. But back in the day, yeah I would've bought the single of a song I loved (or bought the album)

i was never an infant in the 90s, u idiot, i was an infant in the 80s...i grew up in the 90s and have a lot of great memories from that time period, including shoppin at tower records, sam goody, record town, etc. i never said people didn't buy singles, i just said it wasn't nearly as popular as today, and most the sales were in full albums back in those days. nowadays, people buy singles on itunes for 99 cents all the damn time. it's easy and cheap. a lot of people prefer to spend 99 cents to download something in cdq with easy access as opposed to hunting for a free download and ending up with a bad quality version. it's just that most people feel like 99 cents is pocket change, so they dont mind dishin it out for a song they like...tons of people are buying singles right now as i type this. if u really think itunes didnt change the name of the game when it comes to single sales, u must slap yourself really hard...backhanded. go...

You were 14 in 2002 right? That means you were 2 years old in the 90s.

in 2002 i was 15, meaning i spent my childhood growin up in the 90s, idiot. slap yourself...hard. fucking 90's baby.

I'm older than you kiddo...and I was barely of age to be listening to rap albums in the 90s, definitely not the early part of it. You got into music the same time the internet was becoming popular. Stop fronting like you know what it was like "back then"

wrong...i got into hip-hop before the downloading existed. i can remember being 6 years old and my uncles blasting eazy-e and 2pac on repeat...and before that, my pops was into run-dmc and digital undergound, the popular rap of those days. regardless, i was most definitely around way before itune single sales were available for download, so shut ur damn mouth if u have nothin 2 say.

lmao @ trying to claim you were a rap fan when you were 6. Your attempts to defend yourself are just sad. I would bet anything you were jamming to Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys.

lol, get the fuck outa here, my uncles would whoop my ass if i bumped that shit...u faggots think that because you discovered hip-hop when u were in your later teen years that everyone is the same. like it's some sort of shocker that some people were exposed to rap in their younger days. hate to break it to u, bitchboy, but that aint the case...like i said, i was put up on rap when i was young as fuck, probably before some peeps on this board was even born. step your game up n quit postin with a salt-shaker in ur hand.

When you were 6 you were dancing along to the latest pop fads, guarantee. lmao @ denying it. Of course a tool like you would pretend he listened to "cool" music his whole life. You and I both know the real story, even if you're too scared to admit it to this forum.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »

lol @ disputing facts that "I Need A Doctor" isn't his second highest successful single.

I love how NIK kept saying, "you're too young" to me. Now he's run into somebody older than him & he's just further being exposed as a joke.

& I really love how he said "you gotta hunt down a bad quality version of a song, when you could just buy it for 99 cents" LOL. Yeah, NIK. It's impossible to find those download links. People only make threads across the internet, "NEW BUSTA RHYMES! LINK FOR CDQ DOWNLOAD INSIDE!".

and teenage girls dont go on message boards lookin for links, they just have mommy and daddy buy them singles for 99 cents. sorta like how mommy and daddy used to buy you your nsync albums, even though it was available for download. get the point?

LOL. Yes. Because teenage girls are just running to download a 45 year old Black rappers new single.

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »
Internet changed the whole demographics of music so its kinda hard to compare singles sales these days to something back in the early 90's when we didn't have digitial downloads of single songs. Its apples to oranges. Guarantee if the general population had to go and and actually physically buy the INAD single it would not rack up the number or purchases it has.

Actually it would be more sales considering the majority of the population could not get the song for free instantly. I'm an 80s baby and I know I spent a helluva lot more money on singles back then. Actually I don't even spend money on singles anymore.

are u retarded? nobody bought singles back in those days... u ever seen someone in the 90's sayin "check this new cd single i bought"? lmao...nowadays, everyone buys singles for 99 cents on itunes. kill urself, dumbfuck.

You were an infant in the 90s, lol at you trying to tell me what happened "back in those days". Lets see, I still have a collection of old singles inherited from all my brothers so obviously they sold. Nowadays everyone downloads the song for free. Who spends money on singles? I sure don't. But back in the day, yeah I would've bought the single of a song I loved (or bought the album)

i was never an infant in the 90s, u idiot, i was an infant in the 80s...i grew up in the 90s and have a lot of great memories from that time period, including shoppin at tower records, sam goody, record town, etc. i never said people didn't buy singles, i just said it wasn't nearly as popular as today, and most the sales were in full albums back in those days. nowadays, people buy singles on itunes for 99 cents all the damn time. it's easy and cheap. a lot of people prefer to spend 99 cents to download something in cdq with easy access as opposed to hunting for a free download and ending up with a bad quality version. it's just that most people feel like 99 cents is pocket change, so they dont mind dishin it out for a song they like...tons of people are buying singles right now as i type this. if u really think itunes didnt change the name of the game when it comes to single sales, u must slap yourself really hard...backhanded. go...

You were 14 in 2002 right? That means you were 2 years old in the 90s.

in 2002 i was 15, meaning i spent my childhood growin up in the 90s, idiot. slap yourself...hard. fucking 90's baby.

I'm older than you kiddo...and I was barely of age to be listening to rap albums in the 90s, definitely not the early part of it. You got into music the same time the internet was becoming popular. Stop fronting like you know what it was like "back then"

wrong...i got into hip-hop before the downloading existed. i can remember being 6 years old and my uncles blasting eazy-e and 2pac on repeat...and before that, my pops was into run-dmc and digital undergound, the popular rap of those days. regardless, i was most definitely around way before itune single sales were available for download, so shut ur damn mouth if u have nothin 2 say.

lmao @ trying to claim you were a rap fan when you were 6. Your attempts to defend yourself are just sad. I would bet anything you were jamming to Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys.

lol, get the fuck outa here, my uncles would whoop my ass if i bumped that shit...u faggots think that because you discovered hip-hop when u were in your later teen years that everyone is the same. like it's some sort of shocker that some people were exposed to rap in their younger days. hate to break it to u, bitchboy, but that aint the case...like i said, i was put up on rap when i was young as fuck, probably before some peeps on this board was even born. step your game up n quit postin with a salt-shaker in ur hand.

