Author Topic: Dre's Voice  (Read 2580 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dre's Voice
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »
I Need a Doctor is the second biggest hit of Dre's career. Y'all need to stop talking about it like it wasn't successful.

love33

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 08:45:24 AM »
I Need a Doctor is the second biggest hit of Dre's career. Y'all need to stop talking about it like it wasn't successful.

Not even close.  You gotta be kidding me, "Dre Day" is Dre's second biggest hit of his career.  If it was such a big hit there would be an album, common sense man.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »

Not even close.  You gotta be kidding me, "Dre Day" is Dre's second biggest hit of his career.  If it was such a big hit there would be an album, common sense man.

Billboard position and single sales say otherwise. I don't know what other criteria you want to use. There isn't an album yet because Dre isn't satisfied with whatever he has.

bouli77

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »

dre's song is his second highest charting singled ever.

Due to the song being leaked onto the Internet several months in advance to its release, it was a significant commercial success on its official release, particularly in the United States, where it peaked at number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Dr. Dre's second highest peaking song on the chart ever, and also peaking in the upper regions of many national charts. As of July 2011, it has sold over 2,051,000 digital copies in the United States alone, making it Dr. Dre's first song to reach the landmark.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Need_a_Doctor

it's also by far the most viewed dre video on youtube with like 60mil hits.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2011, 01:23:05 PM »
Internet changed the whole demographics of music so its kinda hard to compare singles sales these days to something back in the early 90's when we didn't have digitial downloads of single songs. Its apples to oranges. Guarantee if the general population had to go and and actually physically buy the INAD single it would not rack up the number or purchases it has.

Jay Bananas

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »
He sounds like a rapist lingering behind a bitch in a night club.

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 04:34:49 PM »
Internet changed the whole demographics of music so its kinda hard to compare singles sales these days to something back in the early 90's when we didn't have digitial downloads of single songs. Its apples to oranges. Guarantee if the general population had to go and and actually physically buy the INAD single it would not rack up the number or purchases it has.

exactly...only a dumbshit 90's baby wouldnt understand this and actually believe that "i need a doctor" is really dre's second biggest hit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2011, 04:43:38 PM »

Actually it would be more sales considering the majority of the population could not get the song for free instantly. I'm an 80s baby and I know I spent a helluva lot more money on singles back then. Actually I don't even spend money on singles anymore.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:45:26 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »

exactly...only a dumbshit 90's baby wouldnt understand this and actually believe that "i need a doctor" is really dre's second biggest hit.

You are stuck in the 90s and don't even follow current music. You let nostalgia talk for you instead of reality.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »

You are stuck in the 90s and don't even follow current music. You let nostalgia talk for you instead of reality.

yea...i do follow new music. in fact, i just posted a new song from a 2000's artist who u probably never even heard of...but nostalgia has nothin to do with "i need a doctor" not bein dre's 2nd biggest hit lollll

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »

Actually it would be more sales considering the majority of the population could not get the song for free instantly. I'm an 80s baby and I know I spent a helluva lot more money on singles back then. Actually I don't even spend money on singles anymore.

are u retarded? nobody bought singles back in those days... u ever seen someone in the 90's sayin "check this new cd single i bought"? lmao...nowadays, everyone buys singles for 99 cents on itunes. kill urself, dumbfuck.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
^^ actually yeah.  "How Do U Want It" went double platinum.

but as far as "I Need A Doctor" is concerned those numbers are becuz of Eminem, not becuz of Dr. Dre (i have 2 keep it 100). 

i wish i-Tunes could track who brought what from where.  like how much did Vermont buy, how much did Vegas buy and all that other shit like that.  it would be cool to see wassup where and to see how much people are buying vs what the labels are buying.  i only heard about that numerous amount of times, i can't say if it's true or not (i'm not a label exec this second).

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 09:24:24 PM »

but as far as "I Need A Doctor" is concerned those numbers are becuz of Eminem, not becuz of Dr. Dre (i have 2 keep it 100). 

i wish i-Tunes could track who brought what from where.  like how much did Vermont buy, how much did Vegas buy and all that other shit like that.  it would be cool to see wassup where and to see how much people are buying vs what the labels are buying.  i only heard about that numerous amount of times, i can't say if it's true or not (i'm not a label exec this second).

well, yea, i'm not sayin no one ever bought singles back in the 90's, i'm just sayin it's very rare compared to the way singles sell on itunes nowadays.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 02:52:54 AM »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2011, 04:36:33 AM »

well, yea, i'm not sayin no one ever bought singles back in the 90's, i'm just sayin it's very rare compared to the way singles sell on itunes nowadays.

yeah singles were like $2.99 or so if I remember correctly back in the 90's. Sometimes a single was not even released in order to further album sales even though the track was released to radio.