When you were 6 you were dancing along to the latest pop fads, guarantee. lmao @ denying it. Of course a tool like you would pretend he listened to "cool" music his whole life. You and I both know the real story, even if you're too scared to admit it to this forum.

LOL, okay, faggot. whatever makes u feel better about bein a backstreet boys fan when u were younger.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:29:20 PM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »

LOL. Yes. Because teenage girls are just running to download a 45 year old Black rappers new single.

"I Need a Doctor" was big on the radio/mtv...it was catchy and had a poppy feel with skylar grey's hook. teens were all up on that shit...either way, it's not even close to his biggest hit. u wouldnt know, because u were still bumpin nsync when much bigger hits like "next episode" and "forgot about dre" came out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »
^See, this is why I questioned whether you had mental problems or not. It's statistically proven what his second highest selling single is. It's not up for debate.

Obviously if you asked what's his best songs, this wouldn't come up. Sales are sales though, there are no changing facts.

You always struggled when dealing with facts because you couldn't put your own personal spin on it. Like Kobe, you just argue with your personal opinion. With how bitches look, personal opinion. How I look, personal opinion. How people live life on here, assumptions with no base (guessed opinion). But this doesn't require your opinion, it's just slated in history.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »

"I Need a Doctor" was big on the radio/mtv...it was catchy and had a poppy feel with skylar grey's hook. teens were all up on that shit...either way, it's not even close to his biggest hit. u wouldnt know, because u were still bumpin nsync when much bigger hits like "next episode" and "forgot about dre" came out.

What do you think makes a hit? Lol at trying to deny the fact its a bigger hit than any song from 2001.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2011, 03:50:31 PM »

What do you think makes a hit?

Whatever he was bumping prior to the age of ten.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2011, 07:09:51 PM »

The sad shit is he was listening to kiddie music before the age of 10 and is too pussy to admit it. As the eldest in his family he didn't even have any older siblings to get his music tastes from. And he wants us to believe his typically rich Jewish mom and dad put him on to rap.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »

The sad shit is he was listening to kiddie music before the age of 10 and is too pussy to admit it. As the eldest in his family he didn't even have any older siblings to get his music tastes from. And he wants us to believe his typically rich Jewish mom and dad put him on to rap.

I self-admitted listening to those pop stars when I was ten. Basically the only ammo he's got against me. So if he admits into it, he doesn't have anything to say to me when I have him cornered, stumbling on words.

Sccit

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »
^See, this is why I questioned whether you had mental problems or not. It's statistically proven what his second highest selling single is. It's not up for debate.

Obviously if you asked what's his best songs, this wouldn't come up. Sales are sales though, there are no changing facts.

You always struggled when dealing with facts because you couldn't put your own personal spin on it. Like Kobe, you just argue with your personal opinion. With how bitches look, personal opinion. How I look, personal opinion. How people live life on here, assumptions with no base (guessed opinion). But this doesn't require your opinion, it's just slated in history.

you're not getting the point, are u, slow ass? i know that based on SALES, it's his 2nd highest SELLING single. But it is not his 2nd BIGGEST hit, as it hasn't gotten nearly as much radio play, video play, club play, and recognition overall. my POINT was that SINGLE SALES have INCREASED drastically since the introduction of itunes, whereas overall RECORD SALES have DECREASED. do you get it yet? Most of the people who heard hits like "Next Episode", "Still DRE", and "Forgot About Dre" went out and bought the ablum (not the single), hence the album going 6 times platinum. if Dre dropped an album now, do u think "I Need A Doctor" is big enough to sell 6 million copies? if u do, u are fucking dumber than i even thought....slap yourself x 3487377 for not getting what i'm saying and arguing based on the fact that u cant comprehend.

Sccit

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »

What do you think makes a hit? Lol at trying to deny the fact its a bigger hit than any song from 2001.

recognition, familiarity, radio play, popularity...if u put on "next episode" at a club, everyone will know every last word. if someone put on "i need a doctor", half the people in the room wont even know whos song it is...it's not nearly as big as the hits that have gotten dre multi-platinum plaques. there is a reason dre hasnt put out an album yet. beyonce and katy perry are getting way more recognition than the shit dre is putting out. back in the day, when dre put somethin out, it was as big as anything out, and even bigger. only an idiot would think "i need a doctor" is dre's 2nd biggest hit based on itune sales...then again, u are a fucking idiot.

Sccit

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2011, 08:06:57 PM »

it's hilarious when people are so gay that they think everyone else must be just as gay...this is u and cham. yall are clownin urself smfh.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »

i know that based on SALES, it's his 2nd highest SELLING single.

You clearly don't. You're still arguing.

& Recovery sales are what Eminem used to do in a month's time ten years ago. A Dre album full of fifteen "Next Episode"'s wouldn't sell six times platinum in 2011, let alone maybe one.

& like we've already discussed, I know you think teenage girls are just running to buy Dr. Dre iTune songs, but in reality, more people downloaded it than purchased it.

You ever hear the term "one hit wonder"? The song is still considered a "hit" despite it even being corny or wack like "Crank That". Or you ever hear 50 Cent saying in one of his recycled lines "I make hit records"? He's acknowledging the fact he has more than one hit. Sure, "In Da Club" will be the one he's remembered for. But "Candy Shop" did better numbers, it made 50 Cent more money. Therefore it is "bigger".